over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

leg help?

engbulldog

Registered
Guys and gals could I get some input on squats and leg size, for the past few mths I have been trying to bring up my legs and on sunday I started my leg workout w laying leg curls,stiff leg deads then moved to squats then extensions, everything seems to have gone well. The problem is my inner thighs are super sore not too much of the lower,mid ?? I did have my heels raised on a 1" board (reason it seems to take pressure off my knees) toes pointed straight ? I did get a nice pump in the whole quad but they are not as sore as the inner thigh by my nuts ???????

When I was young I had huge thighs and it was from squatting below parallel bak then we stayed away from extensions to hard on the knees
Heavy ass squats, walking lunges, leg curls
You gotta really push it crazy stuff like a typical leg day for me when not training for a meet would be 240, 340, 440, 540, 640 all in the 10 to 12 rep range then come bak down 2 or 3 sets with as many reps as u can
Lots of sets lots of reps lots of food
Take long rests between sets its gonna be a long hard day but thats what it takes

That's no leg workout.
I work my legs every 5 days to get them to grow.

Try warming up on leg curls 2-3 sets then 3 sets of 12 that are hard to get. Go to hack squats with legs in front of you and about 6-8 inches apart (4sets pyramid up in weight) next is regular squats on smith (3sets with one drop set) no need to do warm up sets next is lunges with smith machine(3sets going up in weight). Last main exercise is load up about 4 plates on leg press and do as many reps as you can (30sec rest) then go again (4-5 sets)

Do hamstrings the next day starting with stretching movements

Typical 1 1/2 - 2 hour workout including warming up and stretching

Last edited:

"I really believe attitude monitors talent. You have to take what you want. There has to be a certain amount of killer instinct present. You can't take no-grow for an answer. This strategy can be applied in any venture."
  "Some people like to live without too much risk. They're satisfied leading a safe existence. This attitude of caution infiltrates into their goals. Every successful athlete - or businessperson - enjoys taking calculated risks. You have to. Especially in the gym when you're squatting 500 for reps and you can't get one more but grunt out ten. Your nose starts bleeding, you fall into the rack and that's set one."

Tom Platz

wheels! not twigs

I have always tried to have a bigger, stronger partner than you when training wheels, reason being you will have to bring it or look like a girl training legs..
5-10 min recumbent bike to get blood flowing(pp)
light but high reps on leg extensions 4X20
now you're ready to start the actual workout:
leg press start with 600-800lbs on first set, jump 90-180lb each set even if you have to brace your knees with your arms crossed.....
right to hack squat, find your weight.. start 2 Cadillac's on each side and drop into the bucket, blast them out with more control on the down force( will save you knees) all 4X20
and last squats.. as heavy as you can for 4 set min 15-20 reps(burn out) I promise when you pull into your driveway, you just might fall as you try to stand up as you exit your vehicle....
most important thing to keep in mind is your focus, goals, and safety...
if you blow your knees out, where would it leave you?
I'm all for lunges, but they do real damage with heavy weight, so if you like them maybe use as a change up for burn out. light 25-45lb dumbbells walking lunges. with wheels you have to break thru your comfort zone and that's why I mention a partner to push and hold you accountable.... GIVE THIS A TRY

Last edited:
That's no leg workout.
I work my legs every 5 days to get them to grow.

Try warming up on leg curls 2-3 sets then 3 sets of 12 that are hard to get. Go to hack squats with legs in front of you and about 6-8 inches apart (4sets pyramid up in weight) next is regular squats on smith (3sets with one drop set) no need to do warm up sets next is lunges with smith machine(3sets going up in weight). Last main exercise is load up about 4 plates on leg press and do as many reps as you can (30sec rest) then go again (4-5 sets)

Do hamstrings the next day starting with stretching movements

Typical 1 1/2 - 2 hour workout including warming up and stretching

Wow, ok.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rpsly