over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

lifts going down

walker11

Registered
Ok, here's my problem, over the past few weeks my lifts have been dropping. I am currently training for an IPA meet (on Dec. 5) and i'm using a "westside" routine. As soon as i noticed my lifts dropping I did a deload week then tried another max out week and i was still weak, so i did another deload week and my bench has gone back up some along with my deadlift both still about 30 lbs low) but my squat is still close to 60 lbs. lower than it was a few months ago. My activity level is lower than it was a few months ago, i've gone from working (labor) 60-80 hours a week to not working at all but partner stunting about 2 hours a week (4-5 30 minute sessions a week). And i have tried upping my protein, carb, and overall caloric intake, but my lifts just wont get back up to where they were. If anyone has any idea of what might be going on and how to fix it i would deeply appreciate your input.

Here is an example of one week, but my program changes every week along with weight and band tension for dynamic days. Also, i sometimes don't have time to train on dynamic days until after stunt practice (which consists of me throwing a girl in the air for 30 minutes), and my coach requires me ot do the DB snatchs to improve my toss. As i said before, i have deloaded for two of the past few weeks which has taken me away from my max days but the dynamic days are still on schedule.

Bench (2 board): 10x 6x 4x 2(shirt)x 1x 1x 1x
Boards 2-5: 2-4 each board
Skull crusher (straight bar): 4x 4x 4x
Push Press: 4x 4x
Front bar raises: 8x 8x
T-Bar Rows: 6x 6x

Squat (15 in. box, briefs, suit, and wraps): 10x 6x 4x 1x 1x 1x
Good mornings: 4x 4x 4x
GHR: 2 sets to failure
Zerker squat: 5x 5x 5x
Calve raises: 10x 10x 10x

Speed bench (45%, light bands): 3x 3x 3x 3x 3x 3x 3x 3x 3x 3x 1x 1x
2 in board w/ light bands: 8x 8x 8x
DB Ext.: 8x 8x 8x
Band pull apart(rear delt): 10x 10x 10x
Lateral Raises: 10x 10x 10x
Pull ups: 10x 10x 10x

Speed Squat (light and mini, briefs,45%): 2x 2x 2x 2x 2x 2x 2x 2x
Speed DL (45%): 1x 1x 1x 1x 1x 1x 1x 1x
DB snatch: 5x 5x 5x
Stiff Leg DL: 8x 8x 8x
Shrugs: 8x 8x 8x
Hammer curl: 6x 6x 6x

hmmmmmm i would suggest looking into something called the conjugate method. I have recently started this and all my lifts are coming along great. The volume of this program is a little less than what youre doing now but that might be the problem

It sounds to me like it could be your CNS not being fully recovered yet. Especially since the time off helped a little. Honestly if it were me, I'd take one full week off and just eat, relax, and rest. I can almost bet you that you'll come back the next week and be right back where you were or a little stronger.

The conjugate method is always a good idea to if you're not already using it to some degree. It's basically just switching up your max effort exercises every couple of weeks. Some even switch every week.

Westside is a form of conjugate periodization...

try doing less volume on your accessory lifts and don't add in another squat variation on your max effort day. Most glaring fault I see is you're adding in zerchers and push presses on M.E days when they're not needed if you're frying out.

If you've just gone off cycle or anything like that it can definitely factor in too.

thanks for the advice. over the past 2 weeks i've actualy taken out all of my deadlift work/pulling movements and dropped the weight on my squat days due to a neck and back injury. when i did this i also did another deload week and yesterday (sunday) my bench made about a 60 lb. jump, i put up 375 for 2 and felt like i could have gone 400+ but i didn't want to push my luck. so now i'm competing bench only in december. would it be a good idea to move my shoulder and back work to squat/deadlift days since i can't do much with those lifts anyways or stay with what i'm doing now?
Also, i have never been on cycle. since my college tests cheerleaders randomly through out the year i can't go on anything.

Staff online

• Bio
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear