over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Lessons I learned trying to get huge as a hardgainer

Eating small meals all day long IMO mimics being in the hospital on an IV drip. Slow, steady flow of nutrients.

No need to complicate things. It takes about 4 hours for the food to get digested and moving through the intestines.

If you're getting hungry before your next meal maybe you should make your meals a bit bigger.
You loser! Get out of here with that COMMON SENSE bullshit... LOL 😆 🤣

My experience with Phil's diet was what I needed. He had me eating much smaller meals. I ate only when hungry. It ended up being about every 3 hours or so.

Previous to the diet I was eating much bigger meals and eating at the same frequency of 3 hours. Of course I wasn't hungry at the 3 hour mark, so I forced myself to eat.

The total calories for the day were probably around 2 to 3k calories lower, eating small meals when hungry. I lost about 35 lbs and got much leaner. I also got stronger in the gym and felt much better.Those extra calories I was force feeding weren't helping me grow more muscle, they just made me fat.

Oh never mind….looks like you’re already trolling other posts.
Wait I just read this on the other thread now, how is this trolling ?

Wait I just read this on the other thread now, how is this trolling ?
Making fun of the guy for wondering about high rep deadlifts and saying maybe it’ll impress the teenagers? Sounds pretty douchey and trollish to me. Never understand why someone would show up to a thread just to clown on someone

Making fun of the guy for wondering about high rep deadlifts and saying maybe it’ll impress the teenagers? Sounds pretty douchey and trollish to me. Never understand why someone would show up to a thread just to clown on someone
Ah ok I was more reacting to the part about better exercises then high rep deadlifts for upper back , trap thickness .

Surprised cardio hasn't been mentioned in this. A good cardio session will definitely increase your ability to process food and appetite. Many still utilize it in the offseason for this reason. Also the other health benefits and insulin sensitivity. This will be noticed substantially if you're not already doing it. Stan Efferding 10 minute walks too

Surprised cardio hasn't been mentioned in this. A good cardio session will definitely increase your ability to process food and appetite. Many still utilize it in the offseason for this reason. Also the other health benefits and insulin sensitivity. This will be noticed substantially if you're not already doing it. Stan Efferding 10 minute walks too
I do gpp in the off-season. Sled drags and pushes, and hill sprints

I eat when I'm hungry(THANKS PHIL HERNON!) This usually equates to every 2-3 hours anyway and like a lot us who have been doing this for a substantial period of time I don't even have to look at the clock to know it's been that long since my last meal. Having said that there are times when I will be hungrier than normal and will eat more than normal and/or eat more often than normal. This could be for just 1 meal or more depending on how hungry I am. This increased hunger usually occurs the first day or 2 after training legs and sometimes back. I try to listen to my body and increase my calorie intake as needed. My experience following this common sense approach has helped me keep off bodyfat while steadily gaining. I played the "weight game" once and increased my calories and got a little sloppy before backing down. When I was younger and had a super fast metabolism like you Heavyhitter I probably could've gotten away with the increased calories without getting sloppy. I was a long distance runner prior to bodybuilding and also the fastest Marine in my battalion when I was enlisted and could run all day and eat literally 4-6 Big Macs a day without getting fat!

GREAT thread Heavyhitter and thanks for your input as well as everyone else whose contributed!! Lots of useful tips and advice here!

I maintain a minimum of 30 minutes fasting cardio, except the day after training legs. I don't know if it helps with the appetite and everything else, but if it helps to maintain a daily and robotic routine, and I like that.

I maintain a minimum of 30 minutes fasting cardio, except the day after training legs. I don't know if it helps with the appetite and everything else, but if it helps to maintain a daily and robotic routine, and I like that.
I find that walking after eating a meal really helps get rid of any air you e swallowed and aids in digestion. Basically Stan Efferding’s ten minute walks

I find that walking after eating a meal really helps get rid of any air you e swallowed and aids in digestion. Basically Stan Efferding’s ten minute walks
Doesn't John Jewett have a theory similar,just basically counting steps all day.He discussed it of Fouad's podcast..Ie..even walking around your kitchen while heating up your food..I thought it was interesting.

Doesn't John Jewett have a theory similar,just basically counting steps all day.He discussed it of Fouad's podcast..Ie..even walking around your kitchen while heating up your food..I thought it was interesting.
Ya I believe so

That would also be a good routine to consider.

no bro I think you misunderstood my question lol.
Im asking better to eat every 2-3 hours OR when hungry.
I currently eat every 3 hours. I’m definitely hungry more than that, like every hour! This is with decent sized meals every 3 hours too.
decent "sized" meals is vague. What matters when you have a quick metabolism and are active with lots of muscle is the caloric density of those meals. Eating every 3hrs is mentally and physically exhausting and it needlessly increases your metabolism even further. Less meals but shoot for density of calories(but not shit junk food all the time) For me this went as far as drinking milk with every meal instead of water and even working up to drinking a few tablespoons of olive oil at the end of meals for pure calories. 8K calories a day was possible this way doing 3 meals with a snack in between at some point.

decent "sized" meals is vague. What matters when you have a quick metabolism and are active with lots of muscle is the caloric density of those meals. Eating every 3hrs is mentally and physically exhausting and it needlessly increases your metabolism even further. Less meals but shoot for density of calories(but not shit junk food all the time) For me this went as far as drinking milk with every meal instead of water and even working up to drinking a few tablespoons of olive oil at the end of meals for pure calories. 8K calories a day was possible this way doing 3 meals with a snack in between at some point.

I gave an example of meals a couple posts up.

You are right about being physically and mentally exhausting though

8oz chicken or steak
2 cups of rice
Some sort of healthy fat usually a cup of almonds
diet is extremely individualistic and based on so many factors. Myself now that is a perfect meal maybe adding in a green vegetable and I could maintain 245lbs eating that 4 times a day.
23yr old me would have had a hard time maintaining 230lbs eating 2x that volume 5-6 times a day.

hunger can also be very misleading. I've found that being thirsty, angry, or just plain bored can often make me think i'm hungry. Sometimes just getting up and going for a walk or drinking a big glass of water and all of a sudden i'm not hungry anymore.

I gave an example of meals a couple posts up.

You are right about being physically and mentally exhausting though
If you’re still feel hungry bump the protein up to 10 ounces at two of yours meals and throw in more veggies. In a couple weeks assess and adjust

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131