over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Lifting/Diet Log

Hagalaz22

Newbies
This is going to be a place to record my diet and training. Keeping a log sounds motivational and a good way to keep myself accountable.

I'm in my low 20's and weigh 195. I've been as high as 220. I have a 31 inch waist, 17in arms, 17.5in calves and I'm not sure about my quads. My back and shoulders are my strongest assets. Body fat is below 10% and I want to keep it there and lower it some.

I have no aspirations for bodybuilding as I prefer going heavy and quite frankly don't have the genetics for it.

Here are some of my best lifts (all at approx. 195lbs):
Squat: 545 - this was high bar - doing low bar now and expect to rise
Deadlift: 625 - This was a "pr," but not a max. I have much more in the tank.
1 plate deficit deadlift: 615
Standing military press: 225 x 9
Incline bench: 335 - have much more in me - this was easy
Close grip bench: 350 - working around a tricep injury
1 arm snatch: 135
Row: 500x10, 405x20

Goals:
1) Roadmap veins, abs through dress shirts, beast from "300" like traps
2) 605 - 405 - 705 gym total at sub 195 by the end of 2014.
3) Other sundry lift pr's like a 225 x 15 military and 405 incline.
4) Be healthy, enjoy life, help as many people as I can, not worry too much about what other people think, and be my best by working my hardest.

Diet:
My diet is very simple. I only eat carbs in the couple of hours preceding training. At all other times I consume only trace carbs, fats, and protein. I only have processed foods with my pre workout carbs. I don't count calories. Nobody jacked or strong does. I'm a huge fan of enjoying my pre workout meals and I find it fun to walk through a grocery store shredded carrying nothing but cookies and ice cream. I've had great success doing this minus constipation which I have now fixed.

Training:
5 days a week if my schedule allows - bench, back, squat, deadlift, shoulder. Since I'll be logging this, I won't go into any more detail.

Supplements:
I take a multi, citruline mallate, joint support, vit c, garlic, berberine hcl, a couple other insulin sensitivity herbs, and some pre workout and morning stimulants like caffeine, ephedra, and yohimbine.

If anything cool happens in the gym, I'll throw up a video. I'm happy to be at promuscle. I'm off to do some front squats. :)

Last edited:
Today's session was light front squats and abs. I ususally front squat after deadlifting, but deadlifted yesterday. Also, I'm recovering from a two week long stomach bug so the weights were EXTREMELY light. My goal was to go quickly and give myself a nice place to start pyramiding up throughout the next weeks and months.

Front squats:
135 x 5
175 x 5
225 x 5
275 x 1
295 x 1
315 x 1
225 x 5
230 x 5
235 x 5
240 x 5

Abs:
BW leg raises x 30, 25, 20, 15 (4 sets)

My diet has been off because of my stomach bug so I'm going to diet my ass off these next weeks. I'm still lean, but not as lean as I'd like. I'm also trying to dial in my berberine hcl dosage because it is a fantastic supplement, but too much makes me too flat and deplete too much glycogen for training.

Anyway today's diet was:
M1: Protein shake, coffee, almonds
M2: spicy peanuts, protein shake, rockstar zero
M3 (pre training): 1 can tuna with chips, cup of ice cream, fiber bar, popcorn
M4: protein shake
M5: 5 large scrambled eggs
M6: natty pb on ritz crackers, protein shake

Started the day off with 1000 reps of weighted jump rope (vest). But otherwise it was an off day today so I'm just posting diet:

M1: coffee, protein shake, almonds
M2: protein shake, fiber bar, pb on ritz
M3: Half a tub of cottage cheese with pepper, mixed nuts
M4: 5 large scrambled eggs, 3 turkey hot dogs (no bun), large salad
M5: protein shake

Still feeling a little sick. I think I've traced constipation to berberine so I'm only going to use it for once a week cheats which is a shame because I like it a lot. Since I'm still sick, I'm taking out all my supplements minus vit c, multi, fish oil, and caffeine for about a week just to make sure they are not causing this stomach bug to lag on.

Additionally, I'm in the higher rep phase of my training and just in the mood to mix things up so I want to do a quick cut to see if I can break the 190 mark and look absolutely shredded.

The diet will be painfully simple... just replace my usual pre workout eat whatever carb I want with a cleaner variety like oats with fruit, a bowl of cereal right before training and honey while training. I also ordered some aminos to take throughout the day.

I'll also throw in a little more cardio to aid the cut.

Body weight this morning was a paltry 192.

Training was shoulders and went as follows:

Standing military:
bar x 10
bar x 10
95 x 5
135 x 5
185 x 5
205 x 3
195 x 5 x 6
135 x 15

Behind the neck standing paused (pause at the bottom) military:
135 x 6 x 3

Rear delt flys:
25 x 40 x 3

Barbell curls:
bar x 100 (varying grips mid set) x 2 - I do this for elbow tendentious

Overall my workout was ok, but pump was awful despite having citrulline malate pre workout. I decided it was time for a post workout reefed. More on that in the diet section...

Diet:
M1: protein shake, salad
Pre workout: tuna with chips, blueberry oatmeal, couple bites of ice cream, fiber bar, protein shake
M3: protein shake
M4: whataburger
M5: protein shake

I'm did the whataburger because I have a once a week cheat and because I was so flat in training today. Although I am on a cut I don't want to lose weight too fast. Additionally, I'm squatting tomorrow so I want plenty of energy for that.

Despite the fact that I'm still talking to myself this log is motivational to me and hopefully after I hit some pr's that are pretty good considering my bw there will be some followers.

Training - legs:

Low bar back squat:
135x5
225x5
225x5
315x5
315x5
405x1
Rep set - 405x10
315x5
225 + 50lbs of chain around my neck pause squats x 5 x 3

Sumo deadlift pulls just for fun (I pull conventional):
Singles up to 405 for some speed pulls

Hanging leg raises w/ medicine ball bt legs:
20 reps x 4 sets

Overall this was a great session. My intensity was fantastic and all the squats were effortless. I'm terrible at reps - what I mean by this is that my rep ability is not a good indicator for my 1rm. I usually add 50lbs to 1rm calculators to get a true indication of my max. I think 600 is in the tank in the next couple months.

Diet:
M1: protein and peanut butter
M2: plate of chicken and veggies and a salad
Pre training: lasagna, bowl of cereal, fiber bar, lemon pie
Intra: fiber bar and honey
M5: protein
M6: 5 large eggs and a salad

Side note: Constipation is gone and cannot begin to express how glad I am. Constipation sucks so bad.

Lastly: this carb up method worked very well for me. I think I'm going to utilize it twice a week for deadlifts and squats. Body weight was about 194 post carb up.

Last edited:
Bodyweight is hovering around 194 mid day.

Yesterday was an off day. Diet was 5 shakes and mixed nuts spread throughout the day and 5 whole eggs, a salad, peanut butter and ritz crackers, and a couple turkey hot dogs before bead. This is a pretty typical non training day diet.

I'm hitting either back or chest today and will post that later along with today's food.

Posting yesterdays workout and diet...

Chest:

Incline
barx10
95x10
135x10
185x5
225x5x2
250x1
285x1
225x5x5

Close grip flat:
135x5
225x5
295x1
225x5-10x4+ (honestly can't remember)

Was very distracted during this session and elbow hurt a lot. Losing weight makes your benching go down so much and I think my leverages have changed slightly because of this. I'm going to hammer upper back in the near future. I've done 350+ paused in both the incline and bench, and am on the road to 405+ but that's going to be a while from the way things are looking.

Diet:

M1: protein
M2: protein, salad
M3: lasagna, protein, pb and toast with honey
M4: Protein (75g), natty pb on ritz

I'm going to clean diet up some more and train harder. I'm also going to put more of an emphasis on sleep. Training tonight and will update then.

Those are impressive PR numbers for a guy your size.

Those are impressive PR numbers for a guy your size.

I appreciate the complement! World class raw numbers are 600-650 squat, 405+ bench, and 675+ deadlift for the 181's (which is where I would fall now) and for the 198's (who mostly walk around at 210-220) it looks something like 700+, 405+, 700+.

Ok sorry for the delay... Went into the gym yesterday (which is a power rack in my house currently) and felt terrible so called it after 20 minutes. Diet was keto until training and then carbs and then keto again.

Today was an off day, but a great day overall. Outlook on life is great and a lot of things that have been going on personally have worked out in amazing ways and I'm beginning to see that now. Personally, I have faith that God played a role in this.

I also gave blood today which is another reason I didn't lift, but I'm going to train tomorrow. I may do shoulders.

Also, I'm sick of training at home (although I have a great set up) because it is lonely and because a gym atmosphere is a fun option. I'm going to scout out gyms in my area and pick one tomorrow and join. I've been a member of many gyms over the years, but have been back and forth between cities in my state the past couple of years and have neglected to rejoin somewhere.

Hopefully, with my new membership I can get back to the accessory work that brought my deadlift up. I truly think that 700 is there in the next couple months if I hammer 455lb + rows, 700lb + shrugs, lat pull downs, low rows, and some specalty hamstring work. Squats will come with more squatting and for bench I have no clue. I'm a little beat up on it and dieting kills it. I may just concentrate on incline for the time being.

Anyway, I'll update more tomorrow.

Keep grinding away man! its all about progress

That is so true! One of the things I've learned about the iron sports (whether it's bbing or powerlifting) that it just takes time. That's one of the reasons this log is motivational to me - because I've never seen someone else's log that went on for years and years that didn't have insane results at the end. The only common denomenator between a people who train hard and heavy for extended periods of time is results - the diets and supplement regimens are all different - but time is the only thing that truly guarantees success!

Trained at a new gym today and really enjoyed it.

Shoulders:

Standing strict press - I've been adding 5 lbs to the 5x5 each week on this and started at 185 - keep in mind my pr is 225x9 so this is definitely submaximal, but I'm absolutely getting stronger from it
barx10
95x10
135x5
135x5
185x5
200x5x5

Flat bench singles - wanted to concentrate on speed and form:
135x5
185x5
225x5
275x1
275x1

Tricep pushdowns using a bar and a rope:
10 sets of varying weight

Pec dec rear delt
5 sets of increasing weight

Diet:

m1: protein
m2: protein
m3: hamburger, fries, protein
m4: protein shake
m5: protein shake, peanut butter

As I've been saying, I'm going to clean up the pre workout meals because I want to get leaner. I have about five more pounds to go before getting stupid lean and I want to get there and stay there. Also going to add in synephrine with stuff to make it more bioavailable to help burn fat.

What do your protein shakes consist of?

How do you handle hunger from so little solid food?

What do your protein shakes consist of?

How do you handle hunger from so little solid food?

Shakes are 50g of whey protein. I have great insulin sensitivity and am in overall great health. My total cholesterol is 122 and blood pressure sits at around 120/65 all day. You'd be surprised how far having good health will actually decrease your dependency on needing food all the time.

With that said, I do have lots of food pre and post training. I eat for the next three hours essentially - if it's training, lots of carbs and if it's sitting around just protein will suffice. When I'm bulking so to speak which is 99% of the time I just add in lots of fat with my shakes and carbs post workout. My protein intake and pre workout meal never changes.

Ok so it seems I'm always a day behind haha... trained legs and deadlifted yesterday and today was an off day.

Yesterday's legs/deadlift:

Dead
warmups up to 500 x 1
405x2x10sets off 2 in deficit - intentionally light with little rest

Front squat - all pause reps in the hole:
135x5
185x5
225x5
275x5
225x5
225x5

Leg press - leg curl super set:
Set 1: 27 reps/30 reps
Set 2: 30 reps/25 reps
Set 3: 30 reps/20 reps

goal was to get close to 90 reps on each and I accomplished that... for future reference I'm going to refer to these style super sets as 390's - 3 sets to failure with a goal of 90 reps total. I'm going to incorporate lots of 350-390's in my work to burn out and add size.

Leg extension - calf raise 390 (see above).

6 sets of weighted hanging leg raises

10 sets off 100 reps on jump rope

Diet was terrible that day and that's why strength wasn't there. It was just three shakes a subway and a bowl of cereal. I had a huge post training burrito and some ice cream to help get some glycogen back.

Today was an off day. I took berberine (just 250mg) with the big post training meal last night and my stomach let me know it today. I felt like I had to shit all day. I just can't do berberine from the brand I'm using. I've used swansons berberine in the past with success, but I think it may be a bunk product because 250mg of glycox is literally 10x stronger than 800mg of swanson berberine. So I think I'm just going to ditch the berberine and stick with Na-R-ALA, slin sane, and fat burners to stay lean and maintain insulin health.

I incorporated the bitter orange (525mg) - naringenin (500mg) - hesperiden (500mg) stack with caffeine today and hope it aids in fat loss. I selected these supplements because unlike the eca stack, SNH stack doesn't raise blood cell levels or increase blood pressure or pulse in a calm state. ECA is great don't get me wrong and certainly not unhealthy if not abused, but if something healthier also works I certainly want to incorporate it. Plus 2 months of this stuff is literally $15. I'm also using yohimbine hcl and caffeine in the am.

So I've decided that while I'm still going to try to decrease bodyfat of course I am going to throw sugary carbs back in post workout and consume just oats and a bowl of cereal pre training. I'll have much less GI distress this way and I will get astronomically stronger. Mega dosing carbs post workout has always been my secret to getting bigger and stronger and I shouldn't have abandoned it. The science is convincing that it leads to anabolic activities and personally I cannot get stronger or maintain my strength on zero carbs except a pre workout meal. That's just me - genetically I could have poor nitrogen retention from my protein that causes this. There are lots of variables and no reason to speculate.

With that said I basically decided to get jacked and lean at the same time, but my lean-ness will be a result of brutal training sessions and building lean tissue. If I have a little back fat so be it because my lats will be so wide nobody will notice haha. The Konstantin Konstantinovs look is kinda what I'm describing - I'm not thinking about looking sloppy!! But on the same token, I'm not a bikini model I'm a lifter!

So I covered the change in diet and adding in some fat burners...Last thing: Motivation is super high. I have so much confidence in my ability to build muscle and strength quickly and now that I will be in a gym and not on just a power rack with plates my lifts should sky rocket. I look forward to putting up insane numbers like 100 lb dumbell press for 30 reps at under 200lbs and 700lb deadlifts - stuff like that. I also have ability that I can do this and also stay very healthy. I am in great health right now and that is something I refuse to jeopardize. Drug use is out of control in the iron sports - good thing I have a lot of faith in my natural abilities.

I'm going to try to attach a wheel pic from yesterdays session.

Attachments

• photo (5).jpg
    photo (5).jpg
    283.9 KB · Views: 122
Had a great session tonight...

Back

Bent row:
135x15
225x15
315x15
365x15
405x10
315x25
225x30
225x30
225x20

Flat bench speed singles - doing these whenever I feel like it in addition to programmed chest day - I figure it can't hurt and benching is fun
135x5
185x5
225x5
275x1
315x1

BB shrugs
225x15
315x15
405x15
495x15
585x15
405x20
315x25

Lat pull down
4 sets of 20-30 reps each

DB rows
4 sets of 100lb dumbells (highest my gym has) x 30 reps - way too light - done 220x10 in the past

Seated rows
stack x 15 x 4

Bicep curls (# listed = per each arm)
25x15
30x15
35x15
40x10
45x10

Hammer curl - running out of time at this point, but these help bench a ton
40x10
50x10
60x10

Leg raises w/ med ball bt legs
6 sets of 20+ reps each

jump rope by 500 reps over 2 sets

Had to call it at this point but had more in me.

By my count that's 28 sets just for back!

Diet was mainly the same as my training day diets posted before except I'm eating burritos now as I type. Looking forward to the next couple weeks as lifts will explode again!

two days ago was an off day so diet was keto.

Yesterday was squats...

Squats:
135x5
225x5
315x5
365x5
405x1
415x7 (had 8-9 in me easy I wasn't really into this set because bar was sliding off my back and it had shitty knurling - I'll bring my own bar next time I squat)

Pause Squats with 30lbs of weight around neck:
315x5
315x5
315x5
315x5
365x5
315x5
275x5
275x5
225x5
225x5
225x5

Leg curls:
Pyramided up through 5 sets w/ reps from 30-15

Leg extensions:
Same as curls

45 degree reverse hyper extensions
3x135x5 - I've done 315 for reps on these before, but hamstrings were trashed after the volume on pause squats.

500 reps jump rope

Diet:
Amino tabs throughout the day w/ protein every 3 hours give or take and lasagna pre workout w/ redline extreme and burger, fries, and 4 bowls of cereal post workout.

Post workout carbs is making strength go up like crazy and actually helping stomach issues. I think I'm almost back on track. My waist actually looks tighter and abs are visible through my t shirts. I look very volumized. I feel a little bloated today so I know that I can only do those 300g carb ups post workout once every 3-4 days. Today will probably be cleaner minus some post workout cereal which always does great with me in the gains and lean dept.

I love these pause squats and the lower weight rep sets are awesome. I want to work up to a 455x10 squat before peaking again. So I'm going to probably go for 415x12 next week. If I get it, I'll go for 425x10 and move on from there.

So today was Bench/chest day.

I should note that I pause all my reps so these are true numbers that you see.

Bench:
135x5
185x5
225x5
275x5
325x1 - super easy
225x17 - easy had 20 in me

**This is a big deal for me even though I've hit much higher numbers in the past because these weights have never felt so light for me. 325 was very smooth and 225 was a toy.**

Incline:
135x5
185x5
225x5
225x4x4 (w/ 1 min rest between sets)

Wasn't feeling in the right groove for incline so I cut it short and went back to bench.

Bench again:
255x4
255x4
255x4
255x4
255x4
255x4
... yes I did 6 more sets and rested in between sets minimally.

*One more interruption: I noticed that lately moving my hands out further has helped. I am using a very close grip on all my sets, but moved it out 2-3 inches on each side and noticed that I felt less explosive, but was able to engage my lats more in the bench which is helpful to me because I have large lats for my size. Additionally, this felt more stable. I expect huge strength increases from this realization.*

Dumbell bench - concentrating on triceps in this movement.
55x20
100x10
100x10
100x10
100x10
100x10

Hammer strength plate loaded:
1 plate x 20
2 plate x 10
3 plate x 10
2 plate x 10
1 plate x 10 w/ 5 sec negatives x 2 sets

Tricep pushdowns with varying grips and attachments x 15 sets

BW dips x 15 reps concentrating on triceps not chest

10 sets of weighted leg raises

2000 reps x jump rope

Diet:
amino tabs throughout the day, and 4 protein shakes, 5 eggs, pre training was oatmeal bar, apple, chex mix, redline extreme and post workout was burritos. Pre bed was/is pb on ritz. As usual, carbs post workout and pre workout only.

BW update: still holding at 195 despite massive carb consumption recently. I think my body just responds well to high volume training and lots of carbs post workout with carefully timed keto days (like tomorrow will be) and cardio.

I dropped the synephrine because I think it was upsetting my stomach, but it could have been animal pak. I may try in a month or so when I'm braver. VPX meltdown and redline are treating me nicely and have a carefully researched ingredient profile. One of the still legit companies out there IMO. Other supps are vit c, garlic, digestive probiotic, caffeine, daily aspirin, omegas, the amino tabs, my glucose disposal agent stack (Gymnea Sylvester, Lagerestromia Speciosa, and NA-R-ALA - apologize for the spelling which is undoubtable wrong) minus berberine, opti - men multi, potassium tabs, and zma pre bed. That's literally it.

For the first time in my life tonight I felt like I could be a good bencher. Lets see if we can keep this going.

I was at a old gym the other day training with some friends. I hadn't been in this facility in a couple months and it has a lot of natural lighting. I was shocked at how much leaner I am. So what I'm doing is definitely working.

While there I just got a pump and did some cardio. I did light behind the neck pressing supersetted with various curls - really nothing worth listing. Every little bit counts, but this was just a boring session. I did however hit 500 jump ropes in a row and a total of 2000 before leaving. Diet on that day was just 60g of oats pre workout and keto the rest of the day. Yesterday was keto as well sans some fiber, but I was under 75g of carbs certainly.

I feel rested up today and I'm going to pull later.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131