over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

leg workout that makes sense

johndope

Newbies
Hi there guys and girls,

I just qualified a couple of months ago to enter in next years nationals..
I need to put on some more outsweep and overall leg size..

last three years have been working the legs twice a week and i feel that reducing it to once a week works for me..

any idea's on that thought and suggestions on what i can try?

current stats: 191cm /6'3" 124kg @ 10%

YouTube - hercules heren plus 100 vergelijking deel 1

i am the 2nd to the left

ps:
a typical legworkout is:;

squat 4x8
front squat 4x8
leg press
leg extention
lunges
hamstrings
calves

I have done all kinds of leg training. Right now i seem to have found what works great for me. 3 sets of squats and one other exercise which is used to target my hamstrings. Thats it! If you have never tried anything like this then give it 6 weeks. Keep a logbook and pick a compound movement(squat,hack squat,smith squat, leg press) and one isolated movement. If you push yourself, you should be able to beat the weight you used from the previous week.

I too am 6'3 and i was doing all types of training with high sets and i feel that im responding a lot better with lower sets. If you havent tried this, give it a shot. Only once a week.

My brain is trying to get me to do more exercises because thats what im used to doing, but why fix something so simple when its working? let me know if you need any help, ide be more than happy to answer any questions you got. There are A TON of very knowledgeable people on the board, youll like it here, welcome!

I have done all kinds of leg training. Right now i seem to have found what works great for me. 3 sets of squats and one other exercise which is used to target my hamstrings. Thats it! If you have never tried anything like this then give it 6 weeks. Keep a logbook and pick a compound movement(squat,hack squat,smith squat, leg press) and one isolated movement. If you push yourself, you should be able to beat the weight you used from the previous week.

I too am 6'3 and i was doing all types of training with high sets and i feel that im responding a lot better with lower sets. If you havent tried this, give it a shot. Only once a week.

My brain is trying to get me to do more exercises because thats what im used to doing, but why fix something so simple when its working? let me know if you need any help, ide be more than happy to answer any questions you got. There are A TON of very knowledgeable people on the board, youll like it here, welcome!

great input m8 that is the same thing that i am struggeling with! my brain tells me i am lazy in my workouts because i already reduced my workout to twice a week to once a week..

still giving them hell though.. but the frustrating thing is i put on mass so easily.. but the legs are like from a different planet..
:mad:

you look real good in that video. since you have reduced the frequency down to one week, which i think is fine. i would not then further reduce the volume of that one workout. i would keep the total volume for the quads at least at 16 sets and push more into 20+ counting finishing exercises for blood flow like leg extensions, banging out 4-8 sets.
again, look good, don't do anything too drastic from what u have been doing is my basic advice. good luck to you

you look real good in that video. since you have reduced the frequency down to one week, which i think is fine. i would not then further reduce the volume of that one workout. i would keep the total volume for the quads at least at 16 sets and push more into 20+ counting finishing exercises for blood flow like leg extensions, banging out 4-8 sets.
again, look good, don't do anything too drastic from what u have been doing is my basic advice. good luck to you

thank you very much for the compliment..

i did lose a lot of size the last weeks before this contest but that is something i am gonna try to prevent from happening next time..

so, keep doing high intensity, good that is what i was thinking of also..

good to get the idea confirmed by u guys

thank you very much for the compliment..

i did lose a lot of size the last weeks before this contest but that is something i am gonna try to prevent from happening next time..

so, keep doing high intensity, good that is what i was thinking of also..

good to get the idea confirmed by u guys

maybe you overdid the cardio and/or dieting too strictly, and/or did too high of an intensity cardio that focused too much on the legs, like a stepper or something

overdid it definitely!
some guy freaked me out 6 weeks out that i had to up my cardio so i ended up doing 2 sessions per day and threw out almost all my carbs..

stupid since i probably had most mass in that line up of guys, but ended up losing it..

guess i wanted to win so bad :D

I was doing legs twice a week and they improved at the biggining but got stock again, we figure is not the volume of training of the frequency is just the quality and the intensity and the recovery as well, not only recovery for your legs , the recovery of your whole body and nervious system plays the biggest role to grow a laggin part.
It is working for me and a few clients i have who needs improvements on the chest or back, quality stimulation and less damage for their bodies is working for them too.

Check out my leg workout resumed in one video, they have been improving every week in the opinion on my trainer and wife....
YouTube - TRI SET LEG WORKOUT 9 weeks out Sacramento 09

I do squats right now M W F (resting Tuesday, Thursday and the weekend) going up 5 lbs. each workout. I do 5 sets; 3 sets of 5 reps at about 75 %, then 2 sets at about 85%. When I reach a point where I cant get 3 reps on my last two sets, I will do them again with the same amount the next workout. Although, I still increase 5 lbs on my 3 set 5 rep part. This should help break through a sticking point. Once, I get to my powerlifting poundage, I will break that into 2 squat workouts, Monday and Friday 3 sets of 3.

Last edited:
great input m8 that is the same thing that i am struggeling with! my brain tells me i am lazy in my workouts because i already reduced my workout to twice a week to once a week..

still giving them hell though.. but the frustrating thing is i put on mass so easily.. but the legs are like from a different planet..
:mad:

keep doing the once a week workouts and see how your legs respond before switching it again. Also i would suggest doing some extreme stretches for quads and hams

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity