over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Lessons Learned - General Things

JG_0808

Registered
Here are a few things I have learned that I thought were worth sharing.

Everything here I have actually tried by implementing on myself and here is what I learned in the process.

1. Shoulder Pressing

For 12 months I did nothing for my shoulders except lateral raises of all kinds; heavy partials, one arm 45 degrees, regular 2 arm, high rep, low rep, mixed reps etc..

Lesson:
Within 3 months of pressing again my delts have exploded and in particular my medial delt so now I am convinced nothing can replace presses for delt size. Tell yourself your shoulders are nice and capped all you want (I did the same) then start pressing again and see what happens.

2. Diet

Followed a carb timing diet for years (carbs only pre,intra,post) and got some good results

Lesson: It wasn’t until I started eating the same macros for each meal that the real results came. I don’t know why as macros and calories were the same in both approaches however I noticed a big difference in fullness, strength and performance. Also my digestion has improved a lot which I personally thought would go the other way. Recovery has been the same with both approaches and its easier now to just make meals based on my set macros.

As a side note I have always been afraid of carbs and been all about HIGH PROTEIN but now I look the best and feel the best in terms of digestion, performance and fullness on what I would consider a HIGH CARB diet – 25% Protein – 20% Fat – 55% Carbs.

3. Intra Workout Drinks

Tried every combination of intra workout drink and they DO make a difference in recovery and performance and in soreness i.e. without the intra drink I feel sore for another 24-36 hours after as opposed to when I have one.

Lesson: I will list in order of BEST to WORST in terms of recovery, pump, performance etc (cost and taste not really being factors for me)

PeptoPro + Glycofuse (BY FAR THE BEST FOR RECOVERY AND PERFORMANCE HANDS DOWN!!)
PeptoPro + Powerade
Casein Hydrolysate + Glycofuse
Whey Hydrolysate + Glycofuse
EAA + Gycofuse
EAA + Powerade

PeptoPro is superior to all proteins for this. Argue all you want about EAA’s being the same etc but they aren’t when you aren’t worried about costs and about getting the best product.

4. Meal Frequency

During cutting diet was eating 4 meals per day (spaced 4-5 hours apart) with a set number of macros per day then I hit a plateu in fat loss

Lesson: I spread the exact same macros over 5 meals (eating every 3.5-4.5 hours) and fat loss began again at 0.5kg per week. After 4 weeks it stalled again and I started eating every 3 hours and it gave me another 5 weeks of fat loss at the same macros of another 0.5kg per week. Not sure if meal frequency matters when bulking but during a cut it seems to have given me another 9 weeks fat loss without dropping food any lower.

5. Red Meat

I am a big red meat eater (grass fed only) but went 4 weeks without heaving any red meat so my main protein sources were chicken, eggs, egg whites and some tuna here and there.

Lesson: If I had to choose between every supplement available on the market and red meat, the meat would WIN with no contest. As soon as I started eating red meat again (specifically beef that I eat 3 times a day) my strength went up, I felt better and it was easier to gain muscle with all calories being equal.

That’s all for now, next lessons learned will be about training.

Was your AAS stack exactly the same for literally everything you tried?

Good Info..

Thanks for sharing, interesting for sure.

Was your AAS stack exactly the same for literally everything you tried?

No AAS, I am and always have been natural so yes conditions for everything were the exact same if that is what you were getting at.

Are you still considered natty if you rub winstrol on your face?

Let's see some pics.

Nice post brother :)

I've been combining Peptopro with my Intra-MD and am about to run out of Peptopro. I was probably not going to order more but now I think I will.

Also, grass fed beef is the gold standard when it comes to eating clean for bodybuilding purposes

What % of grass fed beef are you guys eating? Currently eating 85/15 and draining all the fat twice. The taste and texture is incomparable to the horseshit at local grocery stores

Finally found a local farmer down here in Texas to supply grass fed beef and free range eggs at awesome prices!! :D

What % of grass fed beef are you guys eating? Currently eating 85/15 and draining all the fat twice. The taste and texture is incomparable to the horseshit at local grocery stores

Finally found a local farmer down here in Texas to supply grass fed beef and free range eggs at awesome prices!! :D
85-90% dude....sometimes I drink the fucking fat. That's where the good shit is! Draining the fat twice?! Wtf?!

If I was dieting and was using regular beef, I would drain the fat. But the whole goodness of grass fed beef is the fat. I do 85-90 percent as well depending on what's cheapest at the time

About point 4.. not really sure. i would love to have some debate on it

IMO

i don't think more frequent meals would do something in regards to fat burning considering that total calories for the day and macros ARE SAME. if anything theoretically less meals is better since you get the nutrients you need but because of the less frequency your overall time when insulin is high is less, thus staying more in favorable fat burning environment(when insulin is low).

Hell maybe I should drop the gear go natural and start eating beef...throw in some overhead presses and my shoulders should explode with growth :rolleyes:

Hell maybe I should drop the gear go natural and start eating beef...throw in some overhead presses and my shoulders should explode with growth :rolleyes:

i feel the same way. this sound like a troll that try something new to get clients..

The store near me has 90/10 so I get that. In general, I always get the least amount of fat to avoid the extra calories, even if the fat in GFB is healthy fat.

Last edited:
i feel the same way. this sound like a troll that try something new to get clients..

'cept he wasn't offering anything besides his personal experience/insight...with no price tag attached lol :rolleyes:

unlike that one guy... what was his name? I think he was an IFBB physique pro who used to post here ;)

'cept he wasn't offering anything besides his personal experience/insight...with no price tag attached lol :rolleyes:

unlike that one guy... what was his name? I think he was an IFBB physique pro who used to post here ;)

The one who's answer to every training, diet, health, and injury problem was available on his website???

Ahh, forget it, missed the "Physique" part.....I was thinking of someone else.

I honestly love these threads. It is great when people post what they have found to be true through actual experience, as opposed to reading it or a second hand story.

I can also, as of now, relate to one point. I recently switched up my routine. I had been doing basic push/pull/legs. After chest I would do side laterals and upright db rows for delts. A month ago I started doing delts and arms as my Monday work out. I now focus on millitary press. It has only been a month and my lady has commented on my shoulders. I see it too.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131