over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

leo longevity dead

Yea Carter aka liftrunBANG is the end all be all source to excercise knowledge his way is right all else is wrong. I always thought his physique isn't very good for someone who knows so much about hypertrophy. And he has alot of female following and clients he tries to impress hence his name BANG lol

Just chiming in because Paul Carter grinds my gears

Never understood how a guy who sucked at competitive powerlifting and bodybuilding, has horribly lagging body parts and never trained anyone of worth has such a big following. Blows my mind how people fall for the ‘educator’ shtick now a days.

The guy should never have gotten any spotlight but he successfully nuthugged Jim Wendler, John Meadows and Adam Mcvey and leeched some popularity that way.

The man has issues.

I used to read his posts on IG bit didn't follow because he was so abrasive.

One day I was read Mike Israetel's post ( also irritating, but not as much) where he was talking about Carter and how he was going back and forth with him and Paul had gone as far as blocking people that follow him.

I checked and sure enough I was blocked. For a big bold guy, he's sure a crybaby.

What do all of you guys think about Van Wyck? Most of the time I don't know what the hell he is trying to say lol. But a few of the biomechanics things I did understand I didn't agree and I think he didn't understand either, why people tried things a different way. Like getting away from the chest pad on hammer rows. It was due to thinking the machine loading arc was improperly designed, not whatever Wyck tried to say. When that jackass Carter and Kassem talked about it I agreed - many of the back pieces are too easy on the first part of the movement and too heavy at the fully contracted range. By taking a step away from the pad and supporting youself with your hand it feels better loaded through the entire range. At the same time they are constructed well enough to give gains sitting on them as designed (see Dorian).

Charles Glass is another one where it looks like baloney mostly. I'm with Dorian, it's all about the intensity. Dorian had a funny discussion with Milos on Dennis' show recently and I haven't even watched it all.

"I won't tell you my way is the best or the only way, but here is why my way is the best and you are doing everything wrong"

- every Van Wyck video.

I saw the pictures form the crime scene. I’m not expert but it definitely didn’t look like some “accident”. Looks like some foul play imo. It looked brutal.
Yea but it also looked like possibly i high ass junkie trashed the room and hit his head, but it is fucking Thailand you have a blast there but never feel safe if you’re sober. Yea drunk you act stupid I don’t know about high I was never on anything in Thailand don’t know what city they were in I guess Bangkok which is bad Phuket is ruthless

He made a complete 180 on a couple of things recently. For a couple years he went on about how pulldowns and chins were NOT lat exercises. Lol. He just immediately shut down anyone trying to argue otherwise. Shrugs the same, did not work the traps hardly at all lol. The resistance should be coming from the side, as if standing in cable crossover holding the handles which are at floor height, pulling in. Then he suddenly switched completely and said wide grip lat pulldowns are probably as good a lat exercise as any and don't try to call him out saying otherwise and he laughed at people saying pulldowns were not a lat exercise and you people are pathetic worrying about execution minutia, he just strapped in and worked hard. Unbelievable. Then add the smug attitude combined with praising his own ass, how it's so magnificent. I mean many times he's dropped comments about how great his ass is and it's like he's giving his followers a gift by posting a video from the rear. Who does that LOL?

Kassem's goal seems to be to prove that you can hit different parts of a single muscle ever so slightly by changing techinque. None of this shit has any real world application. You simply can't make visible change to a muscle doing these things. Any change will be absolutely minute. So it all seems close to worthless to me. But I do glance at their posts anyway. It's almost as if I knew almost as much relevant information at under 10 years old than I do now at 45.
I didn't know all this lol. I do think it's absurd to suggest those exercises don't work lats and I actually remember the shrugs videos I never agreed. Seems like he likes to say crazy things to go against the grain...but I guess it's good if he is able to change his view. I take certain things from him but his traps videos I dismissed I tried what he said one time I felt zero trap tension so went back to traditional trap exercises. Actually do them the way van wyck suggests...aka don't pinch them which is what I always did and I think many of us have been taught to do.

I follow kasaam but didn't pay him much attention for the reasons you listed. Majoring in the minors... obsessing over those little nuances the pinky twist.... pretty much the opposite of what DC says...move shit heavy weight, get stronger, hit the target muscles. He knows his science but I can't really relate to him I'm assuming he is natural and has built some muscle...but diet is half the equation...it's hard for me someone who values leanness to relate to a guy with a pretty high bf. I'll give him credit I've never seen him give diet advice. You'd think he would have a larger audience if he'd slim down a bit lol.

The man has issues.

I used to read his posts on IG bit didn't follow because he was so abrasive.

One day I was read Mike Israetel's post ( also irritating, but not as much) where he was talking about Carter and how he was going back and forth with him and Paul had gone as far as blocking people that follow him.

I checked and sure enough I was blocked. For a big bold guy, he's sure a crybaby.
There seem to be alot of those on social media. I'm blocked by one of the main show promoters around here...and mostly because he didn't understand my comments, not because I was actually being an asshat. Mysteriously I also seem to keep placing last at his shows too. hmmm.

He made a complete 180 on a couple of things recently. For a couple years he went on about how pulldowns and chins were NOT lat exercises. Lol. He just immediately shut down anyone trying to argue otherwise. Shrugs the same, did not work the traps hardly at all lol. The resistance should be coming from the side, as if standing in cable crossover holding the handles which are at floor height, pulling in. Then he suddenly switched completely and said wide grip lat pulldowns are probably as good a lat exercise as any and don't try to call him out saying otherwise and he laughed at people saying pulldowns were not a lat exercise and you people are pathetic worrying about execution minutia, he just strapped in and worked hard. Unbelievable. Then add the smug attitude combined with praising his own ass, how it's so magnificent. I mean many times he's dropped comments about how great his ass is and it's like he's giving his followers a gift by posting a video from the rear. Who does that LOL?

Just chiming in because Paul Carter grinds my gears

Never understood how a guy who sucked at competitive powerlifting and bodybuilding, has horribly lagging body parts and never trained anyone of worth has such a big following. Blows my mind how people fall for the ‘educator’ shtick now a days.

The guy should never have gotten any spotlight but he successfully nuthugged Jim Wendler, John Meadows and Adam Mcvey and leeched some popularity that way.

All under the guise of being a "man of God" and perfect Christian when all of his actions go against that. I’m not religious, don’t care if someone is. It’s the hypocrisy that gets me.

A few years ago, he did a post on IG about calf training. He put a picture of himself showing his calves next to a paparazzi picture of Chris Hemsworth walking with his daughter wearing shorts. He proceeded to bash his lack of calf development and even tagged Hemsworth in the post. As if Chris Hemsworth even cares that Paul Carter was even conceived. I have no idea what he was trying to accomplish with that other than hoping for some acknowledgement. Hemsworth is rich and successful with a smokeshow wife with whom he has a family with. Paul has a pube beard and a string of failed relationships.

All under the guise of being a "man of God" and perfect Christian when all of his actions go against that. I’m not religious, don’t care if someone is. It’s the hypocrisy that gets me.

A few years ago, he did a post on IG about calf training. He put a picture of himself showing his calves next to a paparazzi picture of Chris Hemsworth walking with his daughter wearing shorts. He proceeded to bash his lack of calf development and even tagged Hemsworth in the post. As if Chris Hemsworth even cares that Paul Carter was even conceived. I have no idea what he was trying to accomplish with that other than hoping for some acknowledgement. Hemsworth is rich and successful with a smokeshow wife with whom he has a family with. Paul has a pube beard and a string of failed relationships.
I had to laugh at the last part. Him thinking that anyone, let alone a celebrity, cares what another man thinks about his calves. We have one calf machine at my gym that collects dust. "Pube beard" lol

I didn't know all this lol. I do think it's absurd to suggest those exercises don't work lats and I actually remember the shrugs videos I never agreed. Seems like he likes to say crazy things to go against the grain...but I guess it's good if he is able to change his view. I take certain things from him but his traps videos I dismissed I tried what he said one time I felt zero trap tension so went back to traditional trap exercises. Actually do them the way van wyck suggests...aka don't pinch them which is what I always did and I think many of us have been taught to do.

I follow kasaam but didn't pay him much attention for the reasons you listed. Majoring in the minors... obsessing over those little nuances the pinky twist.... pretty much the opposite of what DC says...move shit heavy weight, get stronger, hit the target muscles. He knows his science but I can't really relate to him I'm assuming he is natural and has built some muscle...but diet is half the equation...it's hard for me someone who values leanness to relate to a guy with a pretty high bf. I'll give him credit I've never seen him give diet advice. You'd think he would have a larger audience if he'd slim down a bit lol.
I mean Carter has some good info too. The obnoxiusness actually makes me follow him lol. I know I'm going to be irritated but I have to watch. But why the attitude? Guys are perfectly cordial to him and he's an asshole in return. I said I thought deadlifts would build the traps, you didn't even have to think about it, the would grow doing deadlifts especially on androgens. His reply was "that's because you have long arms and have a big deadlift, do want to get banned?" Lol.

Kassem is obviously a very intelligent guy. By following him I've seen a few trends that affected people's training even out here in Sweden. People doing this one arm cable pulldown with an incline bench in front for stability - it came directly from him and half the gym here is doing these. So by following him I see where it all originated, no one in my gym knows who Kassem is probably, some probably know of Carter. Interesting how some things go viral and have very wide ranging effects very quickly. But at the end, even if the pulldown is a good exercise and his explanation for why that is is, imo, correct, it's unlikely to have an effect on the amount of lat mass built around the world. Always keep in mind the big picture. It may be fun to nerd out sometimes though lol.

I have mental health issues that are managed with medications. Been hospitalized a few times in my life. I think in the right state you can't even begin to explain the behavior of some people. I could see someone having a psychotic break and doing this to themselves.

I have mental health issues that are managed with medications. Been hospitalized a few times in my life. I think in the right state you can't even begin to explain the behavior of some people. I could see someone having a psychotic break and doing this to themselves.
Agree completely. I’m just feeling a little shit on personally by all the finger pointing to mental illness. Feels like someone calling you a meathead because you’re into size and fitness. We aren’t all defined by this shit.

I understand what you are saying but I don't think just because you have mental illness you are going to wind up dead in some exotic fashion by your own hand. Maybe some ignorant or uneducated people on the topic might think that way but that's just guessing.
Agree completely. I’m just feeling a little shit on personally by all the finger pointing to mental illness. Feels like someone calling you a meathead because you’re into size and fitness. We aren’t all defined by this shit.

john romona and dave are like 2 teenage bitches in this
know-it-all girls
no one went through that little window
and everyone is over thinking and making conspiracies out of nothing

theres a bunch of tablets and prescriptions on the desk of a well known Guinea pig who was dabbling in exotic drugs ; shit we have no idea what it is, and his experimenting with high dosages....
and people are saying someone jumped through the little window in the bathroom, murdered him, and escaped like a ninja ??? FOR REAL??? lol

and everyone going on about how corrupt and scary thailand is ??? hahahah thats the funniest shit ever

i have a house in thailand and yes theirs corruption, but i think peoples imaginations have ran wild, leos a very little fish in the grand scheme of things
of course theres, mafia and 1ers (and no that victor black isnt in a bike club like he loves to tell everyone, hes a joke in thailand too) but theyre not going to go after leo and if they did it wouldnt go down like that

and plus its leo, he was paranoid , he would of told a shit ton of people if suss shit was happening and left warnings

I’m diagnosed type 2 bipolar and take medication for schizophrenia. So what? Last time I took a piss my toilet was still firmly attached to the floor.

Yeah they often prescribe schizophrenia drugs for plain depressives too. I think I've been prescribed a few. Just curious if he has those diagnoses, if he is likely to lose track of reality if he gets off his medication routine. I think he has intimated previously that he's been prescribed stimulants, amphetamines etc. I don't know know if stimulants are often prescribed to people with those diagnoses. I mean how likely would it be that a schizophrenic would be prescribed amphetamine instead of just say antipsychotics.

and 1ers (and no that victor black isnt in a bike club like he loves to tell everyone, hes a joke in thailand too)
I saw him mention that too on IG. Has he said which club it's supposed to be? But regardless, that's like saying "I'm a criminal" is it not? I have no idea how open or criminal biker clubs are in Thailand.

john romona and dave are like 2 teenage bitches in this
know-it-all girls
no one went through that little window
and everyone is over thinking and making conspiracies out of nothing

theres a bunch of tablets and prescriptions on the desk of a well known Guinea pig who was dabbling in exotic drugs ; shit we have no idea what it is, and his experimenting with high dosages....
and people are saying someone jumped through the little window in the bathroom, murdered him, and escaped like a ninja ??? FOR REAL??? lol

and everyone going on about how corrupt and scary thailand is ??? hahahah thats the funniest shit ever

i have a house in thailand and yes theirs corruption, but i think peoples imaginations have ran wild, leos a very little fish in the grand scheme of things
of course theres, mafia and 1ers (and no that victor black isnt in a bike club like he loves to tell everyone, hes a joke in thailand too) but theyre not going to go after leo and if they did it wouldnt go down like that

and plus its leo, he was paranoid , he would of told a shit ton of people if suss shit was happening and left warnings
I know this is off topic. But John romono is one ugly mf. Lol looks like a character off the Simpsons

I mean Carter has some good info too. The obnoxiusness actually makes me follow him lol. I know I'm going to be irritated but I have to watch. But why the attitude? Guys are perfectly cordial to him and he's an asshole in return. I said I thought deadlifts would build the traps, you didn't even have to think about it, the would grow doing deadlifts especially on androgens. His reply was "that's because you have long arms and have a big deadlift, do want to get banned?" Lol.

Kassem is obviously a very intelligent guy. By following him I've seen a few trends that affected people's training even out here in Sweden. People doing this one arm cable pulldown with an incline bench in front for stability - it came directly from him and half the gym here is doing these. So by following him I see where it all originated, no one in my gym knows who Kassem is probably, some probably know of Carter. Interesting how some things go viral and have very wide ranging effects very quickly. But at the end, even if the pulldown is a good exercise and his explanation for why that is is, imo, correct, it's unlikely to have an effect on the amount of lat mass built around the world. Always keep in mind the big picture. It may be fun to nerd out sometimes though lol.
OMG! Everyone and their uncle is doing this move now. Between Kassem, but more importantly, Nick Walker, now this has apparently become the greatest movement ever for Lats. I swear, if he or Bumstead had someone kick them in the nuts before a set and told everyone it makes the sets more effective a lot of the viewers would do it. I've seen Labrada's kid do it too. I don't even know why I find this kind of thing so annoying (LOL). I guess I'm a hypocrite too in a way. I bought into the dogma of Squats and Bent Over Rows because the two Os I grew up with both did big weights with Bent Rows and that was enough to convince me I should do them too. Every magazine always praised the magic of Back Squats ("Platz and Arnold did them, so should you"). Older, frailer, and more frequently injured me learned otherwise but that's a separate topic.

Staff online

• MikeS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear