over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Leg day

Dave didnt you say you tore your pec by doing RGBP? Dante said you were the first person he had ever heard of tearing a pec doing RGBP. Just wondering your thoughts on how this occurred? Did you have bad form or was it just a fluke thing?

Yup. Reverse grip on a smith machine. I think it was a combo of an old injury from 2 years ago in the same spot, the angle at which I had the machine, my body temp, and the fact that I'm stupid flexible. I can bend in positions that superheavies shouldn't.

And yes, his name is Dante...named after Dante. Haha.

Last edited:
The French bulldog videos are great.

The people that live upstairs from me just got a Boston Terrier puppy (12 weeks old) so now there's 3 Boston Terriers in my house, lol.

For your bodyweight you should be stronger.

I just had my pec tendon repaired 5 weeks ago. This is my 4th leg workout since surgery. What do you expect to see? Thanks for the input though!

Big old legs right there mate.

30 inches?

For your bodyweight you should be stronger.

So first you compliment him on having big legs (and yes, his legs are gargantuan), then a couple hours later you decide to let him know that he should be stronger for his weight.

What happened during those couple hours? Did you hit your head? Get jealous? Take some dumbfuck pills?

Damn Big Dave, your quads GOTTA be 30+ inches dude! Have you measured them?

Yup. Reverse grip on a smith machine. I think it was a combo of an old injury from 2 years ago in the same spot, the angle at which I had the machine, my body temp, and the fact that I'm stupid flexible. I can bend in positions that superheavies shouldn't.

And yes, his name is Dante...named after Dante. Haha.

Dave-What do you mean by having the machine at an odd angle? Im just curious about this injury. RGBP is a staple in my triceps training and i cant afford another huge injury. THanks a ton man.

So first you compliment him on having big legs (and yes, his legs are gargantuan), then a couple hours later you decide to let him know that he should be stronger for his weight.

What happened during those couple hours? Did you hit your head? Get jealous? Take some dumbfuck pills?

Shelby-Love the dumbfuck pills question!!! HAHAHAAH

Dave-What do you mean by having the machine at an odd angle? Im just curious about this injury. RGBP is a staple in my triceps training and i cant afford another huge injury. THanks a ton man.

Shelby-Love the dumbfuck pills question!!! HAHAHAAH

I had the bar placed weird on my body. Perhaps it was too low, which caused my shoulder to dip. That's what I felt when my pec "went". My shoulder felt like it was pushed downward by the bar.

I wouldn't fear the movement, just be careful with warm ups. In the future, I'll stick to higher rep ranges with this movement. I know when I press, my chest becomes involved too much regardless of hand or elbow positioning if my reps are low. When I get around the 10-12 range, my triceps become a lot more involved. Another thing, stopping the bar JUST short of touching the chest, or even a few inches, could put more stress on the triceps.

I appreciate the advice Dave. Glad to see you are hitting it again.

I had the bar placed weird on my body. Perhaps it was too low, which caused my shoulder to dip. That's what I felt when my pec "went". My shoulder felt like it was pushed downward by the bar.

I wouldn't fear the movement, just be careful with warm ups. In the future, I'll stick to higher rep ranges with this movement. I know when I press, my chest becomes involved too much regardless of hand or elbow positioning if my reps are low. When I get around the 10-12 range, my triceps become a lot more involved. Another thing, stopping the bar JUST short of touching the chest, or even a few inches, could put more stress on the triceps.

monster legs bro..glad you back hitting it hard...im horrible in the flexibility dept and i think that had a lot to do with when i did my pec tendon...what do you think of the power lifting methods of board training and using lockouts on smith for tendon strengtening...its gotta work well right!? or how would these guys be holding 800lbs and not ripping theirs!? shxt, i did mine with just 325 on flat bench

LOL!!! Shelby is it ok if I use your line sometimes? I never heard dumbfuck pills before. And that dude deserved it.

Big Dave, you are a beast. Your legs are freaky as hell. Keep up the good work!

monster legs bro..glad you back hitting it hard...im horrible in the flexibility dept and i think that had a lot to do with when i did my pec tendon...what do you think of the power lifting methods of board training and using lockouts on smith for tendon strengtening...its gotta work well right!? or how would these guys be holding 800lbs and not ripping theirs!? shxt, i did mine with just 325 on flat bench

I'm sure they'll work well for people who aren't injured... but I'm scared straight now. The rest of my body will be typical bodybuilding training, but I won't even look at a flat bench in fear of causing nightmares. I think about the moment when the tendon tore everyday, at least ten times a day. Today I was doing rest pauses for cable curls with my sets beginning with 20-25 reps. LOL.

I'll probably stick to high rep machine work starting in March or April and remain there until I feel secure enough to attempt some incline work or MAYBE flat DB presses stopping just short at the bottom.

A guy like Shelby would be more familiar with what you're talking about. Shelby does a lot with EliteFTS. EliteFTS - Powerlifting and Strength Training Products and Knowledge for Lifters, Athletes, Coaches, and Trainers If I were interested in that type of training, I'd be hitting up up.

oh hell yes, good job!

huge legs bro! damn! :eek:

good videos dave, doesn't look like that tear has slowed you down any... shit!

I'm sure they'll work well for people who aren't injured... but I'm scared straight now. The rest of my body will be typical bodybuilding training, but I won't even look at a flat bench in fear of causing nightmares. I think about the moment when the tendon tore everyday, at least ten times a day. Today I was doing rest pauses for cable curls with my sets beginning with 20-25 reps. LOL.

I'll probably stick to high rep machine work starting in March or April and remain there until I feel secure enough to attempt some incline work or MAYBE flat DB presses stopping just short at the bottom.

A guy like Shelby would be more familiar with what you're talking about. Shelby does a lot with EliteFTS. EliteFTS - Powerlifting and Strength Training Products and Knowledge for Lifters, Athletes, Coaches, and Trainers If I were interested in that type of training, I'd be hitting up up.

yeah bro its gonna take time before you pick up a weight and not think about it...that tear feeling and quick rip shock you feel will haunt for a while but slowly you will forget about it...but it def pops into my head here and there...but glad you back in gym..your legs are massive!!

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws