over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Lee Priest

Where did i mention marathon runner? Usain Bolt trains 3 hours per day, 7 days per week. Weights, foot work, plyometrics...etc. The human body WILL adapt or you will die. Simple as that. Overtraining in the conventional sense is a bunch of malarkey perpetrated by the supplement companies as an excuse to tell you why you aren't getting "them gainz". Here's some HMB. That'll help.

you never did mention a marathon runner-this was mentioned by Mike Mentzer

not turning this as of a pissing contest but you state that the human body WILL adapt or you will die??? so why not work out 6-10 hours a day? Because you will die?

if overtraining is a myth then you should be able to do this-correct?

Yes, you should. Powerlifters are notorious for training for hours and hours. I'm just trying to give you the truth. You have to figure out what works best for you. Mentzer's program works. But, like all other programs, it doesn't work forever. Whenever this topic comes up, it turns into a pissing match and everyone props Dorian up as the poster boy. I'm just saying that Lee tends to tell the truth because he's a maverick and really has nothing to lose. I wouldn't believe a word Dorian says because he's still got a TON of skin in the game.

Yes, you should. Powerlifters are notorious for training for hours and hours. I'm just trying to give you the truth. You have to figure out what works best for you. Mentzer's program works. But, like all other programs, it doesn't work forever. Whenever this topic comes up, it turns into a pissing match and everyone props Dorian up as the poster boy. I'm just saying that Lee tends to tell the truth because he's a maverick and really has nothing to lose. I wouldn't believe a word Dorian says because he's still got a TON of skin in the game.

true that I noticed that people that still are in the game tend to stretch the truth vs those that are out-IE the use of steroids

what works for one might not work for another as you said and that I agree with

experiment and find out what works-changing things up works

most people after months of heavy duty say they're joints will hurt and they need to try other routines-I switch to static contractions

works for me might not for others

Lets also remember that you have to push yourself to the max for the however long you workout for. I've seen a lot of people say they hit X amounts of minutes so they are just done. Take long ass breaks, doing barely 3 workouts.

When I got back to the gym after a year of injury it took me 2 and half to 3 hours to finish a workout. Soon that turned to two hours, then an hour and half, and then around an hour (seeing how I felt or if others were taking up what I was going to use).

Working longer is something that needs to be worked up to also. I also feel over training is a term thrown around to much.
But bigger pic is how much sleep/recovery do u get, what type of job u got, eat sell, etc.

I sit on my but for my job and dont do much else so i spend my free time working out. Its my hobby and i enjoy it.

he is comparing the science of making muscle tissue thru stimulation, hormones, diet, and recovery.... to the actual SKILL WORK of an athlete.... they are completely different OBVIOUSLY

I dont know I think if you sat down with dorian man to man he would divulge some serious information. He has been to alternate realms of existence...shit so mind boggling that it leaves you fucked up for days wondering which reality is real...this physical realm? or the realm of pure energy?

When I learned dorian was into psybicylum and dmt my respect for him multiplied 1000x fold. It changes everything once you venture into those realms...you learn that your foolish quest for physical recognition means nothing in the greater scheme of the universe. Ego and pride seem so foolish.

But one thing I can tell you for sure is lies and bullshit go out the window once you've crossed that barrier. So when Dorian says I did this or I did that I tend to believe him.

Now Lee Preist is a bullshitter amongst bullshitters....I remember one thread on MD where Lee says as the show gets closer he continualy drops the dose untill right before the show he is basically on nothing. I dont buy that for a second...you mean to tell me that the farther you go into a calorie deficit you keep dropping the gear and still show up on stage shredded and dry to the bone all the while keeping the muscle you built? I dont believe it.

he is comparing the science of making muscle tissue thru stimulation, hormones, diet, and recovery.... to the actual SKILL WORK of an athlete.... they are completely different OBVIOUSLY

exactly. this is some next level false equivalence

I think Lee believes what hes saying, and certainly he has more experience, better genes, talent etc than myself so its hard to criticize his ideas...

But, I will say this. Volume training works, we all know it does. So does HIT. IF you do it right. Its very very hard to kearn your body and push yourself to the point of true failure.

So honestly, for most people, some additional volume IS needed for cumulative fatigue.

I think the biggest lie out there is the "need" to hit muscles from different angles... that shit is just looney. Either your pecs contract or they dont. You need to choose exercises that for YOU allow you to really fire and squeeze the muscle.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I found it inspiring. I'll change things up and start setting a minimum gym time and gradually increase it for a couple of months. Nice change of pace.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws