over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Let's see where people are really at

Let's see where people really stand

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

animal eater

Registered
Professional Muscle Poll

There have been a host of threads floating around lately which has inspired me to ask this question:

How many of you have competed?

How many of you will compete?

How many of you train and supplement to look good with no intention of competing?

How many of you you train and supplement to increase performance in a given sport?

I believe the answers will be very telling in light of recent threads.

I have never competed and most likely never will to be entirely honest. Its a dream that died years ago.

I tried dieting for a show about two years ago, I didn't like the person I became on restricted calories/fats/carbs.

So far we have a 50/50 count. Curious where we will be in 24 hours. After that I have a public service announcement to make:)

Prediction? Pain....Go away Mr. T (inner voice). I predict the gym rats will prevail and run with this one. That would be option 3.

I have never competed and most likely never will to be entirely honest. Its a dream that died years ago.

I tried dieting for a show about two years ago, I didn't like the person I became on restricted calories/fats/carbs.

Me too. I tried in my early 20s. It was not worth it to me. Life is too short to be miserable.:D

There should be another option:

BODYBUILDING AS AN ARTFORM AND AS A LIFESTYLE!

I have been bodybuilding PASSIONATELY and AVIDLY for over 12 years now, never once stepped on a stage. I LOVE THE ART of bodybuilding and the power and satisfaction that I derive from it in so many ways. Although I plan to compete this year, I have always been self-motivated and have managed to get myself in to "contest condition" numerous times in my life(almost every year). It's NOT just about EGO or being a gym rat; it is about chasing the PERFECT MALE BODY; manifesting your mind's VISION through hard work, education, and dedication.

Unfortunately, bodybuilding is dominated by DRUGS and POLITICS. If this were the 70's, I would be a PRO.

Last edited:
never competed. Never could, I don't know how you guys do it lol

Hats off to you.

3 comps: 2nd, 3rd and 5th.
Swim suit/clothing model x 3 years.

Never plan to step on stage again. Just looking to be able to keep the wife happy (and her friends jealous), and fit enough to keep up with my daughters.

I lift for fun because I enjoy it as a hobby. I don't really consider myself to be a bodybuilder or powerlifter but somewhere in between and have never competed in either. I've considered powerlifting competitions but I'm probably too tall to do bodybuilding.

I lift for fun because I enjoy it as a hobby. I don't really consider myself to be a bodybuilder or powerlifter but somewhere in between and have never competed in either. I've considered powerlifting competitions but I'm probably too tall to do bodybuilding.

Very much in a similar predicament. While I can outlift most people, I will never have the genetics to do damage. If contest were judged on chest, back, shoulders and tri's I would be golden.... but at nearly six feet the legs and biceps will never be world class. Lucky for me I get some pleasure out of lifting heavy objects.

Never competed on stage but...with in myself to push beyond limits. Whether its diet or having bigger lifts,etc. I love to challenge my body and mental toughness.

Very much in a similar predicament. While I can outlift most people, I will never have the genetics to do damage. If contest were judged on chest, back, shoulders and tri's I would be golden.... but at nearly six feet the legs and biceps will never be world class. Lucky for me I get some pleasure out of lifting heavy objects.

I feel that. I'm 6'7" and did not receive bodybuilding caliber calves. Not to mention my left one had to be cut in a surgery this past summer while repairing an avascular necrosis of my talus and correcting my flat foot.

Competed twice and prepping for my third. I have no aspirations of competing at a high level. I do it as a hobby. 1st show was very lightly enhanced and 2nd was 100% natty. For this show, using only AndroHard from Primordial Performance

Never competed but Ive always been inspired by the BB's who compete and have great respect for them. I just train to stay in shape and for good health.

Iv competed the last three years before 2012 and am doing 2013 after a year off recovering from a few injurys ...Love the rush of walking on that stage !

I just do it in case I end up on a beach in New Jersey. :D

I have competed in five shows and will do another two this year. I love every aspect of competition and look forward to the future, where I hope I can do reasonably well on the national level in the next few years.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131