over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

LISINOPRIL vs L-arginine

Cinder

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
72 year old is already on Metoprolol Succinate ER 100 MG.

This PA (doesn't remember any of her patients) wants her on Lisinophril along with
Hctz maybe. She complained that it's makes her sick. The PA said to just deal with it.

There's gotta be alternatives to Lisinopril at least. maybe hctz.

Thoughts?

An angiotensin receptor blocker (ARB) like Losartan, Telmisartan, etc. A bit more expensive than ACEi's like Lisinopril, which is probably why the piece of shit doc is hesitant to prescribe them. But ARBs equally effective (similar MOA) while having less side effects.

72 year old is already on Metoprolol Succinate ER 100 MG.

This PA (doesn't remember any of her patients) wants her on Lisinophril along with
Hctz maybe. She complained that it's makes her sick. The PA said to just deal with it.

There's gotta be alternatives to Lisinopril at least. maybe hctz.

Thoughts?
I personally do better with losartan than lisinopril. Lisinopril gave me an annoying cough that losartan doesn't. Research losartan additional health benefits. It's not for everyone but is for me for what it's worth. Arginine will most likely have a very minimal effect at best... Best of luck

I personally do better with losartan than lisinopril. Lisinopril gave me an annoying cough that losartan doesn't. Research losartan additional health benefits. It's not for everyone but is for me for what it's worth. Arginine will most likely have a very minimal effect at best... Best of luck

Yeah! She had aggressive cough

An angiotensin receptor blocker (ARB) like Losartan, Telmisartan, etc. A bit more expensive than ACEi's like Lisinopril, which is probably why the piece of shit doc is hesitant to prescribe them. But ARBs equally effective (similar MOA) while having less side effects.
Thank you

Not a bag fan of lisinopril due to high risk of Angio edema

Damn you guys are opening my eyes

The annoying cough from lisinopril is pretty common bro. You might consider spinning it to her doctor like it's an allergic reaction to lisinopril and recommend losartan. Losartan has some actual benefits other than lowering blood pressure by dilation of blood vessels like protection from age related muscular atrophy. That's one of the reasons why I switched to it and have recommended several friends and family members to switch to it as well. Good luck bro as some doctors can be a little egotistical when it comes to listening to recommendations. I'm very fortunate to have a good relationship with my doctors and they know that I do my due diligence when it comes to my health and medications that I take. I simply tell them that I won't take it if I don't like the effect it has on me...

That cough is like a tickle in the back of your throat, and you don't just live with it. The PA sounds like an idiot because that is a known, common side effect with old ace inhibitors like captopril and lisinopril. If the patient has that problem you go with something else. There are lots of things like ARBs, calcium channel blockers, and diuretics.

What things are there that make you state its not for everyone, also what health benefits over lisinopril? Thanks

What things are there that make you state its not for everyone, also what health benefits over lisinopril? Thanks
Just like lisinopril isn't from everyone bud and certain antibiotics, etc. Some just respond better to certain drugs than others or may have a negative reaction to it. That's all I meant by "it's not for everyone". I don't like blanket statements like saying "it's better". Do a google search on benefits of losartan and losartan vs lisinopril. You'll see some studies and then you can draw your own conclusion.

How much is everyone normally paying for lisinopril?

Benicar is a good alternative. Like others said, have her ask about an ARB. Me personally, I've taken both with no bad sides on either.

I take a hefty dose of Lisinopril daily (60 mg) and have done so for a few years. Zero sides. Crushes the high BP like nothing else.

I paid like $13 for 90 pills at 40mg - which is my daily dose

Have you noticed to help with sodium retention and specifically moon face? I know you're a fan of growth and test

ACE inhibitors and ARBs have been shown effective in preventing or at least slowing the process of renal disease in patients with diabetes by interfering with the renin-angiotensin system. ACE inhibitors and ARBs lower intraglomerular pressure by decreasing efferent arteriolar pressure.

Was pre hypertensive 149/95 10mg Lisinopril once a day puts me at 118/78 while on a gram/week. Cough only when first prescribed

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws