over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Liquid Egg Whites

xx

Registered
Newbies
Liquid egg whites can be a great source of protein but... is the protein bioavailable?

I've seen this discussed in many places but wanted to see what you all thought, any first hand experience using this as your protein supplementation? What kind of results did you have?

I would supplement with other protein powder sources but I am allergic to most of them so this would most likely be my best option for extra protein.

I use em daily, buy a carton 200 calories all protein. Add 8 oz mushroom 1 tomato make omlette. Add pepper oregano parmasian cheese, maybe 1/4 cup pasta sauce. Makes it feel like a meal vs disgusting plain egg whites.

Liquid egg whites can be a great source of protein but... is the protein bioavailable?

I've seen this discussed in many places but wanted to see what you all thought, any first hand experience using this as your protein supplementation? What kind of results did you have?

I would supplement with other protein powder sources but I am allergic to most of them so this would most likely be my best option for extra protein.

I believe with the egg whites in the carton and those being pasteurized they can be eaten "raw" (they aren't really raw since they are pasteurized).

I believe with the egg whites in the carton and those being pasteurized they can be eaten "raw" (they aren't really raw since they are pasteurized).
yes that's the main part of my question, should have worded it better. I'm wondering if the protein is still bioavailable if you just drink the egg whites raw.

yes that's the main part of my question, should have worded it better. I'm wondering if the protein is still bioavailable if you just drink the egg whites raw.

Yes due to the pasteurization process (which is really just heating) it makes the protein more bioavailable. They are in liquid form but they are essentially "cooked".

Yes due to the pasteurization process (which is really just heating) it makes the protein more bioavailable. They are in liquid form but they are essentially "cooked".
thanks, wasn't sure.

I have the exact same problem. I have a million food allergies, and i have an allergic reaction to almost every powder shake. My coach has me drinking muscle egg. It's fucking amazing. low to no sugar in all of them (check the labels, vanilla has 4g of sugar per 26g of protein BUT caramel has none). I have 2 muscle egg drinks a day. 1 with fruity pebbles PWO, and the other with an english muffin (On top of my other 4 meals). It's expensive but worth it if you have this problem like I do. I buy 4 of the big 8lb containers and it last me a little over a month, so about $150. probably twice as much as powders, but it's worth it in our situation.

Reactions: xx
I have the exact same problem. I have a million food allergies, and i have an allergic reaction to almost every powder shake. My coach has me drinking muscle egg. It's fucking amazing. low to no sugar in all of them (check the labels, vanilla has 4g of sugar per 26g of protein BUT caramel has none). I have 2 muscle egg drinks a day. 1 with fruity pebbles PWO, and the other with an english muffin (On top of my other 4 meals). It's expensive but worth it if you have this problem like I do. I buy 4 of the big 8lb containers and it last me a little over a month, so about $150. probably twice as much as powders, but it's worth it in our situation.
wow that does seem awesome, I wonder if it would be easy to just mix my own jug of egg whites with vanilla and some sugar. Might have to pick up some of this to try it though, seems like a great option even though its a bit pricey. Thank you.

buy whey hydrolyzate and 99% you will not have any allergic reactions after that

you have to remember that it is egg proteins that most often cause allergies and digestive problems, besides proteins without yolks do not have a full profile of amino acids

buy whey hydrolyzate and 99% you will not have any allergic reactions after that

you have to remember that it is egg proteins that most often cause allergies and digestive problems, besides proteins without yolks do not have a full profile of amino acids
I have tried 2 or 3 over the past 2 years. I might just try an unflavored one. Idk what it is man..

You can safely drink them. I do better cooking them. Drinking them raw gasses up my stomach.

I see you said 4 of the big 8lb containers, is that powder or liquid from them? looking into this now, might try it out.

I see you said 4 of the big 8lb containers, is that powder or liquid from them? looking into this now, might try it out.
Liquid! If you're in an "offseason" setting right now, the 4g of sugar probably wouldn't be an issue in most of the flavors. If it is, get the caramel chocolate. Only 2g of carbs and they are fiber I believe (double check, this is off a foggy brain). Also, if you get cake batter, let me know how it is!!!! I haven't tried it yet.

Reactions: xx
Raw eggs are good for growing muscle according to this study. I tend to think that pasteurized whites would work as well.

Those egg white cartons are probably 30% of my daily protein intake. Drinking them, not cooking them up.
No digestion issues, no nothing.

I think I remember reading where a true raw egg white only has about 70% bioavailability due to and enzyme "avidin" binding to the protein or something like that

The carton egg whites are cooked to 130 something degree, just hit enough to kill bacteria and neutralize the enzyme making them 95+% bioavailability.

Just pulling this from memory which is about a long as my dick so I could be COMPLETELY off base

I put around 6 ounces in the shaker cup, 6 ounces of Lactaid Milk, and a scoop of whey.
(A couple of these drinks each day)... zero stomach issues..

A great method to drink egg white (if don't like the taste) is add sweetener like the ones used in coffee

Here is the biggest downside for me and curious if you all get this issue...I start to smell if I drink too many. I'm not talking farts here folks...I'm talking my skin, sweat, etc. literally has an egg smell. Doesn't matter the brand, I literally get an egg smell that emanates from my body.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear