over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Little food + diet tips and tricks you've picked up along the way

BULK_CITY

Registered
List any diet, nutrition, or food related tip and tricks you know of. Even the smallest, most common sense ones might help someone :)

Mine:

1- Dump frozen fruit into your oats right as you take them out of the microwave. Give them a quick stir and they should be at the perfect temperature and the heat from the oats will thaw out the fruit.

2- When trying to just drop BF (not contest prep), gum and frozen fruit smoothies take away all my cravings for sweets

3-frozen fruit can actually be better for you than fresh fruit depending on how ripe the fresh fruit is. Frozen fruits are picked at the peak ripeness of their season then sometimes boiled then frozen so they end up having plenty of good nutrients in them (I used to think freezing fruits/veges wiped out all the nutrients).

4- I always recommend this to people to prevent splatter in the microwave.
Amazon.com: Nordic Ware 65004 11-Inch Microwave Plate Cover: Kitchen & Dining

5- Total insulin response (mainly from carbs), and total daily calories plays probalby the 2 biggest roles in adding LBM vs fat when talking about diet only (assuming your food choices and timing are decent and you aren't deficient in anything)

6- adding carbs + fats in the same meal doesn't make a huge difference (not talking about c + f around workouts though) as long as you are hitting your macros for the day

7- learning how much to eat and having a rough macro outline for the day should be the first step. Then with that as your rough guideline, learning to eat when you are hungry and listening to your body will make things much easier and probalby give you better results (different when trying to lose BF)

not sure if everyone will agree with these but so far this is what I've found to be helpful for me

very interested in reading what everyone else has to add!

buy an old junk coffee pot at a yardsale. set the timer for the morning. put your oats in the pot. water in the water spot obviously. then in the morning when you wake up... you have hot oats already waiting for you.

sugar free/fat free jello pudding powder... use it on anything... cottage cheese. greek yogurt. etc

if your sick of bulking and always eating.. liquid calories are gold
-- put your tuna, oats and spinach in the blender... add in some crystal lite/water. blend and drink... tastes like crystal lite.

bison is gods meat

ezekiel breads and cereal are gods carbs

if your always on the go
-- put your oats in a shaker cup. add cold water. and drink. easy as pie

buy an old junk coffee pot at a yardsale. set the timer for the morning. put your oats in the pot. water in the water spot obviously. then in the morning when you wake up... you have hot oats already waiting for you.

hahahahahahaha that is genius.....not that it's really difficult not make instant oatmeal......but still.......I like where your heads at.

What works for you doesn't work for others. I hate when I hear," Well I did this and that, and I got X and Y." Guess what?

I'm not you; I don't have your hormones, your overall genetics, etc.

Just a ton of myths you read on mainstream forums left me at a complete 360 2 years later. It's these things I'm trying out now that are providing actual results.

I remember beating me to death that you need an insulin spike PWO. And that weight is the ultimate measuring stick. Honestly, as someone that's never going to compete, just looking good naked is great.

whether you are bulking or just cutting you have to get a digital scale. weigh your food !! and write down your gains for one season and then the next. compare..then adjust.

hahahahahahaha that is genius.....not that it's really difficult not make instant oatmeal......but still.......I like where your heads at.

x2 - that is classic man - I have never tried that, but I am going to do that tonight...great idea.

JM

whether you are bulking or just cutting you have to get a digital scale. weigh your food !! and write down your gains for one season and then the next. compare..then adjust.

agreed with the scale whether your bulking or cutting!!

every sunday, we as a family get chinese

at the end of every order, i always throw in
about 6 or 7 quarts of white and brown rice

poof!!!!......i NEVER have to cook rice
shit stays for about 2 weeks

:cool:

If you microwave it to heat it add 1 tbsp water for every cup of rice and it will come out of the microwave like it was fresh.

If you microwave it to heat it add 1 tbsp water for every cup of rice and it will come out of the microwave like it was fresh.

yep......and!!!!!

franks red-hot.....couple splashs
i put that shit on everything:p

Always have sugar free jello in fridge to curb off sweet tooths.

Buy a vaccum sealer. Pre cook your meals, then freeze them. When its time to eat just slit the bag an mocrwoave it. this is especially helpful when you are dead after training legs.

Always have sugar free jello in fridge to curb off sweet tooths.

Buy a vaccum sealer. Pre cook your meals, then freeze them. When its time to eat just slit the bag an mocrwoave it. this is especially helpful when you are dead after training legs.

hmm interesting. I was doing this with disposable tupperware but I like your idea

Friggin' Genius! The Chinese place down the street just got more business!

Now if I could just find a "cooked skinless chicken breast" outlet, I'd be set;)

Friggin' Genius! The Chinese place down the street just got more business!

Now if I could just find a "cooked skinless chicken breast" outlet, I'd be set;)

Order from chinese place, Chicken and broccoli with garlic sause with sauce on the side. they steam( read boil) the chicken and veggies before they hit it in the Wok wiht the sauce. so you are in all actuallity getting boiled chicken and Broccoli.

Last edited:
if you like Franks, you MUST try Siricha sauce, google it, find it, buy it....youll love it, my grocery store carries it. its badass, comes in a clear container with a green tip. kind of like an oldschool mustard bottle.
\
Here tenny i did it for ya.
sirichi - Google Search

yes that stuff is awesome!!!!

This right here has changed my life forever. Thank you Donzi!

Thanks everyone for their replies, lots of good stuff! Keep them coming

For guys that have hunger issues or maybe can't stand another chicken/fish/beef meal the easiest way for me to get in protein has been making protein "pudding". Scivation guys call it sludge so if you are familiar with that it's about the same thing.

All I do is take my powder, say 2 rounded scoops and put it in a bowl while drizzling water sloooowly. Mix it in with a spoon till it comes to pudding consistency and toss it in the fridge for 30 minutes or the freezer for 10. You can mix in anything... think almond butter, olive oil, ground oats, fruit, coconut oil, ezekial cereal etc. An especially good combo is some chopped cherries in chocolate powder(think chocolate covered cherries). You don't have all the water to fill you up with a regular shake and if your protein is any good you'll feel like you are eating dessert. Team Skip or similar blend from TP in any of their chocolate flavors work well. 50/50 Egg White and Casein is even better for this purpose although an isolate works alright.

Nothing groundbreaking... but a nice little trick to enjoy protein powder if you are tired of the norm.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws