over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

lifting with a broken hand

22son

Registered
Newbies
I am a bouncer at bar to pick up extra money and when i was throwing a guy out last saturday for fighting he swung at me. The rules are equal force so since he punched me in the head i hit him back and dropped his worthless ass but managed to get a boxers fracture in the process, which i had to have surgery on wednesay morning. What would you do lifting wise for the next 6 to 8 weeks if you were in my position? could i just hit legs 3 times a week maybe split it
day 1 quads
day2 calves
day3 hamstrings

and hope i dont lose too much off of my upper body
thanks for the suggestions

what surgery are you having done? i had a boxers fracture years ago and it healed on its own

they called it an open reduction- internal fixation. From the x ray they told me that the bones had moved and kind of rotated some how so i needed surgery to correct it.They must of thought it was a big deal and needed done right away because they moved another guys surgery back to fit me in. They put a couple of pins in there

do you have cast? I broke mine years ago (hitting a dam wall, duh) and had a cast just short of my elbow, so I could bend. I got a velcro strap with a ring on it, like women use to attach their ankles to low cables, strapped it across my hand and did cable crossovers, and did curls on the cable, etc. Kept me from shrinking too much, but at the time my thighs were lagging, so for 8 weeks I worked them hard 2 or 3 times a week and improved my symmetry

I broke my wrist badly few years back, and I had a cast for about 6 months. I just shifted my training into a high frequency squatting setup, meaning I squatted 3-4 per week, with max effort days, max rep days etc. At first I used a safety squat bar, but as the months went on I gradually went back to a straight bar.

As far as assistance goes, I did a lot of stuff where I didn't need to use my arm, such as GHRs, Reverse Hypers, Step Ups, Abdominal Stuff, 45 degree back hyper that kind of stuff

Years ago when I had a cast on my hand I used a lot of Nautilus machines that did not require you to use your hands. I still was able to do chest back arms and shoulders pretty well. Not sure if there are any machines out there like that today.

thanks for the suggestions yea im in a cast that goes halfway up my forearm. unfortunately i dont have access to any hand free machines. But i could use the strap and do cable cross overs and curls and laterals. i never thought of that should work out fairly well. thanks again guys

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws