over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

limit on good fats?

N

newbadgenes

I asked some questions yesterday about grass fed beef tallo and learned a lot.

So it sparked another question on good fats. When trying to stay lean or even get leaner is there a limit on good grass fed fats? will too many, and I understand too many calories, damper getting lean?

Should I alternate my good fat intake like I do my carbs? Maybe higher fat on lower carb days?

I usually do one day 200-300 carbs, the next 100-200 carbs and the third under 100 and then rotate again. Seems to work good for me

my carb source is brown rice gluten free pasta and mostly quineo. Have a little bit of no sugar added grapefruit with my post workout shake containing whey isolate and spirulina

my good fat ( or at least what I think is and feel free to chime in if im misinformed) is organic virgin coconut oil, no sugar or salt almond butter, very little natural peanut butter, grass fed butter on most meals. sometimes cook in grapeseed oil if not coconut oil. and usually two serving of grass fed cheese in the night to get rid of carb hunger(not sure if this is good or bad)

im lactose intolerant and gluten free with colitis so no dairy except the little bit of cheese with a lactase pill

Trying to tweak eating a little more for getting leaner

Last edited:
It seems like you are complicating things. Then again, I don't worry about details like that.

The leanest I've ever been was eating 300g+ fat per day, 150g carbs periWO and only trace carbs on off days. Felt incredible, steady energy, strength didn't suffer.

At some point calories do matter so you do have to limit yourself, but if your body is fat adapted you can get away with eating a lot of fat and staying lean if your other macros are right. When your body uses primarily fat as an energy source, eating a high fat diet is, to some degree, like stoking the fire.

My fat sources were grass fed beef, grass fed dairy (raw milk, butter, cheese, kefir, yogurt, ghee), pastured pork, pastured chicken, pastured eggs, wild seafood, avocado, olive, coconut and red palm oils, lard, tallow, duck fat, almonds and almond butter, macadamia nuts. Probably some others but that's what I can think of off the top of my head.

The leanest I've ever been was eating 300g+ fat per day, 150g carbs periWO and only trace carbs on off days. Felt incredible, steady energy, strength didn't suffer.

At some point calories do matter so you do have to limit yourself, but if your body is fat adapted you can get away with eating a lot of fat and staying lean if your other macros are right. When your body uses primarily fat as an energy source, eating a high fat diet is, to some degree, like stoking the fire.

My fat sources were grass fed beef, grass fed dairy (raw milk, butter, cheese, kefir, yogurt, ghee), pastured pork, pastured chicken, pastured eggs, wild seafood, avocado, olive, coconut and red palm oils, lard, tallow, duck fat, almonds and almond butter, macadamia nuts. Probably some others but that's what I can think of off the top of my head.

Oh, hell yeah. That's an all-star lineup!:headbang:

thanks pharm fed! for some reason I enjoy eating the fats more then I do carbs so its kind of easy.

wish nuts.com would stop sending me their super cereals when I order my spirulina, so yummy and ruins my low carb day lol.

im gonna stick with the low carb and higher fat and see if I can get leaner and also curious to see how my lipids will be next physical

thanks pharm fed! for some reason I enjoy eating the fats more then I do carbs so its kind of easy.

wish nuts.com would stop sending me their super cereals when I order my spirulina, so yummy and ruins my low carb day lol.

im gonna stick with the low carb and higher fat and see if I can get leaner and also curious to see how my lipids will be next physical

I'm the same way. I can do without the rice, pasta and bread. But give me all the ribeyes, bacon and salmon you can find!

just curious then, what macros were you using during the high fat times and getting leaner.

Im assuming by your post that most of your macros are post training like I do too. trying to decide if a quick sugar like grapefruit is better or a slower macro?
by night time or around 6 I have no carbs.

thanks, ive been searching this subject for some time now with no luck and its cool to hear and learn from your experience.

I also use kefir like you but ive been making my own to help with colitis

just curious then, what macros were you using during the high fat times and getting leaner.

Im assuming by your post that most of your macros are post training like I do too. trying to decide if a quick sugar like grapefruit is better or a slower macro?

by night time or around 6 I have no carbs.

thanks, ive been searching this subject for some time now with no luck and its cool to hear and learn from your experience.

I also use kefir like you but ive been making my own to help with colitis

I think you meant carbs, not macros?

I would usually drink a quart of kefir pwo which has 100 carbs, and my next meal would include some fruit. Most often bananas, apples, grapes and/or berries in some combination. Maybe some plantains once in a while, or plums and peaches when I'm in the mood.

Rest of the day would just be trace carbs from veggies, nuts, etc.

thanks again, pretty much what I do too. Gonna do a little tweaking and give it a couple weeks and see where im at.

Try raw milk....the lactase enzymes haven't been killed off in pasteurization and they help digest the lactose ( milk sugar )

thanks ill look for it. usually use unsweetened almond milk and unsweetened coconut milk

Try raw milk....the lactase enzymes haven't been killed off in pasteurization and they help digest the lactose ( milk sugar )

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131