over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Limiting muscle growth

Darkpassenger

Registered
Can Adderall limit muscle growth? I know a few of my mates at the university attend take them a lot to study. I know it extremely suppresses your appetite... but if they force food down to combat the affect does it actually inhibit your muscles in anyway?

Can Adderall limit muscle growth? I know a few of my mates at the university attend take them a lot to study. I know it extremely suppresses your appetite... but if they force food down to combat the affect does it actually inhibit your muscles in anyway?

Have you ever taken adderall? I was prescribed it years ago for ADD, there is no 'forcing food' down. You are sick to your stomach at the thought of food, its not that you are just not hungry. big difference.

I know some people have successfully used it in small doseages to sped their metabolism up and have successfully managed to become shredded, but that is just a line that doesn't need to be crossed for me. Especially when you can achieve the same thing safer through dieting.

I have taken it for consecutive days during finals no more than two 20mg pills per day. Of course I had dry mouth but as for the whole forcing food down... I wasn't hungry most of the day and literally had to force myself to eat because I knew my body was needing it. Needless to say I gagged after every meal but managed to keep it down. Over a one week span I only lost 3lb so I kept everything pretty normal.

I have also heard of people using it for that, specifically girls. But I agree that its not something I would do to cut weight, I wouldn't feel healthy and it would put a toll on my body considering I had difficulty sleeping with it.

I have taken it for consecutive days during finals no more than two 20mg pills per day. Of course I had dry mouth but as for the whole forcing food down... I wasn't hungry most of the day and literally had to force myself to eat because I knew my body was needing it. Needless to say I gagged after every meal but managed to keep it down. Over a one week span I only lost 3lb so I kept everything pretty normal.

I have also heard of people using it for that, specifically girls. But I agree that its not something I would do to cut weight, I wouldn't feel healthy and it would put a toll on my body considering I had difficulty sleeping with it.

if you don't have add and you have taken it and lost 3lbs, do i need to answer your question? Or did you answer it for yourself:D

When you take medication that you do not have a medical need for, especially an amphetamine, you are delving into the realm of drug abuse. Please be careful. And i truly have ADD and my daily dose was 30mg, so 20mg is a good bit for a normal person.

adderall will limit muscle growth. it is a combination of dextroamphetamine and amphetamine. there is another name for base amphetamine - speed. do not be fooled you are taking a medical dose of speed plain and simple. i doubt if speed is good for muscle growth.

as for the forcing down of food that depends on the individual. if your will is strong enough you can do it. don't be concerned with other people saying you won't be able to do it. just because they can't doesn't mean you can't. granted it will be difficult so it all depends on the strength of your will. i can tell you i took adderall a few times in college to study for an exam or while taking the exam. i was able to make sure i ate properly

Last edited:
Osiris, I guess I did answer my own question in a way and I appreciate your concern. It would be helpful if I mentioned that I also have a sript for it. So dabbling into "drug abuse" couldn't be an accurate statement for myself. I primarily use it during finals and hardly even go through a whole bottle per year.

Stewie, thank you for that explanation. I just was wondering what people would say.

My close friend is prescribed adderal and he competes light heavy. This guy has no problem eating. I get sick watching him. It's like he's a bottomless pit. He's only 5'7 and sits around 235. So it might be that he actually needs it and it doesn't effect him the way it would for a recreational user

Now since it is basically speed, look at your typical meth addict. Not quite ready for a competition and we can't count tooth loss as weight loss.

The problem is that adderall is highly addictive. There are much better and safer options

Wasnt Mike Mentzer using speed?

Yeah and he got addicted. I strongly believe that the reason why there are so many fucked up stories about Mike (running around naked and directing traffic, driving to Arthur Jones's home and claiming that Jones was God and Mike was his son Jesus, etc.) is due to stimulant psychosis. Fortunately, Mike managed to quit speed by the late 80's.

Does Adderall need to be taken 24/7? Unless it's Adderall XR . . no it does not.

Last edited:
try modafinil for staying up late. wont affect appetite and is much safer for your brain.

Yeah and he got addicted. I strongly believe that the reason why there are so many fucked up stories about Mike (running around naked and directing traffic, driving to Arthur Jones's home and claiming that Jones was God and Mike was his son Jesus, etc.) is due to stimulant psychosis. Fortunately, Mike managed to quit speed by the late 80's.

i heard things like that about Mike but never knew if any of it was true. he was one of my favorites and inspirations when i began training in the 80's

remember, if youre a student part of being a student is time management so you can eat and sleep on a healthy schedule. There is no need to pull 'all-nighters' - I went through a master's degree (6 years of university) and never once did an all nighter. If you're missing a night of sleep its probably cuz your priorities are out of line.

Very useful info in this thread.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity