over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Let's discuss cholesterol.

Gunsmith

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
There seems to be two camps when it come to checking out cholesterol levels , one where they want to keep it in range and one that seem to think that it doesn't really make alot of difference.

I'm not wanting to start a pissing match as to who is right and who is wrong just want to hear everyone's opinion on the subject and what you do to mitigate any negative issue that might come with high cholesterol as far as supps , diet and gear goes.

Go watch the video I posted last night. Cholesterol being high or not..you need to know the type via NMR(particle testing).

Functionality > Numbers

Inflammation > Numbers

Insulin levels > Numbers

My grandfather had high total and LDL cholesterol, HDL on the lower side, and high triglycerides for most of his entire adult life. He took no medication for it. He had high blood pressure that he did take medication for. He drank beer almost everyday, not an alcoholic but just really liked to drink beer, Budweiser specifically. He never had any cardiac events or health problems other than his knees, back, and prostate, when he was in his 70's. He developed bladder cancer at 82 which they believed was from the prostate cancer that he had in his 70's spreading to his bladder. His bladder was removed and the surgeon accidentally nicked his colon which about a week or two later caused him to go sceptic and he did not recover. He was still pretty healthy and active up to that point. He passed away at the age of 82. Long story but the main point was his high cholesterol and triglyceride issue.

A prevailing attitude: Fuck it, just blast, blast, cruise. Maybe that Cardarine will do. Maybe all the TUDCA will clean out the plaques.

Fact is, with everything available these days, a person could accidently hurt themselves or cure themselves. It's a crapshoot for the careless and indiscriminate, but you could easily buy yourself into good health without a second thought.

This is another podcast that came out yesterday. Saladino's numbers he shares 20min or so in...are pretty nuts. Feldman really knows his stuff..

This is another podcast that came out yesterday. Saladino's numbers he shares 20min or so in...are pretty nuts. Feldman really knows his stuff..

Feldman is the person I listen to when it comes to cholesterol!!!!! Fuck all the rest of that noise out there.

Budweiser seemed to keep my Grandpa's arteries pretty clean...

Yeah fuck it, let's all combine 17aa oral AAS and push our LDL, Trig, Total Cholesterol up and lower HDL.

There are basically 2 camps: the drug companies opinion based on the massive amount of money they make from cholesterol-lowering medications and the educational BS they have been pushing on doctors for decades, along with the doctors who have been educated by the information these companies push; and current science which has proven otherwise, along with all currently educated doctors that know otherwise.

All of a sudden I have a taste for a really big omelette ......maybe with some skirt steak in it. :p

my dr said

bad cholesterol + high blood pressure = heart issues

bad cholesterol + everything else in check = nothing to worry about

those that run gear and CONSTANTLY get blood work know that when blasting cholesterol gets worse, also i have found pushing food even on trt doses does make it a little worse too.

my dr said

bad cholesterol + high blood pressure = heart issues

bad cholesterol + everything else in check = nothing to worry about

those that run gear and CONSTANTLY get blood work know that when blasting cholesterol gets worse, also i have found pushing food even on trt doses does make it a little worse too.
You should explore the videos out there at your fingertips and evaluate whether or not you need a new doctor. Sounds like a bunch of dogmatic, antiquated bullshit to me. The evidence is pretty clear at this point. The following tests should be explored and utilized.

NMR particle testing
Apo-b
LP(a)
PLAC(lp-PLA2)
Oxidized LDL
Insulin
Crp
Homocysteine
A1c

You should explore the videos out there at your fingertips and evaluate whether or not you need a new doctor. Sounds like a bunch of dogmatic, antiquated bullshit to me. The evidence is pretty clear at this point. The following tests should be explored and utilized.

NMR particle testing
Apo-b
LP(a)
PLAC(lp-PLA2)
Oxidized LDL
Insulin
Crp
Homocysteine
A1c

Both the CardioIQ and NMR seem to test slightly different things... Which would you recommend? One says to fast for 12-14 hours and the other (CardioIQ) says fasting is not needed...

Both the CardioIQ and NMR seem to test slightly different things... Which would you recommend? One says to fast for 12-14 hours and the other (CardioIQ) says fasting is not needed...
LDL particle count and small LDL need to be tested for..and an LP/IR score will be telling.
I don't have time to look right now but if you can identify the differences, it might be easier me to determine.
I've gotten three NMR's from life extension...(ldl-p, hdl-p, small ldl-p, ldl size, and LP/IR along with a normal lipid readings..)

I've gotten one particle size test via privatemdlabs...(that also had large VLDL-p, small ldl-p, large hdl-p, VLDL size, hdl size, and ldl size..)

LDL particle count and small LDL need to be tested for..and an LP/IR score will be telling.
I don't have time to look right now but if you can identify the differences, it might be easier me to determine.
I've gotten three NMR's from life extension...(ldl-p, hdl-p, small ldl-p, ldl size, and LP/IR along with a normal lipid readings..)

I've gotten one particle size test via privatemdlabs...(that also had large VLDL-p, small ldl-p, large hdl-p, VLDL size, hdl size, and ldl size..)

Yea I have no idea if that’s what they have but here are the ones available on PrivateMdLabs

There’s the NMR and CardioIQ... You can see what they include...

Thanks for taking the time...

Attachments

• 17CF9EA7-6CAF-4FDE-94C5-8E1BA9147D23.jpeg
    17CF9EA7-6CAF-4FDE-94C5-8E1BA9147D23.jpeg
    68.7 KB · Views: 9
  • A0136A82-ECE5-4F94-9D70-47B2EB21516A.jpeg
    A0136A82-ECE5-4F94-9D70-47B2EB21516A.jpeg
    102 KB · Views: 7
  • 9E71FD73-1517-4088-A357-7D457BD44477.jpeg
    9E71FD73-1517-4088-A357-7D457BD44477.jpeg
    76.5 KB · Views: 7
Idk if its still around but there used to be a supposedly advanced lipid test called the VAP test. It was THE lipid test to get at the time and was hyped up by the medical people. it seems to have disappeared over the years. :rolleyes:

NMR particle testing
Apo-b
LP(a)
PLAC(lp-PLA2)
Oxidized LDL
Insulin
Crp
Homocysteine
A1c

Thanks i actually got really sick a couple of years ago and stopped all medications i was on for thyroid and cholesterol, 6 months with out them and just cruise dose of test and everything was with in range. I was pretty upset that i had been taking all that medication when i probably didnt do it.
I do private bloodwork now and keep my gp as my gp. all seems pretty good as long as i dont go to hard for to long and have adequate breaks. Common sense really

Its a window. If you look in the window and you see something is wrong then it warrants further evaluation. Dont look in the window and not like what you see so then close the blinds and be like ohh well that doesnt matter anyway.

Dont chase numbers but also dont ignore them. You cant just take a pill or supplement and become healthy just as you cant get jacked just by taking AAS. Its hardwork and consistence and making good choices.

Cardiovascular health is something i feel very strongly about. In fact id say with respect to AAS its what I find myself discussing most. I try to help but some people are just too foolish.

I answer questions and discuss because im trying to be helpful not because i inherently have some outward drive to save all bodybuilders from the evil of steroids..... . you are all adults and make your own informed decisions. But be a man and stick by them because too many times ive gotten PMs years later only when people now have health issues. Just before covid I had a PM from a member here who is fairly well known but hadnt been posting much. He was having bad heart issues, had cardiac enlargement, coronary artery disease and his aortas was a bit big. I remember him posting years ago about lipids and how cholesterol doesnt matter, how low HDL is only temporary and and lots of posts about some supplements. Yea well he showed me his labs from 2020....quite bad and his calcium score was over 1000. I didnt know what to say at that point and i think i only briefly replied. You make your own bed...

Labs are not the end all be all. There are MANY other things are are important. But its foolish to ignore them just because its inconvienant. I dont push drugs or supplements. They are tools..just like AAS. Dont take a statin or a supplement as a crutch because your diet isnt in check, you dont have time for cardio and you like dbol and winny. You can use AAS safely and be healthy

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member