over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Life extension, longevity etc...

These all look good. I just gotta figure out the best methods to sequence, combine, and cycle.

You guys have anything to say about Tocotrienols? There are many related variations of what we call Vitamin E, and there was politics involved with the whole Vitamin E thing. You guys should look into it a little bit. I mean, what forces came into play, such that, we think that this one form called "Vitamin E" is so important, when there are so many variations with studied effects?

Anyways, I'm still integrating the information.

These all look good. I just gotta figure out the best methods to sequence, combine, and cycle.

You guys have anything to say about Tocotrienols? There are many related

TOCO-8 - Study claims 42% hair growth in 5 months Here is the actual study United States Patent 7211274 **broken link removed** Effect Of Tocotrienol Supplementation On Hair Growth Study Design A randomized, double blind, placebo-controlled two groups parallel study was conducted to compare the effect of a mixture of tocotrienols, comprising α-, γ-, and δ-tocotrienols and alpha-tocopherol, with placebo on hair growth. All volunteers were randomized to receive one capsule comprising either (i) a mixture of tocotrienols and alpha-tocopheral, or (ii) a placebo, twice daily after food over a period of at least 5 months. They were seen for an efficacy evaluation every month throughout the study. The control was a placebo capsule containing 600 mg of soya bean oil, and the tocotrienol formulation consisted of capsules containing a mixture of about 50 mg of tocotrienols and about 23 i.u. alpha-tocopherol. The entire study took 15 months for completion. Although the preferred embodiment of the formulation is in the form of soft gelatin capsule, other oral pharmaceutical dosage forms are not excluded. The preferred dosage range of tocotrienols for oral consumption is from about 20 mg to about 1500 mg/day. The formulation may also be applied topically and may be in the form of a cream, a lotion, an ointment, a gel, a liquid, or any other topical form. The concentration of tocotrienols used in the topical formulation is about 1.0%, and the minimum concentration of tocotrienols in any formulation is about 0.1%. Inclusion Criteria Volunteers of 15 years of age or older and in good general health were recruited into the study. Alopecia must have present for least 2 months and the areas alopecia must not have any visual evidence of new hair growth. Volunteers previously exposed to minoxidil were ineligible to participate in the study, as were patients who have used hair-restorers or systemic drugs like steroids, antihypertensives, cytotoxic compounds, vasodilators, anticonvulsant drugs, β-blockers, spironolactone, cimetidine, ketoconazole, estrogens or progesterons within the previous three months. Patients experiencing hair loss due to thyroid disease, adverse drug reactions, scalp or hair trauma, structural hair shaft abnormalities and lichen planus were excluded from the study. thereafter during the study. Only the terminal hair growth was recorded and analyzed. Results of Hair Growth Studies Nineteen patients (14 men and 5 women) entered the study and completed at least the first 5 months of therapy. Their ages ranged from 23 to 59 years. The mean duration of current alopecia episode was approximately 5 years. The extent of alopecia was as follows: less than 25%, 6 patients; 25 49%, 8 patients; 50 74%, 4 patients; 75 99%, 1 patient. Eleven volunteers were randomized to receive the tocotrienol formulation supplementation while 8 volunteers were in the placebo group. Comparability of the treatment groups with respect to initial hair counts as well as the weight of hair was assessed. No statistically significant difference between treatment groups was detected for any of the above characteristics. At the end of the supplementation period, all volunteers in the tocotrienol formulation group had positive results, recording an increase in the number of hairs in the evaluation area. Seven volunteers (64%) showed regrowth of between 10 35% while 3 volunteers (27%) had 50% or greater regrowth. One volunteer had regrowth of more than 100%. The mean percentage of increase in the number of hairs is 42.4±40.9% (mean±SD). (Table 1 and FIG. 1). The increase is statistically significant (p<0.05) when analyzed using paired sample t-test. On the other hand, of the total eight volunteers in the placebo group, two showed hair regrowth, two had hair loss while the other four did not show any significant changes in the number of hairs. The mean percentage of increase was 1.4±13.8%. No statistically significant difference (p>0.05) in the number of hairs was detected between baseline and post-supplementation, thus indicating that the placebo effect did not occur during this study. The above-mentioned studies therefore indicate that supplementation with a formulation comprising a mixture of tocotrienol, alpha-tocopherol and pharmaceutically acceptable excipient appears to promote hair growth and increase the number of hair in persons experiencing hair loss.

These are my favorite threads. Alot if great info here!

You guys have anything to say about Tocotrienols? There are many related variations of what we call Vitamin E, and there was politics involved with the whole Vitamin E thing. You guys should look into it a little bit. I mean, what forces came into play, such that, we think that this one form called "Vitamin E" is so important, when there are so many variations with studied effects?

Anyways, I'm still integrating the information.

I have been talking about Tocotrienols forever and posting up lots of info about them...just search this board. Forget alpha tocopherol or mixed tocopherols....we want tocotrienols and gamma-tocopherol.

I have been talking about Tocotrienols forever and posting up lots of info about them...just search this board. Forget alpha tocopherol or mixed tocopherols....we want tocotrienols and gamma-tocopherol.

Whats the brand you found? the Jarrow Toco sorb?

Knight, I should have figured. I've seen a lot of your posts. Normally I just take your standard advice and do a search first.

Whats the brand you found? the Jarrow Toco sorb?
Jarrow Toco-Sorb or Jarrow Famil-E.
Red Palm Oil
There was a Palm Fruit product that Matt Porter used to recommend, but I personally think it was a bit over-priced.

Knight, I should have figured. I've seen a lot of your posts. Normally I just take your standard advice and do a search first.
I certainly did not mean it in a dick-like manner! I just posted a ton of info on a thread in the past and wanted to alert you to where it all was.

I could feel your tone. No offense taken. Like I said, I've read you before and can tell when you take a harsh tone. I was just giving out some respect, and I'm looking up that info.

Jarrow Toco-Sorb or Jarrow Famil-E.
Red Palm Oil
There was a Palm Fruit product that Matt Porter used to recommend, but I personally think it was a bit over-priced.

I certainly did not mean it in a dick-like manner! I just posted a ton of info on a thread in the past and wanted to alert you to where it all was.

toco-sorb with RPO?
or a combination of those three? or either one independently.

I remember the palm fruit one, found it 70% off at vitamin shoppe last year bought 5. way over priced.

toco-sorb with RPO?
or a combination of those three? or either one independently.

I remember the palm fruit one, found it 70% off at vitamin shoppe last year bought 5. way over priced.
I usually switch back and forth between Toco sorb and Famil-E...one bottle at a time. Red palm oil I try to use in my diet for health reasons.. (it's also a source of tocotrienols).

I usually switch back and forth between Toco sorb and Famil-E...one bottle at a time. Red palm oil I try to use in my diet for health reasons.. (it's also a source of tocotrienols).

gotcha, I use RPO already.

BUMP for this thread - this is the only stuff I like reading about now!

I wanted to bump this and maybe get it re-ignited since some of us might have much more to add since this thread was near the top. This is one of the all time great threads I remember on this board.

Longevity & Life Extension

Aloha Knight9,

Mahalo's for "kick starting" this thread. It was a favorite of mine for sure!

I'd like to start with the premise that, what ever we put in our bodies, it is key that our internal systems are functioning properly, and equally important, if not more so, optimally functioning!

I'd like to expound on the idea that "Longevity & Life Extension" is also based on our "genetic lineage" as well. Yes, there have been some great advances, methods, and techniques for enhancing our genetic profiles as of late, and yet, some of these techniques have been around for thousands of years.

There are some common beliefs from various cultures around the world that address "Longevity & Life Extension". In particular the ancient
"Taoist's" were obsessed with seeking a longer life, which they referred to as
"Immortality".

The "Path of Immortality" consisted of many components:
-herbs-
-various martial arts practices-
-breathing exercises-
-eating foods in accordance to the seasons-
-Qi Gong-
-acupuncture-
-fasting-
-eating specific wild animals-
-minimal sex-
-specific exercises to restore diminished Qi (energy)-
-healing sounds-
-massage to heal and invigorate the body, mind, and spirit (Tui Na)-
-internal organ massage (Chi Nei Tsang)-

The Chinese and Taoist system stands alone in their record keeping and details over the course of thousands of years. It is the oldest and most comprehensive system in the world.

The Ayurvedic system from India has it's own system of "Life Extension & Longevity", and with a number of similarities too.

When I think of "Longevity and Life Extension", I now look at each individual microcosm from practices that have existed for thousands of years, research and implement the ones that suit my current needs, listen and observe my body, mind, and spirit, make changes as needed, and according to the seasons.

Training, supplements, and food are but a small part of the vast macrocosm that I am.

A hui ho,
V

Aloha Knight9,

Mahalo's for "kick starting" this thread. It was a favorite of mine for sure!

I'd like to start with the premise that, what ever we put in our bodies, it is key that our internal systems are functioning properly, and equally important, if not more so, optimally functioning!

I'd like to expound on the idea that "Longevity & Life Extension" is also based on our "genetic lineage" as well. Yes, there have been some great advances, methods, and techniques for enhancing our genetic profiles as of late, and yet, some of these techniques have been around for thousands of years.

There are some common beliefs from various cultures around the world that address "Longevity & Life Extension". In particular the ancient
"Taoist's" were obsessed with seeking a longer life, which they referred to as
"Immortality".

The "Path of Immortality" consisted of many components:
-herbs-
-various martial arts practices-
-breathing exercises-
-eating foods in accordance to the seasons-
-Qi Gong-
-acupuncture-
-fasting-
-eating specific wild animals-
-minimal sex-
-specific exercises to restore diminished Qi (energy)-
-healing sounds-
-massage to heal and invigorate the body, mind, and spirit (Tui Na)-
-internal organ massage (Chi Nei Tsang)-

The Chinese and Taoist system stands alone in their record keeping and details over the course of thousands of years. It is the oldest and most comprehensive system in the world.

The Ayurvedic system from India has it's own system of "Life Extension & Longevity", and with a number of similarities too.

When I think of "Longevity and Life Extension", I now look at each individual microcosm from practices that have existed for thousands of years, research and implement the ones that suit my current needs, listen and observe my body, mind, and spirit, make changes as needed, and according to the seasons.

Training, supplements, and food are but a small part of the vast macrocosm that I am.

A hui ho,
V

I've studied this stuff all my life...been in the "soft" martial arts for a long time.

The one common thread I've noticed throughout all the different cultures is the emphasis on breath.

Chi, prayna, ki......it's all the same. Everything is composed of energy. Training the breath and building a "reservoir" so to speak is always key.

The Asians believed in using breath to direct this energy in "loops" around the body. They even believed they could clean the blood and marrow....plenty of old books on this.

Creating the grand loop and attaining enlightenment was the goal.

The same with India.....use the breath to open the chakras in a certain order to awaken the kundalini or coiled serpent that sits at the base of the spine...which rises to the crown and that is how they see that you reach enlightenment.

All of these exercises and practices were originally formed to extend longevity so that you could reach the enlightened state as it took years of training.

The Yellow Emperor's Classic of Internal Medicine is a great read on one of the oldest books on Eastern medicine that actually identified the major meridians of the organs and how to cleanse them.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Aloha,

rmtt, I too have been studying, and practicing the Asian arts for most of my life. Starting meditating in 1973 and added a yoga practice. I've always been drawn to the ancient healing arts!

Yes, the "Yellow Emperor's Classic" set a standard that is followed to this day. The scope and depth of the work is unparalleled, IMHO.

The "Breath of Life" - without it we would not exist in this human form. However, we, as you implied, are much more than our human forms. We are bodies of energy, (Prana, Ki, Qi, Chakras', Kundalini) we have a negative and positive charge. We are as Carl Sagan stated, "Made up of star stuff, protons, neutrons, electrons, atoms, molecules".

I don't want to get to esoteric, however our entire body; energetic, muscles, bones, blood, organs, skin, brain, etc, etc, are in constant flux, and in need of a variety methodologies in order to have optimal health, physically, mentally, and spiritually.

Through researching, journeying, practicing, and "waking up", we can determine which pieces of the microcosm will fit into our own macrocosm for life extension and longevity.

A hui ho,
V

Aloha,

rmtt, I too have been studying, and practicing the Asian arts for most of my life. Starting meditating in 1973 and added a yoga practice. I've always been drawn to the ancient healing arts!

Yes, the "Yellow Emperor's Classic" set a standard that is followed to this day. The scope and depth of the work is unparalleled, IMHO.

The "Breath of Life" - without it we would not exist in this human form. However, we, as you implied, are much more than our human forms. We are bodies of energy, (Prana, Ki, Qi, Chakras', Kundalini) we have a negative and positive charge. We are as Carl Sagan stated, "Made up of star stuff, protons, neutrons, electrons, atoms, molecules".

I don't want to get to esoteric, however our entire body; energetic, muscles, bones, blood, organs, skin, brain, etc, etc, are in constant flux, and in need of a variety methodologies in order to have optimal health, physically, mentally, and spiritually.

Through researching, journeying, practicing, and "waking up", we can determine which pieces of the microcosm will fit into our own macrocosm for life extension and longevity.

A hui ho,
V
Exactly.

It took me the longest time to learn the most simplistic rule of most of these practices....where the breath is directed....the energy follows.

We spent so much time in meditation just focusing on the Tan Tian (center right below the belly button). Most of my instructors rarely said much for explanation...but I guess it's something you do by following. When we would move to a different exercise, he would give us just enough information to continue.

Later came the standing/moving exercises where you would learn to correlate the breath with the movement.

Then sensitivity drills such as "Push Hands" where you would learn to feel the energy of others. Nothing mystical...but you could feel their intent on what they were going to do.

This we Tai Chi. I actually practiced Wing Chun as well and they had a similar practice...chi sau "sticky hands".

I actually read once that a few Pto Football teams brought in a person to teach Chi Sau to their offensive line guys as the forearms were so heavily relied on to feel the intent of the guy they were blocking and that this helped them read it quicker.

I've finally found Aikido....and been with it the last 15+ years.

Its funny....I went from circular styles to a linear style, and ended back up in a circular style!

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Anyone using an NAD+ supplement? Thoughts?

Have been taking Niagen for several years now and I remember having an increased sense of well-being and deeper sleep. But has been so long now I would have to come off to see if that's still true, lol. Have been a fan of Live Cell Research's products. Also pick up Midogen and LA-3 when there are deals.

Anyone using an NAD+ supplement? Thoughts?

Have been taking Niagen for several years now and I remember having an increased sense of well-being and deeper sleep. But has been so long now I would have to come off to see if that's still true, lol. Have been a fan of Live Cell Research's products. Also pick up Midogen and LA-3 when there are deals.

I'm on the verge of adding NAD+ along with Pterostilbene and PQQ.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rpsly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws