over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

liquid egg whites

GetBigger83

Registered
i found this website **broken link removed** and thought getting this would be easier then having to cook eggs everyday. do u guys think they are just as good as the eggs you would cook?

They taste great if you just drink them plain. I've never cooked with them cause they are just too good to just drink and make smoothies with. good stuff.

shoulda been more specific sorry, but i ment good as in a protein source.

yeah ive been using lanas eggwhites for a week now and love them... they are super convenient for sure

Protein shakes

I add a 1/3 cup in all my proteins shakes and they taste just fine, can't really tell I use them.

Dude, this stuff is egg minus the yolk. Its the same stuff.
A bottle can last a while, so if U decide to freeze, take my advice... allow 3 days to thaw in the fridge. Not on the counter and DEFINATLEY dont thaw in the Micro:eek:

Has anyone here ever tried Rose Acre Farms dried egg whites? Its like 65.00 for ten pounds. Each tablespoon has 15grams of protein. Seems like a great deal but I haven't bought them yet. Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with them.

Oh yea, lanas egg whites are great.

Has anyone here ever tried Rose Acre Farms dried egg whites? Its like 65.00 for ten pounds. Each tablespoon has 15grams of protein. Seems like a great deal but I haven't bought them yet. Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with them.

Oh yea, lanas egg whites are great.

I saw you post and looked Rose Acre Farms dried egg whites and I had to order some. After shipping it worked out to $7.60 a pound. Compared to egg whites international they are less then 25% of the price. It works out like this:
Egg whites international $0.0846 per gram of protein
Rose Acre Farms $0.0195 per gram of protein

At that price I simply had to try them. I will let you know how are they are when I get them.

Liquid egg whites..

Even though they are pasturized, the temperature isnt high enough to neutralize all the avidin in the egg whites. Long term use could lead to a b-6 deficiency? Cant it? I mean yeah, bacteria is all dead, avidin is still present isnt it? Plus, its not completely bioavailiable until cooked right? You can only digest 50 or so % of the protein until cooked?
Just my thoughts.

sorry..

I mean biotin deficiency, not b6.

i just buy the egg beaters liquid egg whites, i go through one carton a day every day and have been growing and no problems other than very stinky farts but thats the sulfur doing that

i just buy the egg beaters liquid egg whites, i go through one carton a day every day and have been growing and no problems other than very stinky farts but thats the sulfur doing that

You can still get some of the protein from it, its just not the highest BV that it could be. Plus you could be setting yourself up for a vitamin deficiency. no?

Bump this^^^ I've been using liquid eggwhites raw in my shakes from eggwhiteinternational. It says on their damn website that its biogradable and you absorb it all. If not, thats false advertisment and they can face some serious charges.

I used to use liquid egg whites in shakes too, until..

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=107875421
After reading that i started doing my own research. Including an email to the egg whites international website, and got a very similar response, that when used too frequently, as in more than 1/4th to 1/2 a cup a day or more, can easily cause a biotin deficiency.

"...there have been companies shilling pasteurized egg whites that claim the pasteurization process renders the avidin inert...which is obviously not the case."

"AllWhites must be fully cooked in order for the Biotin present in egg whites to be available for absorption. In its natural raw state, avidin, a protein found in egg whites, binds with biotin (a B-vitamin). When bound to avidin, our bodies are unable to absorb biotin from the egg white. The heat treatment or pasteurization temperature of the AllWhites is not high enough to denature the avidin protein, therefore the biotin remains bound. "

Even if you are consuming less, I cant imagine the BV of the protein in uncooked liquid egg whites to be more than somewhere between 40-50%.

Last edited:
Been using Lana's for a while. I love them. Quick and very convenient.

SO???

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=107875421
After reading that i started doing my own research. Including an email to the egg whites international website, and got a very similar response, that when used too frequently, as in more than 1/4th to 1/2 a cup a day or more, can easily cause a biotin deficiency.

"...there have been companies shilling pasteurized egg whites that claim the pasteurization process renders the avidin inert...which is obviously not the case."

"AllWhites must be fully cooked in order for the Biotin present in egg whites to be available for absorption. In its natural raw state, avidin, a protein found in egg whites, binds with biotin (a B-vitamin). When bound to avidin, our bodies are unable to absorb biotin from the egg white. The heat treatment or pasteurization temperature of the AllWhites is not high enough to denature the avidin protein, therefore the biotin remains bound. "

Even if you are consuming less, I cant imagine the BV of the protein in uncooked liquid egg whites to be more than somewhere between 40-50%.

So how "cooked" do they need to be?
Can you just increase biotin supplements?
I do like to add the liquid egg whites to a cup of frozen blueberries and blend them up with a few packs of splenda.
I dont think I can give it up.....

From what Ive heard..

So how "cooked" do they need to be?
Can you just increase biotin supplements?
I do like to add the liquid egg whites to a cup of frozen blueberries and blend them up with a few packs of splenda.
I dont think I can give it up.....

From research and replies from companies, it looks like they arent cooked enough to completely neutralize avidin until the point of a light scramble (just to the point where they cook to the pan, and still look soft/liquidy). Because the avidin binds to the biotin, increasing biotin will do nothing, if you have had uncooked liquid egg whites that day. Although, id imagine that if you had ONE egg white shake per day, in the morning, double dose biotin at night, you may be able to get away with it. Im not sure what the life of an avidin enzyme would be. Im going to look into this some more.
And that sounds like a good recipe. Might have to try it :)

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws