over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Lets lighten things up

rmtt

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Like the title says....lets lighten things up a little around here.

What do you guys like as hobbies aside from the gym/exercise?

I like to read (I'm an Engineer so I'm a nerd at heart)
Into guns and hunt quite a bit.
Still into Martial Arts and we train a lot of the sheriff's deputies in the 3 counties around us.

But...I'm a total car nut. Have worked on them all my life. Restorations..(I can do everything but paint), resto-mods, but I really got into them when a few years back when you could start buying the software to tune your own stuff. and take them down the track.

Tuned a ton of Mustangs...and for the last 8+ years have had HP Tuners and done a ton of Chevy stuff. Even dabbled around with tuning imports.

When I was younger I was really into bikes. I used to ride with a group that raced professionally and we would hit up all the good tracks...Road Atlanta, Talladega, etc. Also did a lot of mountain runs like "Tail of the Dragon" and stuff. I never raced in their league...but it was still fun.

I like live music, jazz or latin-jazz, also a good restaurant. Also, visiting the country side, eating fruit from the tree and small towns...

Say you have tuned a lot. My z has a custom cam and also has a hanging idle. Some say the hanging idle can be tuned out by a good tuner. What do you think? Can't remember the rpms and speed. Some where around 30 mph and 1300 rpms I think. The tuner said he might be able to get it better. Hes the one that has tuned the car and done the install when the previous owner had it.

I enjoy the outdoors and wildlife.

I also hunt and believe in keeping the deer population in check, but I didn’t need the meat this year, so I just took a lot of pictures! Plus, I did not want to gut one, drag it to the truck, load it, take it home hang it up, skin it, then cut the meat up and package it. If you have never done it....LOTS of work! Much easier to pretend all that meat at the store was killed humanely, right? 😉

Anyway, I love nature, wildlife and feel close to God when I am out there. This guy was following does around in circles. He saw me when I started to video him. I was sitting at the base of a juniper tree sort of nestled in the branches. Lol. All sneaky and sly! 😁

Attachments

• 19984537-2440-42DC-A2A3-2A6493D57C29.jpeg
    19984537-2440-42DC-A2A3-2A6493D57C29.jpeg
    142.4 KB · Views: 388
Sports, girls, financial investments, real estate, video games, traveling

Herpetology and exotic animal husbandry

Horror movies!! Huge horror movie fanatic.

Like reading as well; currently reading Antifragile by Nassim Taleb.

Always following new stuff in health and fitness; learning a lot from the crew here.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Say you have tuned a lot. My z has a custom cam and also has a hanging idle. Some say the hanging idle can be tuned out by a good tuner. What do you think? Can't remember the rpms and speed. Some where around 30 mph and 1300 rpms I think. The tuner said he might be able to get it better. Hes the one that has tuned the car and done the install when the previous owner had it.

It can be tuned out by a good tuner. But I would get a highway tune so that you collect data from a larger area and recreate the issue vs. having just a WOT tune. Get that part done and then final adjustment on the dyno if you want.

A few suggestions....1st make sure that you have no vacuum leaks as this will cause similar symptoms. Have him look at the TPS tables for positioning issues. Also if you are running an aftermarket throttle body...the IAC Scalar tables could need to be readjusted.

Then there is also the "throttle cracker" settings. These are the biggest culprits of hanging idles. But any experienced tuner will know about these and where to start at.

When I installed my first cam I really didn't know much about "overlap" and how crazy it would be to tune with such a big cam. But I had a friend who does it for a living teach me a lot.

Later I came back and stuck some Trick-flow Heads on it with the chambers milled to 59cc to bump compression, and went with a reverse split cam as I wanted the torque to come on strong down low. When I mocked everything up to check clearance issues...I got my first lesson in "fly-cutting" pistons from the same guy.

There are some great guys out there.....but even with my first cam that was way too big...he helped me tune it where I could creep through my neighborhood at 700-800 rpm with no surging or bucking of any kind.

Some people, have come to believe that life is a game: I have succumb to only playing their games.

It used to be something for the wealthy, but now as they preach the virtues of the middle-class, all people may now treat their lives as if were merely a game. With all the luxury of royalty, the working-man frolics in such extravagance: Play Time. And "me too," even the economics are Game. Fun stuff.

I also hunt and believe in keeping the deer population in check, but I didn’t need the meat this year, so I just took a lot of pictures! Plus, I did not want to gut one, drag it to the truck, load it, take it home hang it up, skin it, then cut the meat up and package it. If you have never done it....LOTS of work! Much easier to pretend all that meat at the store was killed humanely, right?

Anyway, I love nature, wildlife and feel close to God when I am out there. This guy was following does around in circles. He saw me when I started to video him. I was sitting at the base of a juniper tree sort of nestled in the branches. Lol. All sneaky and sly!

Beautiful. The biggest problem we have is in my area is that they plan to cut rifle season in half next year from the talk I am hearing. And during Turkey season we used to get 5 tags...they cut it back to 3 this past year. And my state exports more birds into other areas than are usually taken here each year.

But I hunt with my brother-in-law and his 4 boys. And I can promise you we eat everything we take...especially my in-laws (Mountain Folk!). Plus we raise our own beef and chickens, and plant a huge garden every year.

I always tell him he is the first place we are going if the shit ever hits the fan. They have a ton of land in the Western NC Mountains. My wife owns 1/3 of it.

1. Reading - mainly fantasy novels, sci-fi and some thrillers.

2. Video games - RPG's and old school console classics.

3. Hiking.

4. Netflix/Hulu.

5. Sports - American football and motocross.

There's a world outside the gym!!?! Just kidding. But photography, movies, reading, exploring, and food. Then of course memes lol I kind of feel having interests outside of bodybuilding and the gym is important.

I wish city guys had the chance to experience that.

Beautiful. The biggest problem we have is in my area is that they plan to cut rifle season in half next year from the talk I am hearing. And during Turkey season we used to get 5 tags...they cut it back to 3 this past year. And my state exports more birds into other areas than are usually taken here each year.

But I hunt with my brother-in-law and his 4 boys. And I can promise you we eat everything we take...especially my in-laws (Mountain Folk!). Plus we raise our own beef and chickens, and plant a huge garden every year.

I always tell him he is the first place we are going if the shit ever hits the fan. They have a ton of land in the Western NC Mountains. My wife owns 1/3 of it.

The more connected we are to the land, the better off we are. I honestly feel if more people had these experiences, the country would be better off.

Hunting and fishing.
I just got into kayak bass fishing this summer and am completely addicted to it.
I plan on entering a couple of tournaments next summer.

It can be tuned out by a good tuner. But I would get a highway tune so that you collect data from a larger area and recreate the issue vs. having just a WOT tune. Get that part done and then final adjustment on the dyno if you want.

A few suggestions....1st make sure that you have no vacuum leaks as this will cause similar symptoms. Have him look at the TPS tables for positioning issues. Also if you are running an aftermarket throttle body...the IAC Scalar tables could need to be readjusted.

Then there is also the "throttle cracker" settings. These are the biggest culprits of hanging idles. But any experienced tuner will know about these and where to start at.

When I installed my first cam I really didn't know much about "overlap" and how crazy it would be to tune with such a big cam. But I had a friend who does it for a living teach me a lot.

Later I came back and stuck some Trick-flow Heads on it with the chambers milled to 59cc to bump compression, and went with a reverse split cam as I wanted the torque to come on strong down low. When I mocked everything up to check clearance issues...I got my first lesson in "fly-cutting" pistons from the same guy.

There are some great guys out there.....but even with my first cam that was way too big...he helped me tune it where I could creep through my neighborhood at 700-800 rpm with no surging or bucking of any kind.

Thank you very much for the reply.

The more connected we are to the land, the better off we are. I honestly feel if more people had these experiences, the country would be better off.

I agree.....this is where we plan to retire to. Up until this year, you could not even get a cell phone signal in that area no matter the carrier.

The people are different. Any spare time they have...they want to be outside in the woods...hunting, walking, exploring...it doesn't matter.

We hike around there a lot. You look and you notice things. Black Bear population is starting to thrive again. Coyotes are a nuisance, but we have two donkeys in the fields with the cows. You want to talk about an animal being territorial.

My wife also learned at a young age to never "name" anything that was on the farm! :D

Thank you very much for the reply.

No problem. I would suggest joining a car forum. I don't know which Z you are referring to in your post...I'm assuming "LT or LS"...but you could have been talking about a Nissan.

But join someplace like LS1 forums. Post in the technical threads about anyone that can recommend a good tuner in your area. They even have region specific sub forums where you can ask the same question.

I can guarantee that you will get a dozen answers if you live close to a populated area...and 8 of them will probably name the same person.

That's how you know you found your guy!

Cool thread BTW!

IT latest gadgets

I have a green thumb - love my green grass and I love to garden and I love to grow my own veggie garden every summer

Foodie / cooking - love going to latest and greatest resto's that have the oddest menu offerings

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131