over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Leg day...nausea!!

Reload

Verified Customer
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
Biologically, what causes this? Is this an acid/base thing? Metabolic vs. Respiratory acidosis/alkalosis? No matter what I do, eat, no eat before training I'm always 5 ft from the nearest garbage can and green by the time I'm into my last few sets of heavy squats. It's gotten to the point that I dred leg days. Anyone got a cure?

Reload said:
Biologically, what causes this? Is this an acid/base thing? Metabolic vs. Respiratory acidosis/alkalosis? No matter what I do, eat, no eat before training I'm always 5 ft from the nearest garbage can and green by the time I'm into my last few sets of heavy squats. It's gotten to the point that I dred leg days. Anyone got a cure?
my buddy and i have the same "problem"...i think it's jst part of the game though. your quads, glutes are the biggest muscles in your body, so i think it's only natural for it to be nauseating to train them as hard as you can.

I think it just your body's reaction to the heavy physical stress you are putting on it, Sounds like you are getting a good workout to me.

thebrick said:
I think it just your body's reaction to the heavy physical stress you are putting on it, Sounds like you are getting a good workout to me.
Bump this, sick and pain = great gains!!!

Out of shape and not breathing properly most likely.MM

DESCRIBE YOUR TYPICAL LEG DAY! LOL...

Reload said:

SOUNDS LIKE YOU ARE PUTTING IN SOME TOUGH ONES! I'LL TELL YOU...MY COUSIN WOULD BARF DURING OR AT THE END OF MOST OF OUR LEG WORKOUTS. I DON'T KNOW WHY...WE WERE DOING THE SAME STUFF. LOL..

I REMEMBER ONE PARTICULAR DAY....IN COLLEGE...WE WERE DOING LEGS IN THE MORNING...GYM WAS PACKED. WE WERE GETTING READY FOR A POWERLIFING MEET. MY COUSIN PUKED WITH THE BAR ON HIS BACK..THE SHIT WAS COMING OUT OF HIS NOSTRILS, HIS FACE WAS ALL RED....

AND, LIKE A DICKHEAD....I WAS STANDING BEHIND HIM YELLING 'COME ON YOU PUSSY...KEEP GOING!' ....AND HE DID. WHAT A COMPLETE ASSHOLE I'VE BEEN AT TIMES DURING MY LIFE! SOMETIMES I'VE GOT TO JUST SHAKE MY HEAD AT MY ACTIONS......

IT'S AMAZING ANYONE LIKED ME WELL ENOUGH TO HANG AROUND.

GOOD LUCK WITH THAT ....I HATE FEELING LIKE I AM GOING TO BLOW CHOW. I FEEL FOR YOU.:(

JETHRO TULL said:
SOUNDS LIKE YOU ARE PUTTING IN SOME TOUGH ONES! I'LL TELL YOU...MY COUSIN WOULD BARF DURING OR AT THE END OF MOST OF OUR LEG WORKOUTS. I DON'T KNOW WHY...WE WERE DOING THE SAME STUFF. LOL..

I REMEMBER ONE PARTICULAR DAY....IN COLLEGE...WE WERE DOING LEGS IN THE MORNING...GYM WAS PACKED. WE WERE GETTING READY FOR A POWERLIFING MEET. MY COUSIN PUKED WITH THE BAR ON HIS BACK..THE SHIT WAS COMING OUT OF HIS NOSTRILS, HIS FACE WAS ALL RED....

AND, LIKE A DICKHEAD....I WAS STANDING BEHIND HIM YELLING 'COME ON YOU PUSSY...KEEP GOING!' ....AND HE DID. WHAT A COMPLETE ASSHOLE I'VE BEEN AT TIMES DURING MY LIFE! SOMETIMES I'VE GOT TO JUST SHAKE MY HEAD AT MY ACTIONS......

IT'S AMAZING ANYONE LIKED ME WELL ENOUGH TO HANG AROUND.

GOOD LUCK WITH THAT ....I HATE FEELING LIKE I AM GOING TO BLOW CHOW. I FEEL FOR YOU.:(
:D ROFLMAO:D

shit

I know all about this problem....
got a cure for it now though, for myself at least. A little bit of an anti-nausea drug called promethazine (anti-histamine like benadryl, so it could make you sleepy) disolved in some DMSO....
I put it in a tiny little container and pull it out to rub some on my skin when I start feeling that bad.
I decided it was time to figure something out after I came home from a leg-workout, went to the kitchen for a drink and proceeded to blow chunks all over the dishes in the sink and the counter top....

Reload said:

To me,,,,that means your training your legs correctly.

MM's probably right!
How often does everyone hit legs per week? I'm sure conditioning plays a big part. Once a week just isn't doing it for me. I may give the promethazine a try. Maybe combine it with a little ECA before hitting quads.

When you need to exert 100% energy, or have exerted 100% energy, your body needs every calorie for the task. Disgestion, whether your stomach is empty or full, requires energy. Your stomach just empties itself. Your body is just trading what it may need for later for what it needs right now.

Anyone who's ever tested their VO2 max will come close to if not vomit.

I have the same problem and mine lasts for a good 45 minutes after my workouts so that my PWO drinks have to be very specific or they'll be coming out the opposite end in a short time. Take it as a good sign of intensity...

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws