over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Liquid Diet

SwolejahG

Newbies
Hey guys I was wondering, I work a full time job where we can't really take the time to sit down and eat meals, and I also get too full too fast on solid foods. Would it be ok if my diet consisted primarily of liquid egg whites, NOW carbo gain for carbs, and olive oil for fats? This is along with my whey shakes and the likes. I have heard people say that solid food is superior to liquid food, but isn't a calorie a calorie?

A calorie is a calorie up to a point depending on ones goals. In your case, eating/drinking something is better than nothing, so if you are unable to get some solid food in you, then liquid will be your best option. The liquid egg whites are a great protein source and work well. Most people really say solid foods are the best choice because they are unprocessed and will satiate your hunger for a longer period of time as liquid foods are digested at a faster rate because they start out more broken down. As far as whey is concerned, I would not make this the main protein source and try to get protein from multiple sources which will provide a wider range of amino acids for your body.

Well I meant with my protein shakes haha. I take whey post workout and I use a protein blend like Dymatize Fusion 7 after work and before bed.

There is a very respected board member on this forum that goes by Jethro Tull. He has a thread called "meat meals vs whey meals". Its good one; you should check it out. I'd post the link for you but I can't figure out how:eek:

It would definitely be better than eating nothing

I am a busy guy and work 12 hr shifts. So rather than whole food as my base I use a gallon of whole milk a day and 5 double scoop protein shakes as my base. then I eat 3-5 solid whole food meals based upon what I have time for.

Counting calories isn't the ultimate factor in a diet.

By not eating whole foods, you miss out on a lot of nutritional value such as vitamins and minerals.

Hey guys I was wondering, I work a full time job where we can't really take the time to sit down and eat meals, and I also get too full too fast on solid foods. Would it be ok if my diet consisted primarily of liquid egg whites, NOW carbo gain for carbs, and olive oil for fats? This is along with my whey shakes and the likes. I have heard people say that solid food is superior to liquid food, but isn't a calorie a calorie?
you'd be better off with raw whole eggs from a small local farm
with free roaming chickens.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear