over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Let's Hear Your 'Weird' Exercises

CASKETS

laying on a slight incline bench grab one 90lbs dumbell cross hands around handle like your lying in a casket and press straight up. Great for chest

I was thinking about this thread again when training back. As I posted above I always look at ways to improve form but some of my back movements are a good example of getting more weird with things because of subpar results doing things the standard ways. One example are pulldowns and I when doing standard ones I always do them one arm at a time. However not with single handles but a standard pulldown bar I grip both sides but I only bring down the side I plan to work. So for my right side I bring down my right elbow towards my waist. I get a much better connection doing them this way (the same for unilateral pulldowns and rows). I also like to do behind the back barbell (or Smith) shrugs which I suppose is not a common movement these days.
Haney was supposedly big on these. There were a few photos of him doing them back in the day.

I agree. It’s a bunch of nonsense. I will admit I do like the weighted hip thrust machine for butt. It looks like you’re humping a ghost that’s riding you reverse cowgirl style. I can’t squat or do lunges any more due to my knees and back, so these build my glutes real well. I tried to squat with only the bar and it wasn’t happening.
I'm in a similar boat. I like an exercise, it's a squat variation. You stand on a slant board, make sure the angle is moderate too high. Grab dumbbells or kettlebells and hold at you side in each hand. Squat down while standing on the slant and go hams to calves. of course, the slower the descent the less weight you will need and avoiding lockout will also increase the difficulty. if done properly, these will burn the shit out of your quads.

I do a movement for upper back/rear delts/traps, using dumbbells, in which I am standing up straight, and rowing the weights up, pulling with the entire group of muscles. I don't know what to call it or how to describe it. My elbows pull up behind me, my palms face my body, and the bells rise up underneath and behind my arm pits. Its a very powerful movement, squeezing and pulling with the traps, rear delts, and upper back.

I took this foto of Casey Viator training in the gym at Nautilus HQ in Lake Helen, FL.

It was a prototype squat machine, obviously built but never a production model.
From all accounts is was a a very dangerous machine to use, and had a propensity
for ejecting you from the machine or something like that and it was tough it to get
in and out of, or so I was told. Casey really worked had on it, maybe because I had a
camera and was photographing him on it. I do remember the machine 'walking'
back on the floor (was not bolted down) because he was working so hard. There
was a similar machine, if not identical to it except it had a one one piece floor / platform.
It was used in the infamous 'Colorado Experiment' Again, it never made it into production
for some reason. (I have a picture of it if anybody if anybody is interested; I was not
there :(, did not take the foto.)

The Nautilus Duosymmetric, Polycontractile Squat Machine was the only squat machine
that Arthur released into production. It had a negative cam (amazing innovation)
but from what I have read and heard from people who have used it (I have not) it left
much to be desired as far a comfort and results. I know Ray Mentzer (bigger than Mike
at the time he trained with Jones) would use the entire weight stack. He was amazingly
strong.

Weird enough for you?

Attachments

• viator_legpress.jpg
    viator_legpress.jpg
    285.9 KB · Views: 17
I use the preacher set and sit like a chair then do triceps ext

The exercise Vince Taylor does at about 3 minutes into this video here is a pretty good one:

If you can get the setup right you can get a great stretch/contraction on your lats with this kinda pulldown

Man, I did pulldowns Brandon Curry style today. I had to cut my weight in about half, but yes, they do work.

Watch the man himself teaching the man himself.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws