over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Legal advice needed regarding Big Bappers Gym

mrs bapper

Registered
I need some of you guys on the board to help me out in regards to Big Bappers Gym..From Seamus has passed away I have had two solicitors on the case and its just a watse of time!!...Anyhow this is my situation, when Big Bapper opened his Gym he had a partner for the first two months of trading, anyhow after two months the guy was no longer a partner..He was costing Seamus alot of money and business..After it was just Seamus that had all ownership of the business..So now this dick is now in Seamus' gym with all his equipment which was bought and paid for by Seamus running the gym as normal..I received no official documentation from his solicitor stating that what he is doing is legally binding...So I happened to be passing the Gym one day and at this stage I did nt know that it had being reopened by this guy...So I went in and approached him and asked him what the fuck he thought he was playing at and his words to me is contact your solicitor the business and all its belongings are now legally mine..Needless to say I totally lost my head with him and he got aggressive to me and totally disrespected me and Seamus by wat he was doing...My daughter Jessica is sole benifirary and I am acting on her behalf also Seamus family have since taken over the estate..And I ve had enough of people trying to screw my daughter over..If there will be anything in the estate it rightly belongs to Jessica..I am so disheartened as Big Bapper and I worked our asses off to make the Gym wat it was for this dick to just walk in and run it as normal..Bearing in mind that it was Seamus name on the lease when he passed away and Seamus name on all bank books and loans..I hope I ve explained everything clearly and if any of you guys here on PM can offer any advice on this matter I would very much appreciate it as its starting to stress me as no one here seems to be able to help me on the matter and nothing is getting resolved...Many thanx for taking time to read my post and sorry for venting..Respect as always!!..Michelle

It's going to be difficult for anyone to address your question (legal or otherwise) without a full understanding of the documents which were in place at the time. Partnership agreements, percentage of ownership and under what circumstances the partnership would dissolve.
I feel for your situation, but I'm not sure this would be the place to air these details.
The best advice I could offer is to seek out an attorney that was recommended to you. Good luck!

It's going to be difficult for anyone to address your question (legal or otherwise) without a full understanding of the documents which were in place at the time. Partnership agreements, percentage of ownership and under what circumstances the partnership would dissolve.
I feel for your situation, but I'm not sure this would be the place to air these details.
The best advice I could offer is to seek out an attorney that was recommended to you. Good luck!

Maybe this is not the place to air these details but believe me I would not have put this post up only for the fact that like I said I have nt got the help here which I really need..Anyhow Im sure there will be other members here on the board that will be able to help me with proper legal advice that I so need...Sorry if you think its inappropriate but Big Bapper is held in very high regard here on PM and Im sure that the guys here on PM will offer me the best possible advice as they are more aware of my situation..rather than a newbie..Sorry if this comes across as rude but thanx for your reply anyway!

Partnership agreements

The other big unknown is the law in Great Britain (you are in Ireland??)

But in any event, if this person was/is legally a founding partner with ownership rights you need to search through the documents for a clause that explains the procedure if one of the partners passes. See what it says.

He may get 100% control in the worst case scenario, but I would also imagine that he must then compensate you for your late husbands equity in the business. But calculating that may be a huge challenge.

I am not a lawyer, but I have owned a gym. And I have a masters degree in business.

Look for any mention of succession planning in the incorporation documents. Contact whomever created the originals.

Good luck. And prepare for a potentially nasty fight. But hope for a quick and easy positive resolution.

Is the gym worth much? Is the equipment owned or leased? Gym equipment has nasty depreciation. Before you get too invested in a fight with this scum, make sure it's a fight worth winning. The world is full of rats. And I prefer the 4 legged kind.

Last edited:
Maybe this is not the place to air these details but believe me I would not have put this post up only for the fact that like I said I have nt got the help here which I really need..Anyhow Im sure there will be other members here on the board that will be able to help me with proper legal advice that I so need...Sorry if you think its inappropriate but Big Bapper is held in very high regard here on PM and Im sure that the guys here on PM will offer me the best possible advice as they are more aware of my situation..rather than a newbie..Sorry if this comes across as rude but thanx for your reply anyway!

I was in no way intending to infer that it was inappropriate on your part. I sense the urgency here. I think you misunderstood my intent. Perhaps my wording was incorrect. What I meant to say was that this was of such importance to you that I didn't want to see you being misled with advice that could not be entirely accurate due to the facts not being clear. I apologize for the intrusion.

I was in no way intending to infer that it was inappropriate on your part. I sense the urgency here. I think you misunderstood my intent. Perhaps my wording was incorrect. What I meant to say was that this was of such importance to you that I didn't want to see you being misled with advice that could not be entirely accurate due to the facts not being clear. I apologize for the intrusion.

No worries I fully understand where your coming from now!!..Sorry for misinterpreting what you said..Many apolagises!

The other big unknown is the law in Great Britain (you are in Ireland??)

But in any event, if this person was/is legally a founding partner with ownership rights you need to search through the documents for a clause that explains the procedure if one of the partners passes. See what it says.

He may get 100% control in the worst case scenario, but I would also imagine that he must then compensate you for your late husbands equity in the business. But calculating that may be a huge challenge.

I am not a lawyer, but I have owned a gym. And I have a masters degree in business.

Look for any mention of succession planning in the incorporation documents. Contact whomever created the originals.

Good luck. And prepare for a potentially nasty fight. But hope for a quick and easy positive resolution.

Is the gym worth much? Is the equipment owned or leased? Gym equipment has nasty depreciation. Before you get too invested in a fight with this scum, make sure it's a fight worth winning. The world is full of rats. And I prefer the 4 legged kind.

Yeah I am in Ireland..From what I am aware it was all verbal agreement and no partnership papers were signed infront of solicitors....The gym eqipment itself would have being worth about £30 000 at the time of purchase...The eqipment was bought and paid for in Seamus' name...When it comes to my daughter I just hope that all works out in her favor as its for her future, and she is all that matters!!...Thank you for your reply!

You could try asking on uk-muscle.co.uk

I didnt know your husband at all but knew of him from seeing him in shows and I'm sure people on UKM would be more than happy to offer what advice they can and there may be a better chance of it being more relevant law wise with it being a British board.

HTH

I dont know the law in Ireland, but

Definitely contact an attorney. In some countries a hand shake is a legally binding agreement. Get the original paperwork, articles of incorporation if its a corp. You need to establish your daughter as the sole beneficiary, since youre her mother you will be acting on her behalf. Be careful, people act really wierd when it comes to a deceased family members estate.Family comes out of no where when things like this happen, some with good intentions and some not so much. Good luck and sorry for your loss.

Keep your faith michele.. Remember, everything happens for a reason, and what ever is MEANT to happen, WILL happen.. it always does.. You've been through alot, and one day you will see the reason for it all... There is always a blessing in disguise. GOOD LUCK!! sorry i cant help with legal advise.. I just paid $6000 for legal crap... When i started my business my old employer didnt like that and sued me!

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws