over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

LegalMuscle - my ongoing review (DrG)

drgoodbody

FOUNDING Member
Registered
Just thought that I would share my what I learn from Rick's book as I plow through it. So far I'm about 40 pages in and here's what I think:

* Book starts with a good prefaces by John Romano and Rick on describing the need for this book and setting the stage for telling it like it is.

* Opening chapter gives a good historical summary and account of how AAS came to be schedule III. The political battles by suits who knew nothing about steroids, the experts who saw no justification for scheduling, and ultimately the passing of legislation that only the politicians wanted. They need a burning platform to further their careers and AAS was it. There is also a good description of the subsequent demonization of steroids by the popular press. Rick describes the popular press very well in this, they have one mantra "keep it simple, and keep it negative", "they think you're an idiot". Simple as that is, it very well captures the what has plagued the steroid using community, the press will NEVER tell the truth about AAS (i.e. that they work and can be used safely), there's no money or sensationalism in telling the truth.

* Next chapter gets into steroid basics. For anyone who has been on the boards for 6 months or more, and who has done some reading on their own, most of this information will not be new. Rick does a good job of describing the drugs, basic cycle philosophy, ancillaries and how to avoid side effects. Orals vs. injectibles, effects on women, and even a good standard profile of your typical user: mid-twenties to forty years old, male, employed, probably training for sometime and decides he needs something more to make further improvements to his body. Clearly Rick is addressing the bulk of recreation steroids users here and I think he is dead on.

Thus far I like what I've read; some new, some not, but I'm very much looking forward to getting into the legal parts - not quite there yet.

As a side note, I noticed that a "Mike" was thanked by Rick in his acknowledgments, and I of course assumed that this is our one and only MikeS! Congrats on the that, but I'm sure you would have preferred to meet Rick under different circumstances.

Well, I'll post more as I read on.

DrG

Yup it was me! And so is the entire chapter23 about my personal and professional relationship with Rick.

We talk alot through email and phone-so its not just limited to my old legal matter. Plus we are meeting up for sure at the Arnold as we did last year- this year Rick will have a LEGAL MUSCLE booth!

I got the book a few weeks ago.

I read the entire thing the day I got it, except all the actual legal description of the cases which I just skimmed.

I thought it was GREAT. Maybe too good. I actually got rid of all my AS and am only doing slin and prohormones. :(

Does the book talk about how the police can catch you thru the computer? My wife is now pissed off because she read an article in Jeff Everson's magazine, "Planet Muscle" that said the feds will let you order AS thru the use of the net until they stack up the charges on you. And then they'll pay you a visit. I don't know what the hell to tell her. Until yesterday she had no problems or fears because she beleived I was safe. She says she has a lot of respect for Everson because he's not a bullshiter, and therefore thinks there is now a good chance I'll be busted. What can I tell her? Please help.

Everson is not correct. Look, when you have an arrest, your defense must be presented with 'discovery', which is a collection of the evidence against you. I have never, out of all the many board bros who've encountered bad legal fortune, heard of anyone who has been arrested as a result of the circumstances you mentioned-emailed orders traced and compounded.

Jeff Everson is bullshitter, if thats what he claims.

MikeS, Of all the people that "talk" about getting controlled deliveries and stuff, you are the first I have heard mention a discovery packet. When people mention an arrest I usually ask about a discovery packet. If they ask what that is, I know they are full of shit.

thread killer said:
MikeS, Of all the people that "talk" about getting controlled deliveries and stuff, you are the first I have heard mention a discovery packet. When people mention an arrest I usually ask about a discovery packet. If they ask what that is, I know they are full of shit.

I believe only a SMALL % of controlled deliveries are done by a discovery packet.

Maybe Mike S. can comment on this.

Also a person could open a discovery packet and not know it. You could assume it if you open the packet and then a minute later the cops are there but you might not know for sure.

MikeS said:
Yup it was me! And so is the entire chapter23 about my personal and professional relationship with Rick.

We talk alot through email and phone-so its not just limited to my old legal matter. Plus we are meeting up for sure at the Arnold as we did last year- this year Rick will have a LEGAL MUSCLE booth!
Sweet I'll be able to pick up my copy right there!!!!!!:)

Wups! I think we got a little off the track about "discovery packets". What MikeS was talking about was the "discovery" that the prosecution provides the defense lawyers about the case - copies of the police reports, lab tests, etc. This is standard in all criminal cases and is part of the trial procedure, or rather the procedures leading up to a possible trial. I agree with MikeS about never hearing of a case where they "accumulate" your computer info on on-line transactions and then "come for you". Not even real sure how they could make out a case with nothing more than that. Although as many of you know I am "in the legal field" myself and have been involved in this "stuff" for almost 20 years, I frankly don't know what a "discovery packet" in connection with a controlled delivery is. Maybe someone can clear this up. BTW, its a great book. Must reading for all of us. I'm quoted in there too - don't want to get to specific, don't really want to make myself a "target", but I think some of you know my background.

Chuck999 said:
Wups! I think we got a little off the track about "discovery packets". What MikeS was talking about was the "discovery" that the prosecution provides the defense lawyers about the case - copies of the police reports, lab tests, etc. This is standard in all criminal cases and is part of the trial procedure, or rather the procedures leading up to a possible trial. I agree with MikeS about never hearing of a case where they "accumulate" your computer info on on-line transactions and then "come for you". Not even real sure how they could make out a case with nothing more than that. Although as many of you know I am "in the legal field" myself and have been involved in this "stuff" for almost 20 years, I frankly don't know what a "discovery packet" in connection with a controlled delivery is. Maybe someone can clear this up. BTW, its a great book. Must reading for all of us. I'm quoted in there too - don't want to get to specific, don't really want to make myself a "target", but I think some of you know my background.

From what I read in the book, a device is placed in your package then it is delivered. When the package is opened it alerts the police/FBI etc and they enter the house knowing you have the goods in you posession.

Crowler said:

From what I read in the book, a device is placed in your package then it is delivered. When the package is opened it alerts the police/FBI etc and they enter the house knowing you have the goods in you posession.

Not in every case, but this method has been growing in popularity as technology is always improving. Just think, when this whole online / AS community began, we weren't concerned with programs such as Carnivore.

OK, I got it. You're talking about an AT-4 transmitter. The cute little gadget that sends a radio signal when you open a package. Neat, huh? I don't think they call them that, but actually "discovery device" might be a good name for them. Big brother is always thinking up new fun ways to make its citizens life more interesting isn't he? I don't think they're in real common use, but you never know.

A discover Packet has NOTHING to do with the actual arrest. A Discover Packet is a folder given to you and your lawyer by the prosecutor that has all the evidence in it the government will use against you. An EXAMPLE. My house was raided about 3 years ago. My discovery packet had copies of the search warrant( detailed to what they were looking for and what rooms they could search), It had the reason they got the warrant. Apparently they had a narc make a purchase. It had very detailed info all about the purchase. For 2-3 weeks before the actual serving of the warrant they were following me. THey had detailed info of were i went and who i was with. The day of the actual serving of the warrant they knew when i left my house to the exact minute, where i went and when i returned. It has a printed list of all charges in it. It told all about how they pulled mw over. searched my car. arrested etc.

It is basically a very detailed account of the entire investigation.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131