over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Levrone 500lb Bench Press

But if he lifted lighter you would have claimed there's a conspiracy going on lol. You're something else bro.

I question the 2 rep set and the chance of an injury. I'd be cool with him benching a ton for 10 reps.

I mean, he doesn't need to do 2 reps heavy sets to prepare for a bodybuilding competition, no one does. It's an ego set performed by a 52/53 year old guy who's had a pec tear and who embarrassed himself last year because of an injury.

In the meanwhile, current Mr. O is doing 20 rep sets with a much, much lighter weight.

Sitting there in that t-shirt, he's starting to look like the Kevin of old.

The most I've ever seen him bench on Video was 500 X 3 (4 reps was out of the question) a couple weeks before a show.

He' not too far away from that now, which is very impressive considering his age and how long he's been away from the sport.

It's obvious that Kevin is attempting to reclaim his old form...and I have no doubt he is using strength levels--at least partially--to gauge that. Like most of us, he probably thinks that if he gets back up to using the same weights, he will carry the same size, which for the most part is true.

I am still very concerned that his legs will be a shadow of what they once were...and even if he is able to get up to using the same weights on squats/leg presses (which he is still pretty far away from), that age alone will take a huge toll on their appearance.

So what. If he can get back onstage with his upper-body looking close to how it did before and with his legs carrying a decent amount of size (despite a decline in shape), he will have accomplished something I didn't think he was capable of...especially after seeing how he looked at his last show.

This better? I think its safe to say he's not going to beat Heath and I think he even he really knows that. Its just cool to see what a guy can accomplish in his 50s.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSkCwbr7M98"]KEVIN LEVRONE - Pushing 405lbs For 7 Reps - JULY 4 UPDATE - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
wheres the squats vids...???

:cool:

I would like to see some too. All I have seen is him squatting 500 for 4 in wraps which isn't much more than his bench. I do think he can get close to his old poundages but I don't see how his legs are going to comeback after how they looked at the Olympia. Like I said, if your following him because you seriously think he's going to make some real run at Heath then I think your going to be disappointed.

Last edited:
Kevin was never good enough to beat Heath. As good as Kevin was, today's bodybuilders have significantly greater development (whether you think they are "better" or not is a different story) and even a peak Kevin has weaknesses that Phil just doesn't have.

Kevin's RDB was never that great...and standing next to Phil he would get killed in that pose, even if kevin was at his best. The same goes for his FDB--it was never that great when compared against the other top bodybuilders of his day, let alone today.

In my opinion, those were Kev's two main weaknesses, from a mandatory pose standpoint.

Phil carries more muscle mass for his frame, has no major weaknesses, and when at his best, gets in killer shape.

When comparing a top-shape Phil and a top-shape Kevin, Phil wins hands down. I know some people won't like that, but it's the truth. When Phil is at his best (2011 and 2013 Olympias) he is one of the very best bodybuilders to ever walk onstage and in my opinion, would have only been beaten by Ronnie at his best.

Last edited:
Kevin was never good enough to beat Heath. As good as Kevin was, today's bodybuilders have significantly greater development (whether you think they are "better" or not is a different story) and even a peak Kevin has weaknesses that Phil just doesn't have.

Kevin's RDB was never that great...and standing next to Phil he would get killed in that pose, even if kevin was at his best. The same goes for his FDB--it was never that great when compared against the other top bodybuilders of his day, let alone today.

In my opinion, those were Kev's two main weaknesses, from a mandatory pose standpoint.

Phil carries more muscle mass for his frame, has no major weaknesses, and when at his best, gets in killer shape.

When comparing a top-shape Phil and a top-shape Kevin, Phil wins hands down. I know some people won't like that, but it's the truth. When Phil is at his best (2011 and 2013 Olympias) he is one of the very best bodybuilders to ever walk onstage and in my opinion, would have only been beaten by Ronnie at his best.
You don't think Dorian would have beaten Phil ? Especially a 4 weeks out Dorian Yates who was significantly bigger with equal conditioning to his 93 form (which would still give Phil a run for his money).

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

wheres the squats vids...???

This is from March 2017. Seemed to do it pretty easy.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MB4VQovf4RA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MB4VQovf4RA[/ame]

In this one he does 19 reps with 315lbs.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRlSjUwqAjY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRlSjUwqAjY[/ame]

Last edited:
I think id rather die, then to have someone HELP ME put my belt on...

he did smoke it though
he coulda got 10 there

Last edited:
When comparing a top-shape Phil and a top-shape Kevin, Phil wins hands down.

I do agree that prime Heath beats prime Kevin, but not sure if it's hands down.

Kevin was good competition to prime Wheeler, who we could make a case that could beat prime Heath. Or couldn't we?

I think it's cool and all how he's lifting heavy but his bullshit and excuses is tiring. He says, "remember guys I took 17 years off from the gym". What is this BS, he did SEVERAL comebacks and transformations during those years lol. Now he says, "remember I don't use any IGF or whatever it's called and no insulin and no Synthol, only old-school supplements". Who cares, so you don't use them, so what? Sounds like excuses for whatever.

Now I see one of his old friends on my FB feed crying about Levrone owing him 26K, Shawn Ray comes on and says Levrone cut him off after Shawn predicted he would get injured and place last, which he did :D

For anyone at 52 to bench 500 is great strength way beyond what the vast majority could ever achieve.

I think Kevin is rolling the dice. He does not need that kind of heavy weight to grow. It may give him "street credit" but that does nothing for you when you tear a muscle.

As much as I love Kevin I totally agreed Mike.

Here again lies the point I made Kevin got a lot of his notoriety from his brute sheer strength which is what I stated earlier along with good placings he was never IMO the best out there. In shape Flex wheeler was too much for Kevin and a 100% Phil vs 100% Kevin Phil edges him out

Last edited:
Idiotic ego lifting just to show off.

No one needs 2 reps sets to grow.

yeah, but at the end of the day he's still Kevin Levrone and you're still just "some guy." Let that sink in expert.

I don't understand all the negativity. It's not an ego lift, its Kevin Levrone being Kevin Levrone. He knows how to lift weights, no worry of injury, worry about yourselves. He cranked out those 2 reps with ease!!! It's silly to even question his ability when he hit those two reps like nothing.

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear