YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Leroy Colbert gives surprising BBing advice.

see i think of periodization as a way to keep yourself from those stagnations, as well as a way to have a plan set out for what not only what youre doing now but also what you will be doing however long down the road (using macro/mesocycles etc).. im not saying that its not beneficial to switch things up but the idea that by not performing an exercise for three days your body will forget the required motor pattern is blatantly inaccurate

All I know is what I have learned from my experience in training with weights and cycling. If I use higher frequency and lower volume each day I will reap better results, end of story. With the cycling for instance, I would be much better off doing 25 miles per day for 4 days then I would be doing 100 miles in one day.

I think one of the biggest factors is that when you use low volume you are able to hit your exercies with much higher intensity(IE faster average speed in cycling and higher average weight in weightlifting). When you keep your workouts long you eventually have to lighten the load so that you can continue your exercise. If you keep the workout short you dont have to worry about that and can hit it hard 100% of the time. About 3 days later you come back and can hit it at 100% again for the entire time, wheras if you had done a long workout its going to take you 5 days or more to recover.

The difference comes in when you have to perform that movement with a lot of force. Sure you dont forget how to pedal a bike, but you do lose some of the efficiency that you used to have and end up using burning more energy to accomplish the same thing.

When I was in high school I used to cycle about 100-200 miles a week. I found that when I would cycle every single day that I became better and better at it. The riding motion became easier and easier and even began to feel different to me. I learned how to get my calves into it more etc. If I took a break I had to relearn the fine points of it all again.

Wow, that was a very succinct post. Couldn't have said it better. That makes a lot of sense.

Wow, that was a very succinct post. Couldn't have said it better. That makes a lot of sense.

Thanks.

One thing I do think that the longer workouts were good for was for developing muscular endurance, but for growth in size I found that the shorter workouts were better for me.

Thanks.

One thing I do think that the longer workouts were good for was for developing muscular endurance, but for growth in size I found that the shorter workouts were better for me.

Agreed.. That is why sprinters have shorter more intense daily workouts as opposed to distance runners who train with much longer duration on a frequent basis.. Sprinters are muscular and distance runners are lanky.. But I do believe an occasional long distance run could benefit a sprinter..

haha ok, i guess that you should be worried about forgetting the finer points of your exercises over this weekend :rolleyes:

Why you smacktalkin' back to me when Maldorf posted it? :confused: :)

I'm agreeing with him because I feel the same way. Three days, no. Three or four weeks, yes.

I suppose I have a damaged nervous system, who knows. Maybe I need to kick up the Humanofort and acetylcarnitine intake.

Let's not forget that everyones system is just a little bit different.

seems like a great way to train and the guy seems to know what he is talking abooutlooking foward to trying the different slit

Dont know how I missed this thread, some very interesting points are raised.

I dont remember who said it but it made sense. The better you get at something, odds are its from doing it more often.

Elite golfers, boxers, track athletes, maybe bodybuilders?

My father was a national level long distance runner and he ran his ass off many days of the week. Of course over about 20+ years into his 40-50s now he has foot and knee problems from it.

He had pretty damn big quads and calves too, considering he never used weights.... ever. So perhaps there is something to it after all.

i honestly think guys like leroy colbert with the genetic predisposition to grow large muscular bodies would look the same no matter what routine or split they followed.

I think your probably right IMO.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc