over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Liquid egg white absorbtion

pahlevan

Registered
I finding contrary information on consumption of pasteurized egg whites. Mostly regarding absorbtion etc..
That said 2 cups of it have 50 grams of protein and easy to eat. Not to mention the convenience.
Are you bros doing this and feel like it does work vs cooking them. If absorbtion is less would taking more compensate for it?

What are you finding?

I’ve only recently incorporated pasteurized egg whites. Sams has them pretty cheap. Mixed with milk they’re easy to put down.

The pasteurization process is supposed to destroy the enzyme albumin
albumin In the enzyme which is what slows dow the digestion process in raw eggs making them only something like 70% bio available l so technically the pasteurized egg whites are cooked and should hold the same easy digestion as regular cooked eggs

Even 70% precent is that bad. I would rather drink them have to cook them.

The liquid egg whites in the carton are "cooked" via the pasteurization process so they are fine to drink.

Now if you're cracking open eggs and separating the white the those are not going to digest as well and will probably give you gas.

Any form of liquid egg whites gives me the worst smelling gas humanly possible. When they are cooked I don’t get it so for me I think I only absorb them when they are cooked.

As pointed out above, pasteurization is cooking.

HTST pasteurization is the process by which dairy products are cooked to kill bacteria; high temperature, short time.

Generally what I read says that "Egg protein digestion is dependent upon whether the protein is cooked or raw. If it is cooked, 90% of it will be digested by the time it hits the colon. Once in the colon (large intestine), no additional absorption occurs. If it is uncooked, only 50% of it is absorbed.

It takes about 2 hours for cooked egg to start to be digested but the maximum peak in the absorption curve is 3–4 hours. For 90% absorption it takes about 6 hours."
https://academic.oup.com/jn/article/128/10/1716/4723080

I used to drink them and they'd give me gas that rivals the bubonic plague in brutality...

Never again

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I drink them with my shakes...

I only get the bad gas when I stop and restart again but it’s only a few days... After my stomach handles it pretty well and I have zero issues...

I never had a problem drinking up to 7 at a time.
Now hard boiled, came back smelling like hard boiled!

I prefer to cook them.:):)
I saw a research that raw eggs contain anti-enzyme and anti-bioprotein. The former hinders the contact of proteases and proteins in the human stomach and intestines, affecting the digestion and absorption of proteins. The latter can combine with biotin in food to form substances that the body cannot absorb.
Besides,research show that about 10 percent of fresh eggs have pathogenic bacteria, mold or parasitic eggs.If you directly eat it,it is easy to cause diarrhea and parasitic diseases.:):):)

My egg white consumption is practically all Muscleegg…. I cook em AND drink em.. 20-24oz a day.... love the stuff and NEVER have any issues with it... I get a deep discount and show specials are GREAT... I end up paying only a bit more than the egg whites at Costco.. and i'm sure the quality of the egg whites are superior to Costcos….

It will be healthier to cook them

Why Just Egg Whites?
All the Bcaa's are in the Yoke!

From my reading egg whites are a complete protein. Although the concentration of leucine etc. can be slighty higher in the yolk.

I know Massive G has touched on this before. Absorption between drinking and eating cooked is roughly the same.

As for everyone's ass smelling like a gas chamber; egg whites are high in sulfur.

The pasteurization process is supposed to destroy the enzyme albumin
albumin In the enzyme which is what slows dow the digestion process in raw eggs making them only something like 70% bio available l so technically the pasteurized egg whites are cooked and should hold the same easy digestion as regular cooked eggs

wrong "a" word

There is definitely an absorption issue with some people. I’ve used muscle egg, egg whites international, etc. all of them and they all gave me the absolute worst gas humanly possible. My wife even threaten to leave. Egg protein powder also gives me awful gas but about half as bad as the liquid. On the other hand if I cook eggs and eat them I don’t get any of the negative effects.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131