over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Lessons I learned trying to get huge as a hardgainer

Heavy hitter I’m sure you mean well bro. It’s just the fact you’ve mentioned numerous times that you have a insane metabolism and that you can’t get fat and stay lean no matter what.

Also a lot of your advise might work for you with your Ibs and stomach issues but for the majority of people it probably won’t.

either way you do share a lot of good info

well, masses, for sure, not muscles, and this is a forum mainly on bodybuilding, so such advice should be here, and not to become the fattest guy in the gym lol
Ok bro lol. I feel like it definitely takes some muscle to deadlift over 700 lbs

Ya man….it really sucks. But what I find is if I force my self to eat every 3-4 hours I feel full all day long….but my symptoms subside. Letting myself go too long without food makes me start to get very bloated and full, and then when I do eat I have diarrhea within about 20 minutes. Eating the way I do has actually saved my life. If I wasn’t eating and training this way and having goals I’m trying to attain….I’d have killed myself out of misery years ago
Sounds like you found what works well for you. I have to do that now with my heart failure. You cant just throw in the towel and give up on life.

Heavy hitter I’m sure you mean well bro. It’s just the fact you’ve mentioned numerous times that you have a insane metabolism and that you can’t get fat and stay lean no matter what.

Also a lot of your advise might work for you with your Ibs and stomach issues but for the majority of people it probably won’t.

either way you do share a lot of good info
Of course it’s not going to work for everyone. Nothing does. And of course I can get fat, but it took close to 10,000 calories daily for me to do it. I though the whole point of a forum is to share one’s perspective, and let other take what they want from it? No?
And in case you missed it….lot of guys on here with stomach issues lately asking for help

Sounds like you found what works well for you. I have to do that now with my heart failure. You cant just throw in the towel and give up on life.
I completely agree with you. And I find it funny that I’m getting shit for pushing through and doing what I have to to be a successful lifter and achieve my goals, but no ones ever hassled you about continuing to bodybuild after major cardiac event.
I set an all time record which was a life long dream for this former scrawny bullied kid. The record has since been smashed many times as the sport evolves and lifters get better. But it was still mine for awhile. How many can say they achieved something like that? This sport saved my life

Yep. I always suspected that my force feeding wasn't doing any good but it took Phil to make it clear to me. I was taking in about 6 kcal a day or so trying to force growth.

Phil came in with "eat when you are hungry". I took in about half that many calories and lost about 30 lbs in only 2 months. At the same time I gained muscle and got stronger. You cannot force your body to grow beyond a certain rate by eating more protein and other macros.

Obviously, the body will add a limited amount of muscle no matter how much you want to force food, but forcing food and adding extra fat can transform your stomach and increasse appetite for the future.

I can see both sides of the debate, I myself fluctuate between both positions regarding how much fat its need to add in your off season.

Luki has a more modern approach and cares about keeping insulin sensitivity high, he is focused on staying lean, near to contest condition. I believe that this approach is more appropriate as you get older and for competitive athletes.

heavyhitter has an old school heavy lifter approach, where the guys ate solid foods, tons of eggs, whole milk ... and they didn't care as much about maintaining low bodyfat levels throughout the year. I think Dante is a supporter of this position, and I think this approach is ideal for people who are just starting out in lifting and are thin. I also believe that it is more suitable if you do not have competitive goals in the short term.

I can see both sides of the debate, I myself fluctuate between both positions regarding how much fat its need to add in your off season.

Luki has a more modern approach and cares about keeping insulin sensitivity high, he is focused on staying lean, near to contest condition. I believe that this approach is more appropriate as you get older and for competitive athletes.

heavyhitter has an old school heavy lifter approach, where the guys ate solid foods, tons of eggs, whole milk ... and they didn't care as much about maintaining low bodyfat levels throughout the year. I think Dante is a supporter of this position, and I think this approach is ideal for people who are just starting out in lifting and are thin. I also believe that it is more suitable if you do not have competitive goals in the short term.
I agree. I don’t eat junk food daily any more like I used to. But when chasing powerlifting numbers I regularly ate a pound or more of bacon and half a gallon of milk a day along woth tons of protein and carbs. These days, I basically only eat egg white, protein powder, white rice, cream of rice, karboload, and dextrose, and a good amount of fruit and fruit juices, and then whatever family meal I make(such as the one in this pic) to eat with my family so they have some normalcy with me too. I am by no means a garbage eater and in the long run consistency is the biggest key to all of this, but those of us without elite level genetics have to make up for them somehow.
These are smoked pork tacos with homemade green sauce and cotija cheese by the way

Attachments

• 959E98A0-34E3-4BCF-A893-5EE7DB4FEBB7.png
    959E98A0-34E3-4BCF-A893-5EE7DB4FEBB7.png
    388.8 KB · Views: 11
13 years old catching a fish

Attachments

• DA6919AC-BC01-4029-BD9E-5914B16ED492.jpeg
    DA6919AC-BC01-4029-BD9E-5914B16ED492.jpeg
    52.4 KB · Views: 23
Senior year of high school. 1 year pre back injury that lead to me lifting. Notice the baggy clothing in both photos. Always wore stuff to make it less obvious how skinny I was

Attachments

• EA6DF788-58E9-452B-BB4D-9755AA2020EB.jpeg
    EA6DF788-58E9-452B-BB4D-9755AA2020EB.jpeg
    113.6 KB · Views: 33
I agree. I don’t eat junk food daily any more like I used to. But when chasing powerlifting numbers I regularly ate a pound or more of bacon and half a gallon of milk a day along woth tons of protein and carbs. These days, I basically only eat egg white, protein powder, white rice, cream of rice, karboload, and dextrose, and a good amount of fruit and fruit juices, and then whatever family meal I make(such as the one in this pic) to eat with my family so they have some normalcy with me too. I am by no means a garbage eater and in the long run consistency is the biggest key to all of this, but those of us without elite level genetics have to make up for them somehow.
These are smoked pork tacos with homemade green sauce and cotija cheese by the way
Obviously chicken, fish, and beef are on my daily menu too. Forgot to mention them. But it does seem I’ve developed a bit of an intolerance with chicken. I feel much better having switched to mostly egg whites, raw fish, and beef for my protein sources. Much less gas and bloating and I digest my meals a bit faster

Personally i don't believe in hardgainers just people with fast metabolisms who undereat. I was one of those guys for a long time and finally when i figured out get enough calories in i got up to 280lbs. Now I am down to 4k calories a day(all time low since i was 16yrs old) and i can't seem to drop below 250lbs

I like your post, very good tips. Nutrition is highly individual and I got some great diet tips from this board over the years.

Personally i don't believe in hardgainers just people with fast metabolisms who undereat. I was one of those guys for a long time and finally when i figured out get enough calories in i got up to 280lbs. Now I am down to 4k calories a day(all time low since i was 16yrs old) and i can't seem to drop below 250lbs

I like your post, very good tips. Nutrition is highly individual and I got some great diet tips from this board over the years.
We’re on the same page. I don’t really believe in “hardgainers” but some people definitely require more stimulus(food, intensity, volume etc.) than others, and start from further back. Look at jay cutler when he was 16. Most guys have to train with steroids for 15 plus years to come close to looking like that

well, masses, for sure, not muscles, and this is a forum mainly on bodybuilding, so such advice should be here, and not to become the fattest guy in the gym lol

@luki7788 you think it’s better to eat every 2-3 hours or when hungry? I’ve always wondered what’s best as a hardgainer myself who is almost always hungry.
I was always under the impression it was best to do every 2-3 hours to keep levels stable

If your’e hungry every 3 hours then definitely eat. Your body is telling you it wants it
@luki7788 you think it’s better to eat every 2-3 hours or when hungry? I’ve always wondered what’s best as a hardgainer myself who is almost always hungry.
I was always under the impression it was best to do every 2-3 hours to keep levels stable

If your’e hungry every 3 hours then definitely eat. Your body is telling you it wants it

no bro I think you misunderstood my question lol.
Im asking better to eat every 2-3 hours OR when hungry.
I currently eat every 3 hours. I’m definitely hungry more than that, like every hour! This is with decent sized meals every 3 hours too.

I currently eat every 3 hours. I’m definitely hungry more than that, like every hour! This is with decent sized meals every 3 hours too.
I feel like two hours is excessive. Every 3 hours would be plenty. What are you currently eating at your meals that you’re hungry an hour later?

My 2 cents
In a perfect world and schudel providing consistent timing is best.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael_
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131