YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Life hack - I buy razor blades once a year.

tkav1980

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I saw the electric razor thread and thought I’d post up a little life hack for guys that use regular cartridges. I buy 1 4 pack per year and my wife uses 2 of them.
I own way too many knives, and I keep them all sharp enough to shave with. Hell, I do the same with my axes.
Your razor is a small chisel grind knife and you can treat it like one. As soon as you notice it pulling rather than making a smooth clean cut, stop and rinse your razor.
Next your going to strop it. This polishes the blade and refined the edge just like a barber with a straight razor. Take the wet blade and run it down your forearm in the opposite of the cutting direction 20 to 50 times depending on the degree of dulling and it’ll feel like it’s brand new.
after about 6 months of use you’ll develop a burr on the back end that you can get rid of so when this sharpening stops working it when you change the cartridge.
for me, a single cartridge lasts 6 months.

I used to collect and restore straight razors and there are little tricks you can use. Denim or newspaper would probably be a little more effective. You can do this with double edge blades, as well. Some guys also 'cork' them, which is essentially a version of stropping where you run the edge of your double edge blade along a piece of cork to remove the burr and realign the edge

That's definitely a way to pinch pennies lol Double edge blades last far longer and are much less expensive to begin with, so I don't fool around with cartridges much

I used to collect and restore straight razors and there are little tricks you can use. Denim or newspaper would probably be a little more effective. You can do this with double edge blades, as well. Some guys also 'cork' them, which is essentially a version of stropping where you run the edge of your double edge blade along a piece of cork to remove the burr and realign the edge

That's definitely a way to pinch pennies lol Double edge blades last far longer and are much less expensive to begin with, so I don't fool around with cartridges much
It’s funny, I learned about this maybe 15 or so years ago when I really had to pinch pennies. I was making something like $35k a year managing a restaurant and was completely broke.
Now, it’s still one of those things I hate spending money on. I hate shaving but can’t grow a decent beard so it’s a necessary evil.

The burr in the knife world as I knew it was referred to as a ‘wire edge’ which ya’ll said can be removed. Very cool ways you mention. Tx. When I used a double edged razor I just turner it over. I just learned something. I remember guy who lived on a deserted island and he would run his double edged blade around the inside of a glass jar to strop it, remove the wire edge. I have never tried these other methods mentioned because I bleed like a stuck pig when I use a double edged razor no matter how well I prepared my skin 🙁. Harry’s solved this problem. Rarely a nick or scratch. Goodbye Drysol, a trick I learned from my Dermatologist. Instant clotting.

This is one of those days where quoting doesn´t work...I hope you see this alfresco, what type of product is Harry´s? Is it a razor blade? I completely understand the double edged razor situation since I tend to have the same problem, couple it with very sensitive skin and I´m always left with a slight burning sensation after shaving, I do enjoy the experience though but leave it to Sunday mornings for convenience. If you want the baby bottom skin whilst minimizing risks and burn, shaving with an electric shaver first and then finishing off with the razor is a good solution.

When the world ends and I need to keep my knives sharp to start hacking into human flesh for survival, I'll come hang out with you.

But that shit is too much work in a modernized world, and I will continue to stick with my Fushion5:ROFLMAO:

This is one of those days where quoting doesn´t work...I hope you see this alfresco, what type of product is Harry´s? Is it a razor blade? I completely understand the double edged razor situation since I tend to have the same problem, couple it with very sensitive skin and I´m always left with a slight burning sensation after shaving, I do enjoy the experience though but leave it to Sunday mornings for convenience. If you want the baby bottom skin whilst minimizing risks and burn, shaving with an electric shaver first and then finishing off with the razor is a good solution.

Yes, I agree, electric first, than a blade. With a double edged razor or one of the rip-off multi blade razors is to have a few days growth for the razor to latch on to.
My experience.

Harry’s, not being lazy, just Google it. I buy my blades and foam (the best) from Amazon as much as I dislike giving them my money.

Ok, I take it Harry´s is a razor blade, how would you compare it to the likes of similar products from Schick or Gilette? And which one would you use for manscaping? I´m currently using a Gilette Blue II for that endeavour but would like to know it there´s anything better/safer given the sensitive nature of the area.

Ok, I take it Harry´s is a razor blade, how would you compare it to the likes of similar products from Schick or Gilette? And which one would you use for manscaping? I´m currently using a Gilette Blue II for that endeavour but would like to know it there´s anything better/safer given the sensitive nature of the area.

Harry's.

The best bladed razer I have ever used. Hands down. You can really feel
the difference in comfort and closeness. Sensitive areas, no problem.
And no blood.

I have never used the Manscape products.

Alfresco, you can absolutely sharpen a knife on a coffee cup or on the edge of your rolled down car window. Not from completely dull, but from pretty bad.
Hey Sucknuts,
Fun fact, Gillette almost went out of business during, I believe, WWI. This was due to all the men being off fighting a war and sales plummeting. They started an ad campaign encouraging women to shave their arm pits and legs and it saved the business. If you like your women shaved, you can thank Gillette.
It’s weird to think before the early 1900’s women were just as hairy on their bodies as men for the most part.

FYI if you delete the emoticons from the quoted text before posting it will go through fine.

Alfresco, you can absolutely sharpen a knife on a coffee cup or on the edge of your rolled down car window. Not from completely dull, but from pretty bad.
Hey Sucknuts,
Fun fact, Gillette almost went out of business during, I believe, WWI. This was due to all the men being off fighting a war and sales plummeting. They started an ad campaign encouraging women to shave their arm pits and legs and it saved the business. If you like your women shaved, you can thank Gillette.
It’s weird to think before the early 1900’s women were just as hairy on their bodies as men for the most part.
Wrong.

If you're going to tell someone they're wrong put the explanation with it. One word answers look like you're just trying to up your post count which won't get you anywhere in the long run!

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bradyfan127
NapsGear