YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Less Estrogen = More Fat Loss? (in real life)

I've stayed on letro for extended periods of time. Honestly when I'm not on cycle it sucks. Think about post menopausal women who have low estro...osteoporosis is pretty common. I have to use NPP or EQ or something that enhances collagen synthesis because letro is hell on the bones and joints. I'd recommend Aromasin to anyone who didn't have major estro control issues because little to 0 estrogen in the body is not a good thing. My HDL and LDL levels have been outta whack too on letro. The only reason I use it personally, is it's the only AI that will control my gyno flares..so until I get my gland removed..it's what I gotta do.

As far as fat loss, if you are a person who suffers naturally high estro levels and lower test levels, of course this will aid somewhat in fat loss. Not a whole lot, and to the average male adult, I really don't see how it could be of much use beyond acting as a diuretic and ridding your body of water bloat. I'd stick to dieting and thermogenics for fat loss and leave products like letro alone unless you really need them..

Last edited:
ive been using 10mg aromasin m/w/f for a while now, im on androgel..............wondering if its a bad thing now...............maybe i should only use it on cycle seeing andro is only about 35mg per week

OK, during a cutting cycle that has let's say GH, T3 and a relatively low dose of AAS of your choice (just enough to keep the T3 from eating too much muscle), does controlling estrogen/estradiol with something like Anastrozole lead to more fat loss?

There are studies that show various results when it comes to fat loss and estrogen levels, but what actually does happen in real life?

I am not talking about water weight loss or visible hardening; of course you will look less bloated with less estrogen. But what about real fat tissue... In your experience, do you lose more fat when you lower -or at least control- estrogen levels?

Thanks Guys

Physiologically speaking...yes. Having elevated estrogen levels will lead to stubborn fat deposits (Alpha II receptors) = inefficient. Having too little estrogen will hinder sex drive, strength, joint health, lipids, etc. You want to maintain a healthy ratio however for fat loss I like to push the lower limit of this ratio with respect to estrogen levels.

-Alex

HERE IS WHAT I AM CURIOUS AS TO.. we know that estro can have a certain negative impact on the prostate.. but is it a certain range of estro or is it more of a test to estro ratio..? so lets say my estro is high..but my test is still much high and the ratio is still good.. does this have a neagtive impact.. or is it just a high estro count in general..? understand what i am saying? lol:confused::p

I'd also like 2 know the answer 2 that question.

I'm thinking that attaining the prime condition is about controlling the estrogen quantity, not ratio 2 test. My crude reasoning is that test is known to protect the prostate & also enhances sex drive, so as long as we've got enough estrogen to ward off osteoporosis & heart disease while helping test enhance libido, then the excess test should comparatively displace/block estro from causing BPH or prostrate cancer.

Maybe someone here should invite Dr. Swale to this thread...

Also, maybe the "estrogen is bad" club would benefit from getting a bone density scan. If osteoporosis was evident, then easing off the magnum AIs would help fill the holes...

Through my experience I have always tried to get by with as little anti-estrogens as possible. If I can take 10mg of Tamoxifen EOD without getting gyno, bloated, etc then Im golden.

I thought it was pretty much common knowledge that dropping your estrogen levels too much was unhealthy and possibly even dangerous. Many of these drugs (particuraly Anastrozole comes to mind) drop your HDL to dangerously low levels. This may lead to future heart complications. Not to mention they can cause libido issues, loss of strength, joint problems, immune deficiencies etc. Moral of the story? Less is More...IMO

Sorry to hijack the thread. It's actually a very good question you asked and I'm interested in some of the responses...

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear