over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Lifting Belt.

Johnny Ringo

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Do you use a Belt and what is a good brand/type?

Heavy Squats and Heavy Deads.... APT makes some great belts...

I find that when doing heavy squats and deads a belt is crucial. Schiek, Inzer, Everlast, APT, etc all have excellent belts. You need to find one thats suits you and your budget.:cool:

I splurged on a 2-prong 10mm Forever Belt from Inzer and I couldn't be happier. It's a fantastic belt.

I splurged on a 2-prong 10mm Forever Belt from Inzer and I couldn't be happier. It's a fantastic belt.

I have the Inzer Forever belt single prong 13mm belt and absolutely love it...the 10mm was a little too thin so it dug into me too much. Took some breaking in but had it for about 2 years now and that thing isnt going anywhere...unless i lose it or its stolen its going to live up to its name and last FOREVER!

as said by others

no one makes a better belt than inzer. i personally use their new power ratchet belt.

I'm only deadlifting 2x my body weight and squatting 1.5x so I really haven't found any need for a belt or wraps to date. I keep hoping.

Yeah I only use a belt when the weight starts gettin real heavy. Question for yall, does anyone use knee wraps while doing squats or even leg press. I was wondering if i should invest in some to keep the knees healthy so i can walk 20 yrs from now haha!

Yeah I only use a belt when the weight starts gettin real heavy. Question for yall, does anyone use knee wraps while doing squats or even leg press. I was wondering if i should invest in some to keep the knees healthy so i can walk 20 yrs from now haha!

Never use a belt, but same as other poster have not been squatting more than 2 times my bodyweight.

Just started wearing knee sleeves from ATP and have noticed a big difference in how my knees feel.

If you buy anything from ATP(belt for OP or knee sleeve) use the 2free code. Just put 2free in the coupon code to get 15% off AND a free pair of wrist wraps and lifting straps.

I'm only deadlifting 2x my body weight and squatting 1.5x so I really haven't found any need for a belt or wraps to date. I keep hoping.

IMO "finding you need" a belt is equal to wishing you were wearing a motorcycle helmet as the bike slips out from under you and a tree approaches your head. Most of the time, a belt is not needed but if you even need it (say your doing a lift and you say "wow. I really need the belt right now") and your not wearing it, then its too late. When I was younger, I wore a motorcycle helmet all the time. I only "needed it" once, but if it wasnt there when I needed it I might not be here posting this today. (dirtbike in the woods, not a street bike)

Better to be safe than sorry, and wear a belt.

"my 2 cents"

Never use a belt, but same as other poster have not been squatting more than 2 times my bodyweight.

Just started wearing knee sleeves from ATP and have noticed a big difference in how my knees feel.

If you buy anything from ATP(belt for OP or knee sleeve) use the 2free code. Just put 2free in the coupon code to get 15% off AND a free pair of wrist wraps and lifting straps.

ill have to look into that. good find. thanks!

peace. love. bigduff.

Yep. I got mine from APT. He's a board sponsor. I don't live to far from the warehouse so I decided to go and browse around in there. If any of you live in VA and are looking for any equipment I suggest going, they do have store hours. I picked up a new belt and some wrist wraps. Alan(the owner) wasn't there at the time, but the employees were really helpful and very nice. They did call him while I was there and he threw in some freebies for me! APT has great prices and quality equipment.

IMO "finding you need" a belt is equal to wishing you were wearing a motorcycle helmet as the bike slips out from under you and a tree approaches your head. Most of the time, a belt is not needed but if you even need it (say your doing a lift and you say "wow. I really need the belt right now") and your not wearing it, then its too late. When I was younger, I wore a motorcycle helmet all the time. I only "needed it" once, but if it wasnt there when I needed it I might not be here posting this today. (dirtbike in the woods, not a street bike)

Better to be safe than sorry, and wear a belt.

"my 2 cents"

I'm going to have to disagree. While a belt certainly lets you lift more because you can push the stomach out against it I would argue that building your core strength without a belt is a far better way of avoiding injury overall.

I'm going to have to disagree. While a belt certainly lets you lift more because you can push the stomach out against it I would argue that building your core strength without a belt is a far better way of avoiding injury overall.

I've heard this before..when I wear a belt my abs are much more sore the next day and I just feel like I got a better workout..do you have any studies to back up belts would use less core strength?

i guess i am going against the grain, but i use one of the power belts made by elitefts. got it on sale and it's been awesome.

I had a cheap belt and it was garbage, I wore it twice. I now have an APT sinngle prong and love it, great support for heavy deads and squats yet it is also comfortable.

I do and don't believe in a belt, it's like this:
On my heavy day I use my belt, I feel better with it there.
On my moderate days I don't use a belt so as to help develope "the core strength".

I recently switched to lifting 3 days a week, I used to do each body part just once. Now I lift moderate weights one day in the 12 rep range followed by a day off then light weights but different exercises to hit the muscles a different way and the 15 rep range for endurance then 2 days off followed by my heavy day.

I don't use knee wraps yet as I feel no need for them (only squatting 575) at this time after a year of training. I do like the knee sleeves as a measure of support and precaution. Perhaps when I go a bit heavier I'll try wraps instead.

BTW, Alan and APT are GREAT to deal with.

Any updates for a good belt for heavy deads and squats?

I have a 13mm belt from both inzer and elitefts (had to get a bigger one). If you put them side by side, you cannot tell them apart. They are EXACTLY the same. I think you can save a couple $$ if you go with elitefts.

The 13mm take quite a bit to break in, just remember that.

I have a 13mm belt from both inzer and elitefts (had to get a bigger one). If you put them side by side, you cannot tell them apart. They are EXACTLY the same. I think you can save a couple $$ if you go with elitefts.

The 13mm take quite a bit to break in, just remember that.

Thanks for the tips bro..i am gunna check them out

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity