over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Length of training session?

gordo14

Registered
I have been doing a full body routine 3 days a week. With cardio on my off days. My question is this. Is it true that your weight training session should not exceed one hour? I have heard many trainers say this. I don't like splitting bodyparts cuzz then i only get to work them 1 time per week, and i feel they are being neglected. I will post my workout below.
Example of my workout
Chest
bench presses
flys
dips
Back
Lat pulldown
rows
pulldowns
Shoulders
Presses
front and lateral raises
Traps
Upright row
shrugs
Biceps
alternating db curls
ex curl bar preachers
tricep
push downs
kickbacks
skull crushers
Lower body
pressess
ext
curls
calves
stiff leg deads
Is doing all this in a 1hour 45 minute workout bad, or overdoing it. Is it hindering fat loss due to buildup of cortisol? Any input is greatly appreciated.

this guy is a retard, somebody just delete all his posts since he decided to post it 4 times

the site has technical issues, seems like he didnt understand it :rolleyes:

Hey TP

I am not an idiot. There is something going on with the network that is leading people to believe that there thread was not submitted. If you look it is not only me who is having this problem obviously. Sorry you jumped to conclusions. Out of all the great info on this board i find some of yours quite interesting. What i don't find interesting is the cocky attitude. So don't be so quick to flame someone asking for your very respected input. It happens to the best of us though. I did get the responses in some of the other threads though fellas. And thank you for the input. My question is could someone give me a good split. mon chest and back tris, tues shoulders trap and bicep wed lower body????? And then repeat or what??? I thought you needed a full day of rest for the cns to heal. Any more info is definetly appreciated and respected. Thanks in advance for not flaming me. Oh and thank you mods for deleting all the other threads. You fellas run a great board.

quote from steel

Holy crap thats alot!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i wouldn't think fatloss would be hindered too much. but, i do think your MUSCULAR GAINS are being affected. it is VERY possible you are short changing the body parts you work towards the end of the routine.
no way you can be as intense on the body parts worked last in the workout as you were in the first part of the work out. so those muscle groups are not going to grow like they would if you worked them while you were more fresh.
PLUS, i think some of your muscle groups could be too beat down to get a good work out with them. (ie. by the time you get to your triceps, you have already done shoulders which the tris are involved in, AND chest which they are also involved in so after all that they are prolly pretty fatigued)
i think doing a "push pull" split would get you on the path of breaking up your workout so you can get more intensity per muscle group and then you could work the muscles prolly 2X a week.
you said you feel like working them once a week didn't feel like it would be enough. but, look at it this way: if you could work those muscles w more intensity then even if you had less frequency working them, i bet they would respond better, heal faster and you would be pleased.
i read an interesting stat the other day. it said,"a persons strength can increase 6-8 fold but recovery can only increase 2 fold." SOOOoooo, your gains will suffer greatly if you don't eventually switch to some kind of a split training routine. your muscles (and prolly your CNS) simply cannot perform at maximum cuz i don't think you are giving them enough time to heal and rest. all my 2 cents is all. -STEELE
oh, and i would NEVER spend that much time in the gym. i would rather be more intense and less duration so i can go home eat and GROW!!!!

Thnaks for the input brutha!

Quote from joeshow5

Its individual I think. If you are doing a whole body workout and trying to tax each muscle for growth its gonna take a long time. I workout one or sometimes two bodyparts in a session and I'm usually done in about an hour. Remember one things though, we grow when we are not working out. Our muscles have to recover. If you are hitting the same muscle groups 3-4 times a week then your are probably not giving them enough time to rest and not hitting them efficiently.
You can create a split to hit each muscle twice in a week.

Also remember that there is nothing physiologically sacred about a week.

Thanks for the input.

I did my best to fix mess.

I put everyones post under this one thread so it is easier for everyone to follow. Again sorry for any confusion.

My split

I do the following split
Day 1:
Shoulders & Quads
Day 2:
Back, Biceps & Hammies
Day 3:
Chest, Triceps & Calves
Day 4: OFF
Repeat
As far as my workout goes, I do a modified Max Hypertrophy - 4 sets compound exercise for 8-10 reps & 2 sets isolation exercise 15 reps for each muscle group. My workouts take 40-45 minutes.
You don't grow in the gym, you grow at the dinner table & while you sleep...

My split

Yup, problem with PM database...

great suggestion!

Thanks quadsmack. I will have to try this out and see how i do. I feel strange not working all my lower body at one time, but i will try anything if it shortens the amount of time for onr session, that frees up more time for cardio and sleep. :D

I am not an idiot. There is something going on with the network that is leading people to believe that there thread was not submitted. If you look it is not only me who is having this problem obviously. Sorry you jumped to conclusions. Out of all the great info on this board i find some of yours quite interesting. What i don't find interesting is the cocky attitude. So don't be so quick to flame someone asking for your very respected input. It happens to the best of us though. I did get the responses in some of the other threads though fellas. And thank you for the input. My question is could someone give me a good split. mon chest and back tris, tues shoulders trap and bicep wed lower body????? And then repeat or what??? I thought you needed a full day of rest for the cns to heal. Any more info is definetly appreciated and respected. Thanks in advance for not flaming me. Oh and thank you mods for deleting all the other threads. You fellas run a great board.

My bad. Didnt know. I only jumped on the board for a quick min today and only saw your post x 10 lol.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • MikeS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Lbmike99
NapsGear