over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Life as a Vegetarian

My point is you don’t need meat to live but believe what you want eat what you want but don’t be ignorant and insult me and mine and others like me beliefs.
I think it’s disgusting and barbaric to eat meat if not needing to.

you say don't insult me about my beliefs then you call meat eaters barbaric in the same paragraph...:rolleyes:

honestly i don't care if someone wants to eat dogs or live off plankton. i just wanted to say to the thread starter, research the vegetarian diet first. you will need some supplements like B12. humans (unlike gorillas) are naturally omnivores and we do need certain nutrition that is hard to get without meats. so look into it. good luck

you say don't insult me about my beliefs then you call meat eaters barbaric in the same paragraph...:rolleyes:

honestly i don't care if someone wants to eat dogs or live off plankton. i just wanted to say to the thread starter, research the vegetarian diet first. you will need some supplements like B12. humans (unlike gorillas) are naturally omnivores and we do need certain nutrition that is hard to get without meats. so look into it. good luck

I agree. You should see my canine teeth. These F'ing things are definetly for tearing shreds of meat of bones! I searched the net and I mostly came up with vegetarian propaganda.... does anyone have a scientifically or medically backed study about whether or not humans are 'meant' or 'designed' to eat meat as well as vegetables etc, that is NOT biased, or connected to some lamo veggie site?

I agree. You should see my canine teeth. These F'ing things are definetly for tearing shreds of meat of bones! I searched the net and I mostly came up with vegetarian propaganda.... does anyone have a scientifically or medically backed study about whether or not humans are 'meant' or 'designed' to eat meat as well as vegetables etc, that is NOT biased, or connected to some lamo veggie site?

from an physiological/biological perspective we are defiantly omnivores who were meant to eat meat, any vegetarian site that tells you were as a species not supposed to eat meat or animal products is full or crap or its more healthy to be vegetarian also BS, humans need animal protein and fats

klowndog is talking from a moral perspective and not killing animals .that is different. it can be done in a healthy way as well in the way i described in my previous post. there is no need to kill any animal we can get our nutrients from other animal foods. i respect the moral argument because it comes from the heart but anyone that tries to play politics and propaganda saying were supposed to biologically be vegetarian with zero animal products or it is more healthy to eat zero animal products i don't agree with at all.

i'M NOT AGAINST KILLING ANIMALS FOR FOOD. hUNTING IS the way we were made into what we are. When you shoot a deer, it's fair game, he had a free life, grazed pastures in the sunshine, maybe got a shot or two at love, but a man or woman outwitted him and he got bagged. That's nature.

When you pack millions of birds in a barn, living in ther own shit, feed them their own shit and dead chicken corpses, and boil them alive, those birds lived their lives in HELL. They are a very special life and soul just like me, and it seems that they should have the god given right to live, laugh, and love, just as I was born into the world with those rights.

48 hrs with no meat, and feeling like a million bucks!

Honestly, mostly every day I wake up and look forward to grilling up some nice juicy steaks, maybe even ribs. Hell, sometimes I boil a lobster. Those PETA people are plain ol nuts. As previously said, they have a skewed view of the world. Its like those Code Pink ladies that cheer when US soldiers get killed. NUTS. I will keep eating steak, Id kill the animals myself. My great grandpa was a butcher, someones gotta do it.

Do they really? Explain to me why someone has to do it. The way I see it, no one has to do it.

If god didn't want us to kill animals he wouldn't have made them out of meat!!!

Well correct me if Im wrong but your mom is made out of meat too, is she not?

I did say that my point is that how i feel. I wasnt going to post that. i did because on how he worded his thoughts.
i could say more on that but i wont as im sure 99% of the bbrs on heare eat meat and well i dont need hate.

i agree with the b12 its a BIG think you need in diet without meat/fish.
i take a multi,B bomplex + 500mcg of sublugual B-12 just to be safe alonf with my other supps

i'M NOT AGAINST KILLING ANIMALS FOR FOOD. hUNTING IS the way we were made into what we are. When you shoot a deer, it's fair game, he had a free life, grazed pastures in the sunshine, maybe got a shot or two at love, but a man or woman outwitted him and he got bagged. That's nature.

When you pack millions of birds in a barn, living in ther own shit, feed them their own shit and dead chicken corpses, and boil them alive, those birds lived their lives in HELL. They are a very special life and soul just like me, and it seems that they should have the god given right to live, laugh, and love, just as I was born into the world with those rights.

48 hrs with no meat, and feeling like a million bucks!

that reminds me of something i heard a long time ago... i don't remember the details but some people from an african hunter gatherer tribe were brought to america. it was their first time in an industrialized nation. one thing i remember about the story was that they were totally sickened by the concept of raising animals to slaughter. in their culture if you raise an animal it is a pet and it is part of the family. so they saw ranchers as eating their family... its interesting, the different perspectives people have. for me its nothing to eat a chicken raised in these super-farms but i totally respect all the different views as long as people don't tell me mine are wrong. Jesus ate meat. i don't think Ghandi did...

juiced porkchop- i didn't mean to call you out. its all good man.:) good post on the supplements. check that out klowndog.

Redmeat is uber crap.

You better off Eating Fish as your main source and Chicken breast.

Story...

After my first year of teaching, I took advantage of the summer off and drove across the USA. It may surprise you, but there are people in our modern world that really don’t know what a vegetarian is. I stopped at a diner deep in the heart of cattle country, where healthy eating is trimming the fat off the steak and sopping the gravy with wheat bread instead of white. When I asked if they had any vegetarian dishes the waitress responded, “Oh sure! Turkey or chicken?”

I smiled politely, shook my head, and ordered what some of my friends call ‘rabbit food’ (a tossed salad). After a loud clanging of pots and pans, the waitress arrived at my table with a sheepish grin, “The cook tossed the salad alright - all over the floor.” Then she leaned in to whisper, “It’s probably better anyway. Most people around here don’t eat lettuce unless it’s on their burgers and I’m sure the stuff was a few days old.”

What’s a vegetarian to do? I was starving and the nearest town was 70-80 miles away. I searched the menu and found the “heart attack on a plate”-deep-fried mushrooms, onions, zucchini, okra... beer-battered whatever. Instead of these or a casket of fried mozzarella sticks (did I just say ‘casket’? Freudian slip), I was happy to choose mashed potatoes, homemade macaroni and cheese, and green bean casserole. Not a bad meal, I thought, as a few folks glanced my way from beneath John Deere caps and cowboy hats.

After eyeing this odd stranger for a bit, the waitress yelled across the counter, “You’re a veg’tarian? How come you don’t eat meat?” The room became silent. Eyes slowly lifted. Trigger fingers itched. My cautious response was heard by all: “I don’t eat meat because each time we ingest the flesh of a once living being, our souls slightly weaken, making it more difficult to achieve enlightenment.”

The waitress stared at me blankly, but I felt the booth behind me shake. “You saying I’m going to HELL because I eat MEAT?” I escaped thanks to the conveniently greasy floor between myself and a very large belt buckle. I realized on my way out that telling the full truth every time in every setting is NOT the best thing. I made a personal pact as I saw a small crowd of flannel shirts and cowboy boots through the dust in my rear-view mirror: to make my explanations for not eating meat fit the circumstances. My next opportunity came a few weeks later.

I was in northern California, home of the redwoods, Bigfoot, environmentalists and crusaders for legalizing marijuana. I had chosen a hip-looking café for lunch. After they saw my east coast license plates, an appropriately hip-looking group invited me to join them. This time I was prepared. “I’m a vegetarian because it bothers me that there are people starving to death while we waste 16 pounds of grain to make one pound of beef. Why not use those 16 pounds of grain to make 16 pounds of food?” I began to feel the warmth of admiration and continued with even more passion, “If Americans ate just 10% less meat, the amount of grain saved would feed the starving of the world.” The cool people with eyebrow rings and tattoos nodded with approval as they ordered veggie burgers and plates of steamed vegetables. I left this town high on hipness, surfing the sea of cool.

Sometimes, though, no matter what I say, no matter how many points I make, I am wrong. Wrong wrong wrong, dammit. Such a time came one evening, as I was having dinner with a friend and her buff, thick-haired, knows-everything-because-his-daddy’s-a-doctor, drives-a-BMW boyfriend. When my friend asked if I was still a vegetarian, I was laughed at and subjected to a lengthy tirade about what a complete imbecile I was. After my usual brief explanations were shot down, I had heard enough. I began MY tirade…

“You need to eat meat because you’re a serious athlete? The strongest animals in the world - elephants and gorillas to name but two - are herbivores. Studies have shown that most people eat too much protein and this blocks the body’s absorption of vitamins and minerals. All amino acids can be supplied by plant sources alone and fiber comes only from plants. A vegetarian diet isn’t healthy?” I picked up speed. “Vegetarians are less likely to form kidney or gall stones, have lower risk of getting osteoporosis, have drastically lower blood pressure, lower cholesterol and almost no heart disease. Cancer death rates for vegetarians are one-half to three-quarters of those of non-vegetarians. The most respected oncologist in my town is a vegetarian and raised his children that way. Hmmm… I wonder why? Maybe he’s just not all that educated on the subject...”

To my surprise, a young woman sitting behind us interrupted me: “I’m sorry, but I couldn’t help overhearing your conversation. I just published an article on chicken farms and the beef industry. If you saw how disgusting and unsanitary things are, if you had any compassion whatsoever for animals, you’d never eat flesh foods again.”

I think Mr. Studmuffin was overwhelmed by all the reasons not to eat meat, but he wasn’t giving up. He tried another angle. “But what do you eat? There’s really nothing but salad and vegetables.” He continued in a condescending, belittling manner, “What would you do at business or social functions if you don’t eat meat? Or you’re on the road and in a hurry?” He looked at me as though I must not get out much.

“Nothing to eat?” It was my turn for condescension. I smiled sympathetically. “The variety of foods is limited only by one’s lack of creativity.” I began speaking quickly with little pause between sentences. I was inspired.

“Let’s start with Italian. Any kind of pasta will work. On pizza you have onions, peppers, tomatoes, mushrooms, olives, pineapple... you name it. Mexican-there’s nothing better than a free bowl of warm tortilla chips and salsa while I wait for my bean burrito, cheese and onion enchilada, refried beans, and Spanish rice. Chinese? Vegetable Lo Mien, vegetable stir-fries--broccoli, snap peas, leeks, carrots, those tiny corn cobbies served over rice... even egg rolls. Oh, and don’t forget Indian restaurants.

“But if I have a meeting in a good old hot dogs, apple pie establishment? Hmmm… I love grilled cheese and tomato sandwiches. And soup... do I love soup! Tomato, broccoli and cheese, corn chowder, cream of potato, vegetable rice, minestrone, vegetarian split pea...

“You can order a submarine sandwich - or ‘grinder’ if you live in the northeast - and fill it with lettuce, tomatoes, peppers, mushrooms, cucumbers, carrots and olives. You can completely forget that you used to put a slice of meat on the thing.

“You’ve got breads and grains in general. You’ve got hummus, peanut butter, nuts, legumes... sorbet, frozen yogurt, watermelon, bananas, strawberries… I shouldn’t mention some foods but I will: chocolate, cinnamon rolls, donuts, ice cream, potato chips, biscuits, baklava, cheesecake, pudding…

“While we’re on the subject of deadly foods, what options does a vegetarian have in fast food restaurants other than french fries and salad? Veggie Whoppers and grilled cheese are on some Burger King menus. McDonald’s cheeseburgers are actually quite good without the meat. Wendy’s offers vegetable pitas and baked potatoes. Kentucky Fried Chicken has corn-on-the-cob, mashed potatoes, green beans, and excellent potato wedges. You can order Taco Bell bean burritos, rice, and Nachos Supreme or Mexican Pizza without the meat.

“And if you can’t live your life without the taste of meat, vegetarian ‘meats’ now taste so much like the real thing you’d be hard-pressed to tell the difference. Chicken patties, chicken nuggets, hamburger patties, ham and cheese rolls, sausage, bacon, hot dogs - you actually know what’s in the veggie ones - and more.”

By the time I’d finished, I had an audience begging for more and a BMW guy openmouthed and speechless. I left the premises amongst applause and with the satisfaction of knowing that another opinionated butt-wipe has been set straight by my brilliance.

My mother-in-law (notice the transitional element) is annually offended that we don’t eat her slaved-over-for-hours Thanksgiving turkey. She has often chided me for raising my children as vegetarians. “You should let them eat right until they are old enough to decide on their own.” My response is that I wholeheartedly agree! When my children are old enough to increase their chances for disease by choosing less healthy foods, they can do so. Until then, I have the responsibility of providing them with their best chance for good health.

I’ll admit that before switching some ten years ago, I thought that being a vegetarian meant I would eat only salads, tofu, fruits, and bread. I thought that I would die of meat-withdrawal symptoms, quickly tire of leafy green vegetables and go crazy as I fruitlessly (no pun intended) search for places to eat. On the contrary, I’ve found that it’s actually quite easy to simply not add meat to my meals.

And if you’re ever deep in the heart of cattle country and you find yourself waist-deep in cowboy boots and belt buckles, remember the lessons learned; cater your answer to those around you. “My mother died just last year from eating bad meat, OK?” And then cry. Crying while mentioning your mother ALWAYS does the trick!

Rob Daugherty has managed to live an active lifestyle for the last ten years as a vegetarian despite dire warnings from the neighbors and in-laws. As much as he tries to eat perfectly he still has a weakness for pineapple and onion pizza and Reese’s Peanut Butter cups. For more humor and enlightenment, check out Rob’s short stories on his two sites www.manlythoughts.com and www.hypnosite.com

I like vegetarian foods and feel more comfortable with vegetarian foods.
These foods are more healthy and good for the fitness.
They play an important role for controlling cholesterol level and burning fat.

klowndog if morally you really feel that way do it, you do not need meat to survive or even to get massive muscles if that is your thing . you can get just as big without any meat at all. eggs and raw dairy products are some of the best muscle building food there is. you do not need meat. i am not sure of your stance of fish but if you want to include fish in there to there is a another great source of animal protein and fats.

we do need animal protein and fats but eggs and raw dairy products give you what you need without eating meat. a lot of the meat so low quality anyways so you are probably doing yourself a favor anyways. if your going to go for the dairy though make sure it is raw because pasteurized dairy is junk food. the great thing about dairy and eggs is nothing dies. they are perfect foods in the way . the animals give them to you and there is no death at all. even we plants we kill the plant, eggs and dairy no dying. same with raw honey products. the animals just give them to you. if they animals are treated well then from a moralistic standpoint you cannot do any better. everyone should have the choice and if you feel that you don't want to eat anything that was killed don't let anyone tell you that is the wrong way to feel. at the same time people should be free to eat meat if they want as well. peta does go to far as it was up to them they would force people to do what they want. it is a personal choice no one should dictate it to you

Eggs are SUPPOSED to be living if you didn't MURDER the embryo inside that shell. ALSO, that cows milk is SUPPOSED to be for her calves. So basically you may not be a murderer (if your pro abortion), but your a thief.

See how that moral high ground works?

Eggs are SUPPOSED to be living if you didn't MURDER the embryo inside that shell. ALSO, that cows milk is SUPPOSED to be for her calves. So basically you may not be a murderer (if your pro abortion), but your a thief.

See how that moral high ground works?

You are a moron, eggs are UN-fertilized

^ Your right most commercialized eggs are un-fertilized. I stand corrected on that point. The point, regardless of that error, is that vegans/vegetarians have no right to try to take ANY moral high ground, just like I wouldn't attempt to pursuade them of the health consequences of their actions. I don't see meat eaters throwing sausage down vegans throats. See plenty of outrageous shit out of the other side don't we?

^ Your right most commercialized eggs are un-fertilized. I stand corrected on that point. The point, regardless of that error, is that vegans/vegetarians have no right to try to take ANY moral high ground, just like I wouldn't attempt to pursuade them of the health consequences of their actions. I don't see meat eaters throwing sausage down vegans throats. See plenty of outrageous shit out of the other side don't we?

Doesnt sound like you are loving or learning. There is NOTHING unhealthy about eating a plant based diet. On the other hand the research for animal protein causing a myriad of problems in the human body is monumental.

As a vegetarian myself, we get tons of shit from uneducated people like yourself. The bottom line is we cannot sustain the population growth on this planet and continue to slaughter animals for our gluttonous pleasure. We feed our beef cattle enough grain to feed the entire world yet around 16,000 children die every day on this planet due to hunger.

Sure i love a big ass hamburger...i love smoking meth too but i dont do it because its bad for me, my family, my life, my country and my planet.

Time to rise about cavemen dont ya think

Doesnt sound like you are loving or learning. There is NOTHING unhealthy about eating a plant based diet. On the other hand the research for animal protein causing a myriad of problems in the human body is monumental.

As a vegetarian myself, we get tons of shit from uneducated people like yourself. The bottom line is we cannot sustain the population growth on this planet and continue to slaughter animals for our gluttonous pleasure. We feed our beef cattle enough grain to feed the entire world yet around 16,000 children die every day on this planet due to hunger.

Sure i love a big ass hamburger...i love smoking meth too but i dont do it because its bad for me, my family, my life, my country and my planet.

Time to rise about cavemen dont ya think

That's not why there are hungry/starving people in this world, and I hope I am misreading that comment as being such. That is an asinine comment with absolutely no truth if that's what you're implying. The reason there are hungry/starving people in this world is simple, greed. People want for themselves and won't help others out. We don't have to cut back on eating meat at all and there will still be plenty of food. We are people of waste, we throw out propably 30% of all of our food. This includes meats, veggies, fruits and grains. So, keep eating meat, but eat what you NEED and don't be wasteful, simple as that

That's not why there are hungry/starving people in this world, and I hope I am misreading that comment as being such. That is an asinine comment with absolutely no truth if that's what you're implying. The reason there are hungry/starving people in this world is simple, greed. People want for themselves and won't help others out. We don't have to cut back on eating meat at all and there will still be plenty of food. We are people of waste, we throw out propably 30% of all of our food. This includes meats, veggies, fruits and grains. So, keep eating meat, but eat what you NEED and don't be wasteful, simple as that

Did i say that is why people are dieing? No, i said we feed our beer cattle enough grain to feed the entire planet, which is true.

Within 200 years most developed countries will have evolved past the point of meat being a main part of human diet. Animal protein in more than about 5% of the diet will eventually kill you can the research is ALL OVER THE PLACE TO PROVE IT.

Dont try to rationalize why its ok to eat meat. Its not healthy for humans or the planet.

"help yourself to a fckin science book cause youre talking like a goddamn retard"...pissed off redneck south park

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity