over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Little tip for making rice tastier

heavyhitter

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Furikake seasoning. It’s a Japanese condiment and if you’ve ever had a poke bowl you’ve likely tasted it. It’s essentially toasted seaweed, toasted sesame seeds, and bonito fish flakes(what makes ramen so yummy) it’s got an incredible salty umami flavor that just makes it so easy to pound down rice, eggs, or lots of things. BONUS…..it’s very high in iodine which essentially all Americans are deficient in which is why thyroid disorder is so rampant in this country. Give it a try and youll thank me, it’s addictive. This is the one I use, but they’re all good really

Attachments

• 3675409E-B4EC-4774-A8E9-A797A59C25DB.jpeg
    3675409E-B4EC-4774-A8E9-A797A59C25DB.jpeg
    78 KB · Views: 36
French onion soup mix is another great way to. spice up rice. I mean at least add some salt and pepper to the water, damn

Adding one packet of walmart stevia so you have sweet and salty, like all the hyper-palatable junk food, makes it a little easier as well. There are some studies somewhere that found you are more likely to overconsume if there is sweet and salty available vs either alone. I also have five different soy sauces at home and they all have a little different flavor.

I never struggle to finish meals but since I cracked a tooth and had it pulled with bone graph implanted I only have one side of my mouth thus eating slower and this has really made it harder to finish meals, so the whole don't eat fast has merit. So eat fast lol.

I'll repeat, you are the undisputed Rice Guru on this board. I like to cook and I can tell you do too. I try this stuff out.

I have been wanting to make ramen without using the cheep varieties as the base noodle and seasoning so maybe this should help me achieve that flavor I'm going for.

I have been using just a little salt in my rice the last year and it really adds to flavor.

Adding one packet of walmart stevia so you have sweet and salty, like all the hyper-palatable junk food, makes it a little easier as well. There are some studies somewhere that found you are more likely to overconsume if there is sweet and salty available vs either alone. I also have five different soy sauces at home and they all have a little different flavor.

I never struggle to finish meals but since I cracked a tooth and had it pulled with bone graph implanted I only have one side of my mouth thus eating slower and this has really made it harder to finish meals, so the whole don't eat fast has merit. So eat fast lol.
I actually add a little dextrose to my rice(learned this from Stan Efferding. Makes you produce more amylase to digest the carbs) and it really does make it easier to get down and I get hungrier faster

I'll repeat, you are the undisputed Rice Guru on this board. I like to cook and I can tell you do too. I try this stuff out.

I have been wanting to make ramen without using the cheep varieties as the base noodle and seasoning so maybe this should help me achieve that flavor I'm going for.

I have been using just a little salt in my rice the last year and it really adds to flavor.
So this is more of a topping that you shake on like salt and pepper. I have put it on ramen though and it’s great. It contains nori seaweed and no uti flakes both of which are used to make ramen broth. Little tip. Buy a decent brand of instant ramen like Sapporo. Add in 1/2 tbl miso paste, a tsp oyster sauce, a little soy, and a touch of sesame oil to the water your boiling the noddles in and you’ll be blown away at the flavor difference. Too with a poached egg and some green onion. This was made from shin yun black instant ramen that I “fixed” lol. I added sautéed mushrooms and fried chickpeas

Attachments

• 98A9907A-B258-4A92-A7C4-379027C48FD9.jpeg
    98A9907A-B258-4A92-A7C4-379027C48FD9.jpeg
    86.1 KB · Views: 12
Same instant ramen with a soft boiled marinated egg, oyster mushrooms, and wilted bok choy

Attachments

• D8D5E54B-8DEA-49C3-8412-439CA560B63C.jpeg
    D8D5E54B-8DEA-49C3-8412-439CA560B63C.jpeg
    148.8 KB · Views: 8
Also made from instant ramen. I made char siu pork to place in this one

Attachments

• 91175E52-6C5A-497D-831A-A2A311668CB9.jpeg
    91175E52-6C5A-497D-831A-A2A311668CB9.jpeg
    139.5 KB · Views: 6
So this is more of a topping that you shake on like salt and pepper. I have put it on ramen though and it’s great. It contains nori seaweed and no uti flakes both of which are used to make ramen broth. Little tip. Buy a decent brand of instant ramen like Sapporo. Add in 1/2 tbl miso paste, a tsp oyster sauce, a little soy, and a touch of sesame oil to the water your boiling the noddles in and you’ll be blown away at the flavor difference. Too with a poached egg and some green onion. This was made from shin yun black instant ramen that I “fixed” lol. I added sautéed mushrooms and fried chickpeas

HH, you are definitely speaking my language. I will take Ramen and adds veggies and sometimes proteins and always with 1-2 raw eggs dropped in at the end. I sometimes do Instagram videos with the end result looking pretty and then alter it with the proportions I want after tanking pictures. Your pics look clean while mine are a little more earthy. And I'll use similar ingredients.

I'll do the Ramen bowls for me but especially my daughter who loves Ramen and its a good way to get her to eat veggies and proteins when I make it compared to when she makes it with no added ingredients. I stopped using Ramen as a base and only do rice or potatoes these days, as honestly, as the Ramen was contributing to heart palpitations. I was noticing a correlation with this recently and stopped any Ramen/MSG product and I'm 90% reduced with heart palpitations.

Last time I tried to make a Ramen sauce without the base packet and noodle was when a girl came over who was Vietnamese and I sort of bombed. Being that she was vegan I tried to use similar noodles and make my own sauce but it didn't turn out well. Pretty much was nailing my dishes and went off my path with a on the fly recipe that was lesser than my prior dishes. So I'll try would combo of ingredients as I recently started using oyster sauce and learning where it fits. One soy sauce I like is Braggs amino acids. I feel its such much better tasting than regular soy and regular soy can give me headaches.

HH, you are definitely speaking my language. I will take Ramen and adds veggies and sometimes proteins and always with 1-2 raw eggs dropped in at the end. I sometimes do Instagram videos with the end result looking pretty and then alter it with the proportions I want after tanking pictures. Your pics look clean while mine are a little more earthy. And I'll use similar ingredients.

I'll do the Ramen bowls for me but especially my daughter who loves Ramen and its a good way to get her to eat veggies and proteins when I make it compared to when she makes it with no added ingredients. I stopped using Ramen as a base and only do rice or potatoes these days, as honestly, as the Ramen was contributing to heart palpitations. I was noticing a correlation with this recently and stopped any Ramen/MSG product and I'm 90% reduced with heart palpitations.

Last time I tried to make a Ramen sauce without the base packet and noodle was when a girl came over who was Vietnamese and I sort of bombed. Being that she was vegan I tried to use similar noodles and make my own sauce but it didn't turn out well. Pretty much was nailing my dishes and went off my path with a on the fly recipe that was lesser than my prior dishes. So I'll try would combo of ingredients as I recently started using oyster sauce and learning where it fits. One soy sauce I like is Braggs amino acids. I feel its such much better tasting than regular soy and regular soy can give me headaches.
Most of the food pics I take are of my wife’s plates because they look nicer and more uniform. Mine are such huge portions and usually with less veggies lol

Try some Thai golden mountain sauce sometime. It tastes like soy, but soooo much more depth of flavor

Attachments

• 6CD121B2-C80F-4D67-904B-0D5CF4D6BEAF.png
    6CD121B2-C80F-4D67-904B-0D5CF4D6BEAF.png
    180.3 KB · Views: 11
golden mountain sauce is incredible, think of it as a sweet soy sauce

one of my. favorite sites for this stuff https://importfood.com/
There’s a fucking huge Asian market by my house that used to be a Kroger grocery store and I buy all my goodies from there. So damn cheap

I like to add fruit to my rice. Pineapple or mango are my favs. Dried fruit such as goji berries are another fav of mine. Any good sauce can make a massive difference. Even just a little pineapple juice is a nice trick I use. Light soy sauce I do quite a lot as well. Post workout I drizzle honey on my rice (tastes amazing).

I like to add fruit to my rice. Pineapple or mango are my favs. Dried fruit such as goji berries are another fav of mine. Any good sauce can make a massive difference. Even just a little pineapple juice is a nice trick I use. Light soy sauce I do quite a lot as well. Post workout I drizzle honey on my rice (tastes amazing).
I make Thai mango sticky rice quite often. Here it is with some Thai curry rubbed fried chicken

Attachments

• C84B5B4F-3030-4239-B29E-A264D0C53B6D.jpeg
    C84B5B4F-3030-4239-B29E-A264D0C53B6D.jpeg
    84.1 KB · Views: 3
Furikake seasoning. It’s a Japanese condiment and if you’ve ever had a poke bowl you’ve likely tasted it. It’s essentially toasted seaweed, toasted sesame seeds, and bonito fish flakes(what makes ramen so yummy) it’s got an incredible salty umami flavor that just makes it so easy to pound down rice, eggs, or lots of things. BONUS…..it’s very high in iodine which essentially all Americans are deficient in which is why thyroid disorder is so rampant in this country. Give it a try and youll thank me, it’s addictive. This is the one I use, but they’re all good really
Thank you! I never knew what this stuff was but it absolutely makes rice taste even better!

Thank you! I never knew what this stuff was but it absolutely makes rice taste even better!
Dude it really does doesn’t it? It adds a bit of crunchy texture, it’s salty, and very savory. A little drizzle of soy sauce over it and some raw salmon or tuna and you’ve got an instant poke bowl

Attachments

• 99E5C202-F6A2-416D-A36D-A0EBA9FB947D.jpeg
    99E5C202-F6A2-416D-A36D-A0EBA9FB947D.jpeg
    113.1 KB · Views: 6

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member