over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Lions Mane and Lithium Orotate

Frito

Registered
I have seen Lions Mane are getting pretty popular for the cognition benefits and also seems like it´s a good supplement for other health reasons.

Lithium Orotate are also a supp that peaked my interest and still reading up on it.

So who has experience with these or has read up on them, any negatives or is it all just positive?

I know Shelby are talking good about both of them.

I take lions mane..along with a bunch of other supposed Cog boosters to help get through school as a 30 year old with 2 children.

My memory recall is alot better along with my ability to focus. Again not sure if its the lions mane or the.host of other herbs/supps

Lions Mane is in the reformulated version of Arc Reactor which is in my pre workout rotation. Love the stuff I've read about it and it's certainly forward thinking to put it in that type of product.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Don't really know about Lions Mane as I've never used it myself, but unless you've been diagnosed bipolar I'd avoid Lithium at all costs... whatever the salt, though some people will tell you Orotate is much better absorbed, therefore requires smaller dosages. It you don't have real mood "problems" with lots of up and downs, it will wreak havoc on your brain chemistry like nothing else, and it can be hard to recover from it.

Not to mention the weight gain. :eek:

Lions Mane is in the reformulated version of Arc Reactor which is in my pre workout rotation. Love the stuff I've read about it and it's certainly forward thinking to put it in that type of product.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

It's in quite a few preworkouts. I have used 2 that were very good. Although AR contains a higher dose than both of the below.

Allmax Impact Igniter
Muscletech Shatter SX-7 Revolution

Last edited:
after an initial placebo effect on lions mane I got nothing from it. rather expensive to boot. ran the whole bottle noticed no difference when I stopped.

I wouldn't mess with lithium of ANY salt unless it was absolutely necessary. It's got a very narrow therapeutic window between desired effect and toxic sides.

Clinically, bloodwork is monitored weekly until you pull two similar serum levels. Then the MINIMUM monitoring is every 6 months. Monitoring includes not only lithium levels, but kidney and thyroid too. Numerous drug interactions. Hypothyroidism, impotence, all sorts of sides.

It's indicated for bipolar disorder and manic depression. Absolutely not worth it unless you have been diagnosed with one of these conditions, IMO.

after an initial placebo effect on lions mane I got nothing from it. rather expensive to boot. ran the whole bottle noticed no difference when I stopped.

Same here. Went through an entire bottle I got off amazon. Might as well been full of sugar pills.

It takes long term use to build new NGF(nerve growth factor) taking Lions Mane.

Also there are good qualities and bad qualities. You want the "fruity bodies".

Thanks guys, look like I will just try the Lions Mane :)

I feel like Lion's Mane is like a lot of health supps. Its nothing thats going to change you over night but long term the health benefits are extremely beneficial

Here’s the real Lion’s Mane.

Attachments

• 89792F0C-8CC1-497E-AD83-A22C28C58F96.jpeg
    89792F0C-8CC1-497E-AD83-A22C28C58F96.jpeg
    83.2 KB · Views: 447
I've had great experiences with Lithium at 5mg.. only taking it a few times a week to avoid any thyroid issues. Assuming you are low dosing it.. I don't think the thyroid etc issues are of any concern.

Don't really know about Lions Mane as I've never used it myself, but unless you've been diagnosed bipolar I'd avoid Lithium at all costs... whatever the salt, though some people will tell you Orotate is much better absorbed, therefore requires smaller dosages. It you don't have real mood "problems" with lots of up and downs, it will wreak havoc on your brain chemistry like nothing else, and it can be hard to recover from it.

Not to mention the weight gain. :eek:

^^^^^
That

We are talking about extremely low doses of lithium, like less than 5% of the dosages used to treat mental disorders.

I've used lithium orotate and it's great in the right situation. Don't take all the time but good for relaxing. Any sides go away after 2-3 days and those took weeks of above normal dosages to get to. It builds up so don't have to take all the time. It's something we get through food and spring water so don't get how everyone is so scared about it.

We are talking about extremely low doses of lithium, like less than 5% of the dosages used to treat mental disorders.

OK. That's different. Personally, even if I wanted to use it (I have no reason to) I wouldn't do it all the time.

I've used lithium orotate and it's great in the right situation. Don't take all the time but good for relaxing. Any sides go away after 2-3 days and those took weeks of above normal dosages to get to. It builds up so don't have to take all the time. It's something we get through food and spring water so don't get how everyone is so scared about it.

Because when it is consumed in dosages higher than those found naturally in food and water, it can be extremely damaging to the body and has lead to numerous deaths. I've seen first-hand the damage it can do (decades ago when I worked in a drug rehab/mental health hospital) and more recently when someone I personally know died from it due to cardiovascular issues.

Lithium is toxic to the body and can lead to organ damage in numerous organs. It is certainly not a substance one should take lightly. There is a reason that lithium prescribed patients are closely monitored via blood work and physiological counseling.

I knew shelby was gonna show up and rain on this anti lithium parade

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner