over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

LESS FOOD OR MORE CARDIO?

I think a big factor in all of this is who the person is. Do I think a young natural lifter (the OP) has to train and do as much cardio as a genetic freak on tonnes of hormones getting ready for the biggest show in the world... no. Guys have a life, school, work etc. By means do a lot of cardio as it's good for your health but I don't see the need in most people doing 90 mins every day on top of weight training. Now guys competing who need more cardio to get in condition then go for it.

I am dieting now and doing cardio about 4-5 times per week and that ranges from 15-45 mins cardio. If 15 mins then it's very intense and for 45 mins just as intense but slower pace obviously due to the duration. I think that is a nice amount for most people but sure do cardio 6 days daily for 45 mins if you enjoy it. Obviously your activity levels out of the gym/cardio are a massive factor as well. If you sit at a desk all day and do nothing you can do more cardio. Some people walk around 4 hours per day so that changes things.

Ive been slowly trimming down, even being in heart failure. It isn't easy since I cant get my heart rate too high and I am on beta blockers.

I have lost about 25 pounds since December and feeling much better. Lifting in the gym 5 days a week, trying to work up to 6. I do 30 minutes cardio each of my 5 workout days and have cut down on any junk I ate and decreased the volume of my food some, so cut calories. My strength continues to go up too. If I can do it, anyone can.

It depends on the person

From 2017 to 2019, 2 years, I ate about 1500 calories a day and 75g of protein per day. I did this because I was having digestive issues and had to cut back, my body just didn't want that much food any more. That whole time I was on TRT only at 100mg-150mg per week.

What happened? All my lifts went up, all measurements stayed exactly the same except my waist used to be around 33-34 and is now around 28-30.... but chest is still 46, neck is still 19 etc.

I experimented with Tren and winny this year after not having done gear for like 10 years so I can't speak for 2019 as those variables were involved. BUT I'm still only eating around 1500 calories, I bumped the protein up to around 125mg daily and I've added in around 3-5 hours of cardio per week and switched all my resistance training from heavy 6-8 range to super high-rep, every single set is a drop set, tons of isometric holds etc...... the main goal was just to get my endurance up which has been a weak point for a long time, but I've been off gear for like 3 months and I'm still the same, just stay mid-range single-digit body fat all year now.

Maybe I'm an anomaly or have weird genes because most people would say what I'm doing is crazy, but it works for me. If I bump my calories to 2500 and protein up to 200g a day (I'm about 184-188), all that happens is my waist gets bigger. That's just me though.

what!? imo ur starving urself. thats CRAZY low calories. my most lean i ate 11 chicken breast in one day. i imagine that alone is more than 1500 calories. i also had fruits, and protein shake... was still leanest guy at the show.
waaay too low cals imo
-F

what!? imo ur starving urself. thats CRAZY low calories. my most lean i ate 11 chicken breast in one day. i imagine that alone is more than 1500 calories. i also had fruits, and protein shake... was still leanest guy at the show.
waaay too low cals imo
-F

He's so used to feeling like shit, he doesnt know what its like to feel normal. He's too scared to try something different.

He's so used to feeling like shit, he doesnt know what its like to feel normal. He's too scared to try something different.

Right buddy, from 15 to 30 I ate the typical 4-5000 calories per day, I've been there and done that for about half my life. Around 31 or so, I noticed I just felt full and bloated all the time, I just wasn't as hungry any more. I slowly lowered things and started just eating by feel, which led to on average about 1500 calories and 75 of protein. Of course from all the chicken littles running around, I figured I was going to waste away to nothing....

It's been 3 years eating like this, literally ALL my lifts have gone up, my cardio is at it's best it's probably ever been, and I'm probably one of the smaller guys here but at 5'9 I maintain 180lbs, 19 inch neck, 45 inch chest, 17.5 inch arms and my waist is always under 30 inches year round. Again, I'm not huge by any means but considering I eat basically nothing, it's not too bad and it's a look I enjoy. Best of all, my constantly elevated creatinine/BUN levels and overall bloodwork looks WAY better than it did five years ago.

So let's see, I've done things your way for years, but you haven't done things mine..... so, wouldn't it be YOU that's scared to try something different?

We got a winner here. Ding ! Ding!

MORE FOOD, MORE CARDIO

=

KEEP MASS ON

Built like a shitbrick house.

Look at NFL Players

I repeat, DO NOT DECREASE CALORIES. KEEP FOOD INTAKE HIGH AND CARDIO HIGH.

lol

1. NFL players have cream of the crop genetics. Most these guys can eat pop tarts and be bigger than most lifters.

2. NFL players are not a good example of conditioning; the lean ones are super freaks; but they aren’t contest ready lean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

waaay too low cals imo
-F

See, this type of reply I can respect. And believe me, I do think I have strange genetics in that I seem to utilize nutrients very efficiently. But it's been three years, I think something would have gone wrong by now. But more energy, stronger, better cardio, better bloodwork, single-digit body fat all year, zero size decrease in any muscle group (my arms actually have grown by half an inch, they were stuck at 17 for years). I'm all about micronutrients, my meals aren't tiny they are just vastly consisting of vegetables, I add a little protein (15-30 grams, I don't care, I don't count any more) and a splash of some healthy fats and I feel great.

Again, it may not be popular, but it works for me. The moment it doesn't work I'll bump things up, but the only reason right now would basically be to please people on an internet forum which would be silly.

It depends on the person

From 2017 to 2019, 2 years, I ate about 1500 calories a day and 75g of protein per day. I did this because I was having digestive issues and had to cut back, my body just didn't want that much food any more. That whole time I was on TRT only at 100mg-150mg per week.

What happened? All my lifts went up, all measurements stayed exactly the same except my waist used to be around 33-34 and is now around 28-30.... but chest is still 46, neck is still 19 etc.

I experimented with Tren and winny this year after not having done gear for like 10 years so I can't speak for 2019 as those variables were involved. BUT I'm still only eating around 1500 calories, I bumped the protein up to around 125mg daily and I've added in around 3-5 hours of cardio per week and switched all my resistance training from heavy 6-8 range to super high-rep, every single set is a drop set, tons of isometric holds etc...... the main goal was just to get my endurance up which has been a weak point for a long time, but I've been off gear for like 3 months and I'm still the same, just stay mid-range single-digit body fat all year now.

Maybe I'm an anomaly or have weird genes because most people would say what I'm doing is crazy, but it works for me. If I bump my calories to 2500 and protein up to 200g a day (I'm about 184-188), all that happens is my waist gets bigger. That's just me though.

Nothing wrong with what your doing, if I may give a few suggestions.

1. Keep the weight training short, heavy, and intense if your going to eat such low calories.

2. Increase protein consumption when you go on gear, especially running something like tren

3. Every so often eat at maintenance calories for at least 2 to 3 months, then return to your low calorie diet you like.

Last edited:
watch the carb intake, keep your workout hard and fast keeping heart rate up. Many people think that cardio is key... if your diet and training it on point no reason to even have to add in a ton of cardio.

Right buddy, from 15 to 30 I ate the typical 4-5000 calories per day, I've been there and done that for about half my life. Around 31 or so, I noticed I just felt full and bloated all the time, I just wasn't as hungry any more. I slowly lowered things and started just eating by feel, which led to on average about 1500 calories and 75 of protein. Of course from all the chicken littles running around, I figured I was going to waste away to nothing....

It's been 3 years eating like this, literally ALL my lifts have gone up, my cardio is at it's best it's probably ever been, and I'm probably one of the smaller guys here but at 5'9 I maintain 180lbs, 19 inch neck, 45 inch chest, 17.5 inch arms and my waist is always under 30 inches year round. Again, I'm not huge by any means but considering I eat basically nothing, it's not too bad and it's a look I enjoy. Best of all, my constantly elevated creatinine/BUN levels and overall bloodwork looks WAY better than it did five years ago.

So let's see, I've done things your way for years, but you haven't done things mine..... so, wouldn't it be YOU that's scared to try something different?

Its always the tiny guys that list their measurements and their 1300lb leg press. Feel free to post a picture and shut me up.

Thats where you're wrong. I did things your way eating 1500 calories a day. When i was in the 4th grade. :p

I didnt mean to come across and ruffle your feathers, but 1500kcals is ignorant. Idc how you try to 'justify' it.

Last edited:
Its always the tiny guys that list their measurements and their 1300lb leg press. Feel free to post a picture and shut me up.

Thats where you're wrong. I did things your way eating 1500 calories a day. When i was in the 4th grade. :p

I didnt mean to come across and ruffle your feathers, but 1500kcals is ignorant. Idc how you try to 'justify' it.

Tren-plz it’s possible on 1500 calories trust me every person is different and react a certain way to food,training,supps etc ... if you like to see my pic on about the same calories ☝️ Let me know ...

Alright man, let's cut all the silly nonsense, on both our parts. I'm not about BS games. I'm assuming we are both adults in our mid-thirties or forties? Let's both act like it, and I'm being fair and including myself

The 4th grade jokes, the sticking your tongue out emoji.... let's discuss this rationally so that maybe we can provide something of value rather than take up forum space, sound good?

A. 1,500 Calories is ignorant. Totally broad statement. For starters, bodybuilding in general, to the average population is ignorant, weird and gross. Let's be real. Now, ignorant for what? If you're an NPC competitor or just like looking as big as possible, which is totally cool and motivational in my book, then yeah it's ignorant. If we are talking longevity, caloric restriction is probably the most highly recommended thing you can do.

B. I'm not out to impress people. The whole "look how much I can eat or look at the size of my HEMI", mostly North American attitude is, IMO, why the country is so sick, fat and in debt. Just my opinion, but I don't live that lifestyle and it doesn't appeal to me. If eating 5,000 calories makes you feel more manly, go for it, it doesn't work that way for me.

C. The 1300lb leg press is something YOU made up, so it's your job to back that one up, not me. I'm closer to 40 than I am to 30, you won't catch me near a 1,000lb leg press, ever. As far as my measurements, didn't I openly say I'm probably one of the smaller guys here? BUT, I enjoy that look far more. Back in the day, when I was in college and just packing the Deca and Dbol and eating three burgers in one meal, I had the 20 inch arms and all that, I didn't like it. Not knocking it, but you have to understand that just because YOU are passionate about something, there is someone who is just as equality passionate about the OPPOSITE. To me, the look of a Jeff Cavaliere or Kane Sumabat is far more impressive and appealing.

So, by the way you talk about "i used to eat that much in 4th grade" and the cute emoji's and calling people tiny..... honestly, you're just making yourself look absolutely ignorant. If you're a younger guy I totally get it, but if you're my age or older..... I would invite you to re-evaluate how you speak, because you and I can both set a better example for a younger generation.

There's videos of Kai Greene working out with Jeff Seid and Larry Wheels working out with a fitness model.... do you see them insulting each other and calling each other names? No, even at my "tiny size", I get compliments at least a few times a week in public, and I always tell people "thank you, but if you're a powerlifter, or an awesome guitar player or poet, or a single mother working two jobs to raise her child, then you are on my level"..... life isn't about who has the biggest biceps or can stuff the most food in their mouth, life is about excelling about whatever YOU are passionate about. You seem to have the attitude of "I'm a bodybuilder, I'm better than everyone". No, sir. I've met single mothers working 16 hour shifts because of a deadbeat father, those women were mentally stronger than me regardless of my physique. The quicker you get this through your head, the better you'll be, trust me on that one. But hey, you do what works for ya.

Last edited:
Less food because cardio takes up valuable time that could be used doing something else. Also, cardio drains the CNS which leaves you with less energy to train with weights in order to build or maintain muscle.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws