advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

little off topic, broken toilet seat! Need advice on replacemnt!

maldorf

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I just bought a couple of new toilet seats. One for the kid's bathroom and one for mine. We have only been using it for a bit over 1 week and today I was using it and it broken, clean across the whole seat. Has anyone else had this? It was a nice Kohler seat too. $30 I paid for that piece of crap! I bought it at Lowes, so I will be taking that back tomorrow and exchanging it for another one. This should be interesting returning a toilet seat! Luckily I still have the receipt.

Anyone know the best brand of toilet seat? I wonder if they make them heavy duty for heavier people. I weigh about 245 now. The old seat was fine, I don't know what brand it was though. The old one was about 10 years old and I bought a new one because it was starting to fade and didn't look so nice anymore. Kinda wish I had kept it now. The one I got for the kids was Church brand. It seemed a bit nicer. It was $40.

The Kolher that broke is wooden. Maybe plastic is stronger? **broken link removed**

Our toilets are elongated.

I think I figured out the problem

This may interest anyone planning on buying a new toilet seat. Apparently some of the new seats no longer have the little support bumpers on the rear of the seat. I read that in a review for the seat I bought. So when you raise the seat and look at the bottom of it, it only has the 2 supports in the front. Nothing in the back. We still have some of the old seat in our house and I looked at them, they have 4 supports (2 in front and 2 in the rear).

So the seat has to support all of that weight across a much larger span of seat because it lacks the support that rests on the bowl. I will have to shop for one tomorrow that has the supports in the rear. I think that is the problem. Why they would take away those supports makes no sense! The other seat I bought, the Church brand, is the same way. We need better toilet seat engineers. The engineers in the past were smarter than the ones we have now apparently.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Home Depot has a Kohler bidet seat for 90 bucks. A toilet seat that shoots a stream of water up your butt for 90 bucks..... Now THAT my friend, is what we call "Luxury on a Budget".

https://www.homedepot.com/p/KOHLER-...gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CP2tw73qid4CFcFDNwodwHEKGQ

Im thinking about getting the brand Big John or something similar! These look substantial. No frills but heavy duty.

https://thetoiletzone.com/best-toilet-seats-heavy-people/

If you look at the first picture on that page you will see the bottom of a good seat and it has the 4 support pads.

Last edited:
Standard big guy problem, it happens. I always like some cushion on my seat...but that does lead to more frequent replacement as the cush wears out.

Gay as fuck :D
I thought the same until I tried it. It's not a very high pressure stream of water, so it's not gonna fucking penetrate your asshole. Plus, you can just swirl the water stream around your asshole without it getting too close.

Has nobody else that is around 250 + lbs not broken a toilet seat?! Don't tell me I am the only one!

I just looked at another of our toilets that has an original old seat on it and it only has two supports on it. It is in the finished basement and doesn't get as much use, but it is still 10 years old and I have used it quite a bit over 10 years. I guess this new one is just made of crappy (pun intended) material.

Just get something standard that matches your toilet color in a heavy duty plastic.

• Don't get wood. Wood isn't as sanitary, and it can break.
  • Do get the slow-close feature.... those are nice.
  • Do look for stainless steel hardware, if possible..... usually the plastic hinges and grommets and crap break before the seat will.

IMO, they are pretty much all disposable. Even if the seat doesn't crack, the support feet will get smooshed and break eventually.

:)

Edit: You don't need to spend $120 on something made for 1200lb fat people, that is stupid. You can replace a $30 seat 4 times before you equal the cost.

Last edited:
It’s happened to me 3 times. Those wooden seats aren’t for big guys. I have the kholer plastic ones that close slow so they don’t slam shut.

It’s happened to me 3 times. Those wooden seats aren’t for big guys. I have the kholer plastic ones that close slow so they don’t slam shut.

Yeah, just gone on that is solid plastic and not wood. Made sure it has the 4 supports under the seat that sit on the bowl. The front ones have rubber feet too to keep it from slipping. A bit more expensive than the last one, $50.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
knarf447
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131