over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Legs Twice a week?

Gaintrain

Kilo Klub Member
Who here likes training legs twice a week? an if so how did u set up your workout split? i have traind legs twice a week b4 an loved it thinkn about goin back to it for a little change then changin back to once a week tryn to get some new ideas on how i will set it up.. peace chizzle

If you up your training frequency, lower your volume. That will allow you to recover before you train the same body part again. You will have to experiment a little to find what works best for you.

If you loved what you were doing before, why not just go back to doing something similar to that?

three times every two weeks.

twice a week for bodybuilding. once every 9 days for strenghth training. high reps for bodybuilding (15-25) and heavy triples for strength training.

I have been doing legs 3x a week- one day = squats+ glute ham raises, day 2= leg press + leg curl, day 3 = leg ext + leg curl/LLC

best results i have gotten thus far, However I was previously doing a bodypart once a week and that just does not work as well

I try to split it between front and back if I do 2x/wk. For example stiff deads then front squats. Or what I like the best, traditional leg work one day then functional ie; heavy farmers carry, sled push, etc. Most of the time I train legs once a week. I find my nervous system needs the time to recover just as much as my muscles do after a heavy leg day.

Twice a week, one training for quads, an other for hamstrings

i also train my legs twice a week :
quads + calves
2 days rest
hamstrings + calves

Legs can definitely be focused on and be hit twice per week with good progress, but I wouldn't want to train too many other muscles with it more than once per week. Maybe some touch up work added in on certain muscles. I like taking one split to train twice per week and everything else once and rotate what splits I hit twice each week. Training everything 2x/week I feel is a major hit on the CNS to train with optimal intensity and expect ideal recovery.

I would break the muscles up though Quads & Hams on their own respective day. I also like doing all the muscles of the legs, but alternating styles/focus of training. ( i.e. focusing on HIT, heavy weight, low reps, compound movements mainly for one workout. Higher volume, more isolation, and different variations/stances of compound movements the next workout.)

^ can you give a quick sketch how a week would go if you hit legs twice and everything else once? What would be the rest days, etc in your opinion?

2x week

Ex athlete here so I trained legs everyday for the most part in sport. When it comes to lifting I still lift 2 days a week and aim for Tue and then a Saturday to give time for recovery. When I lift legs I do all parts on both days meaning calves, quads, hammys.

I do 4 sets of 10-12 reps for hammys and quads and higher reps for calves.

I will do 2 different exercises for each leg part on that day.

Then on the 2nd day that week I do the same as above but only difference is I pick different exercise machines to hit my legs with.

If that makes sense...haha:cool:

Who here likes training legs twice a week? an if so how did u set up your workout split? i have traind legs twice a week b4 an loved it thinkn about goin back to it for a little change then changin back to once a week tryn to get some new ideas on how i will set it up.. peace chizzle

If I'm making legs a focus of priority I may otherwise I only do them 1x per wk. If I go too crazy on the leg workouts I tend to overtrain.

i made my best gains on 3 sets of squats twice a week

program is like this

3 sets squats
1 set stiff leg dl
1 set leg curl
calves

nothing has made my legs grow faster or my strength increase so quickly

twice a week for bodybuilding. once every 9 days for strenghth training. high reps for bodybuilding (15-25) and heavy triples for strength training.

This strategy is compelling. How long will you run the high rep program for, and then how long for the strength program?

i have enough trouble trying to schedule squats and deadlifts in the same week. i used to do legs and other body parts twice per week when i was a teenager. by my early to mid 20's i went to once per week

heres mine i came up with startd it this week

mon leg workout 1 - leg extensions, regular barbell squat, walking lunges, stiff leg deads, leg curls....

friday leg work out 2 - leg extentions, front barbell squats, depending on how much i want to load up fuckn sled - one legged or 2 legged presses toes facing out, leg curls, calvs

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131