over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Libido/arousal issues and severe crashing after orgasm

gooby

Newbies
Hi all, posting on this forum as I found it on google and find there are a lot of people on here who are familiar with these sorts of issues. Hopefully you can help.

Long story short, 30 year old male. 5'11", 150lbs. Never used any anabolic steroids. Take hydrocortisone and DHEA daily for adrenal insufficiency. Had these issues prior to being on both HC and DHEA.

Lab work:
863ng/dl Total testosterone
138.1pg/mL Free Testosterone (35-155)
DHEA in the 150-200 range pre supplementation, now 350-400 on 100mg DHEA/day
Thyroids are good, urinary iodine is always severely low, even while supplementing. Strange.
Other than that, nothing remarkable.

Here's my issue. I have no issue getting hard when aroused. Often wake up with morning wood, and once I 'get going' I don't have issue. I've experiemented with tadalafil and sildenafil. They work when I am aroused. When I am not aroused, they don't do anything. If I consume cannabis I sometimes get a massive surge of libido and all issues go away. My issue is that a lot of the time I simply have no response sexually or mentally until I'm actively engaging in sex. I used to get rock hard if I hugged a woman when I was younger, now I've had extremely hot strippers on my lap and had zero response at times. I have experimented with various drugs and antidepressants, with no significant results. I.e. bupropion, selegiline, etc. However, the drug 'pramipexole' seemed to be the one that actually induced rock hard morning wood and somewhat of a libido, but had some side effects. The combination of pramipexole + some weed can turn me into someone who can't get rid of their erection, the opposite problem I normally have. High doses of zinc sometimes help. Eating a ton of raw oysters does the trick as well, yet I don't notice the same from high dose zinc supplementation.

I've developed a stack that works every time but at age 30 I don't really want to have to take a bunch of drugs to function sexually like I should. This includes low dose of pramipexole, weed, yohimbine hcl, phenibut, tadalafil. Sometimes one or two shots of alcohol can also help things, maybe due to the anxiety relieving factor.

Here's the other issue. After a few weeks of abstaining from ejaculation, things slowly improve. Then sometimes after ejaculating, I will go days, sometimes weeks while having literally zero libido. Morning wood disappears, and I feel dead inside, have really bad depression, fatigue, etc. I suspect I may have some rare illness called "Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome/POIS". I start feeling good in the 2-3 week after ejaculation range and typically that is when the cycle repeats itself. However, I don't notice all that much with prolactin lowering supplements or drugs, besides pramipexole. I also suffer from what I would categorize as melancholic depression.

Wet dreams barely cause symptoms, maybe 1/10th as significant as a normal orgasm.

This has put me in a weird spot where I am basically forced to abstain from sex or suffer the consequences of feeling like absolute trash after ejaculating. If I go multiple rounds, I could be laid up and useless for a week or two.

So basically, once sex starts, or she starts giving me head, I can get it up and have no issue performing. But the anticipation of sex is not having the response that it should. My T levels seem fine. I'm assuming this is depression/dopamine related? If anyone has any ideas, I would really appreciate your input. If there are any labs I should have done, let me know. Take care all.

Things change in general even from age 20 to age 30. a multitude of things can affect libido, and using drugs can help. But that can just be a bandage on the wound. Libido is probably at least 1/2 if not more about the mental side of things. Sounds more like some mental or emotional issues may be the reason for your symptoms.

There's a Prolactin spike post-orgasm and in some predisposed individuals with underlying issues this can actually cause very low mood indeed.
BUT this phenomenon is pretty short-lived and definitely does not last for days.
Asking the obvious here: is there any new concern of any kind in your life?

It could be from stress or the depression. Have you tested you estrogen? Also could be tied to prolactin so get tests for that too. Anti depressant meds also effect you negatively.

You're saying your useless after for weeks. Does this mean energy and motivation? Maybe some stimulants could help.

Most of us here use some sort of ED med for whatever reason so don't feel bad the ED med just give u a little help.

I wonder if the adrenal insufficiency has a main part in this. Have you thought about just getting TRT instead of the dhea?

I'd get a full hormone panel done. It's a guessing game right now. The dhea and cortisone could be the issue.

There's a Prolactin spike post-orgasm and in some predisposed individuals with underlying issues this can actually cause very low mood indeed.
BUT this phenomenon is pretty short-lived and definitely does not last for days.
Asking the obvious here: is there any new concern of any kind in your life?
Not particularly new. Just chronic depression and feeling unsuccessful in general.
It could be from stress or the depression. Have you tested you estrogen? Also could be tied to prolactin so get tests for that too. Anti depressant meds also effect you negatively.

You're saying your useless after for weeks. Does this mean energy and motivation? Maybe some stimulants could help.

Most of us here use some sort of ED med for whatever reason so don't feel bad the ED med just give u a little help.

I wonder if the adrenal insufficiency has a main part in this. Have you thought about just getting TRT instead of the dhea?
I have had estradiol tested, in both blood and saliva. Normal.
I will get a prolactin blood test.
I have never taken any SSRI's, and had all of these issues prior to ever trying any antidepressants.
Thanks. Aside from some mild side effects the ED meds work great.
I have had solid testosterone levels but low cortisol and slightly low DHEA for the last decade or so, and I got on HC + DHEA about 3 years ago with major improvements in my overall condition. I am open to the idea that maybe they are no longer appropriate for me, but I was struggling with severe fatigue and occasional fainting issues relating to the adrenal insufficiency, so I am reluctant to mess with much at this point, but I am open to anything.
I'd get a full hormone panel done. It's a guessing game right now. The dhea and cortisone could be the issue.
Thanks. I will do that at my next blood work. I had these issues prior to ever getting on either, and they did help me a lot overall. I put on about 20 lbs when I finally got on DHEA without doing anything different physically. I was severely underweight at that time, about 133 lbs at 5'11". It's all one big guessing game, indeed. I just wish I didn't have to be on drugs to be sexually charged and perform well.

Not particularly new. Just chronic depression and feeling unsuccessful in general.

I have had estradiol tested, in both blood and saliva. Normal.
I will get a prolactin blood test.
I have never taken any SSRI's, and had all of these issues prior to ever trying any antidepressants.
Thanks. Aside from some mild side effects the ED meds work great.
I have had solid testosterone levels but low cortisol and slightly low DHEA for the last decade or so, and I got on HC + DHEA about 3 years ago with major improvements in my overall condition. I am open to the idea that maybe they are no longer appropriate for me, but I was struggling with severe fatigue and occasional fainting issues relating to the adrenal insufficiency, so I am reluctant to mess with much at this point, but I am open to anything.

Thanks. I will do that at my next blood work. I had these issues prior to ever getting on either, and they did help me a lot overall. I put on about 20 lbs when I finally got on DHEA without doing anything different physically. I was severely underweight at that time, about 133 lbs at 5'11". It's all one big guessing game, indeed. I just wish I didn't have to be on drugs to be sexually charged and perform well.

DHEA could raise Estrogen, and Prolactin. Cortisone can raise Prolactin a hormone panel will tell you what's too high.

Personally I'd love to see Prolactin, SHBG, and Progesterone tested.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131