over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

LIVE VIDEO OF OIL SPILL

Makes you feel good about the floating gas plant their going to put in the middle of cyclone alley doesn't it? The first one tried anywhere in the world! Great to be guineapigs for the rich corporate giants. Former US prez George Bush allowed offshore drilling after it was banned. Why is our petrol price is going up in Australia because of the fucking spill.

Wow, your gas prices are rising there? Ours are going down! They say that prices are going down now because demand is going down. The economic trouble over in Europe is helping to drive them down. I would think your prices are down now too. Gas around here is about $2.55 a gallon for the regular. It was up to around $3.00/gal about 2 months ago or so.

Wow, your gas prices are rising there? Ours are going down! They say that prices are going down now because demand is going down. The economic trouble over in Europe is helping to drive them down. I would think your prices are down now too. Gas around here is about $2.55 a gallon for the regular. It was up to around $3.00/gal about 2 months ago or so.

I think Aus. is one of the only places where fuel prices fluctuate so rapidly and the Singapore benchmark price of petrol (MOPS95 Petrol) is the key price benchmark for petrol in Australia.

The price of petrol at the pump doesn't concern me too much though because the more it costs, the less reason people have to keep using it and hopefully the sooner governments will be pushed into investing in cleaner fuels.

I think Aus. is one of the only places where fuel prices fluctuate so rapidly and the Singapore benchmark price of petrol (MOPS95 Petrol) is the key price benchmark for petrol in Australia.

The price of petrol at the pump doesn't concern me too much though because the more it costs, the less reason people have to keep using it and hopefully the sooner governments will be pushed into investing in cleaner fuels.

I really wish the US would start buiding more cars that burn diesel. Do you have many diesel engine cars in Australia? Audi is finally put out some here in the US, and I think I may encourage my wife to buy one for her next car. Those turbo diesels get great milage and have some awesome torque. id love to see a diesel hybrid. I havent heard of any of those yet, has anyone?

Just going off of what they showed on CNN. Maybe they got it all wrong, but Id hope not. The newsperson said they got their info from BP.

Im not saying that BP isnt doing their best. I never said that, maybe you need to go back and read my posts again. What I did say is that it felt like, at first at least, that BP was trying to keep it as low profile as they could. Maybe in the long run keeping it low profile is good to keep down panic, but I feel like the public is entitled to know the truth. BP is faced with a really bad problem here and is doing their best, but the situation I think is worse than they are letting on. That is what I was trying to say. I never once said that BP or the government werent doing their best. I see no conspiracy theory here!

Agreed bro (dude) :)

the plaintiff's bar is going to have a field day with this one, the whole freakn legal industry is going to benefit
even the defense bar will benefit as they defend the hundreds of lawsuits

I cant believe that BP did not have any "worst case scenarios" in place if such an event ever happened. I guess they just assumed that it would never happen...pretty stupid.:confused:

they have a standard BOP (blow out preventer) and 3 shear blinds... in case one fails, there are 2 others to fall back on... they took their precautions, but shit happens...

i'm not allowed to give out any info about how many wells we drill here, but your jaw would drop if i told you... out of all those wells drilled, throughout all these decades, there's bound to be some shit that'll go wrong... but the media usually blows shit out of proportion... 5 years from now no one will remember this... cuz this shit has happened before in many other countries (some much more severe... especially when we talk about H2S leaks) and no one remembers them.

and about H2S... you should be thankful that there's no H2S there... or else... well... then you'd really have some serious news :)

and seriously guys... the dispersant they're using isn't some secret plot to hide the oil from the public and let it sink at the bottom and destroy humanity while BP fat cats laugh loud and say "haha! those fools believed our plan!"... :D ... they're really trying to stop this.

Julie Cart
Los Angeles Times
May 30, 2010

Florida scientists just back from a research voyage in the Gulf of Mexico on Friday reported finding a layer of dissolved hydrocarbons that was at least 20 miles long, apparently confirming the ‘oil plume’ discovered by another research vessel a week ago. The team brought back water samples to determine if the material is oil from the BP leak.

Scientists suspect that the far-flung subsea oil is a result of the use of dispersants that break up oil on the surface and distribute smaller particles into the gulf’s water column.

Ernst Pebbles, an associate professor of biological oceanography at the University of South Florida, said the ship’s sonar detected a thick “structure” at about a quarter-mile deep, some 45 miles northeast of the leaking well. He said they found a similar layer of hydrocarbons and particulates at 1,000 meters deep, about 24 miles from the crippled well.

Julie Cart
Los Angeles Times
May 30, 2010

Florida scientists just back from a research voyage in the Gulf of Mexico on Friday reported finding a layer of dissolved hydrocarbons that was at least 20 miles long, apparently confirming the ‘oil plume’ discovered by another research vessel a week ago. The team brought back water samples to determine if the material is oil from the BP leak.

Scientists suspect that the far-flung subsea oil is a result of the use of dispersants that break up oil on the surface and distribute smaller particles into the gulf’s water column.

Ernst Pebbles, an associate professor of biological oceanography at the University of South Florida, said the ship’s sonar detected a thick “structure” at about a quarter-mile deep, some 45 miles northeast of the leaking well. He said they found a similar layer of hydrocarbons and particulates at 1,000 meters deep, about 24 miles from the crippled well.

and???

they have a standard BOP (blow out preventer) and 3 shear blinds... in case one fails, there are 2 others to fall back on... they took their precautions, but shit happens...

i'm not allowed to give out any info about how many wells we drill here, but your jaw would drop if i told you... out of all those wells drilled, throughout all these decades, there's bound to be some shit that'll go wrong... but the media usually blows shit out of proportion... 5 years from now no one will remember this... cuz this shit has happened before in many other countries (some much more severe... especially when we talk about H2S leaks) and no one remembers them.

and about H2S... you should be thankful that there's no H2S there... or else... well... then you'd really have some serious news :)

So you're saying the ecological damage this oil can do is not valid? I have trouble not envisioning catastrophic ecological damage of the very sensitive marine estuaries all along the Gulf coast, and the billions and billions in economic fallout from this, and the loss of tourism resulting from the oil hitting FL beaches this season, as well as future years. But then again, i'm not in the industry and only know what i read online

The gear users know the media but yes, it is bad to see this happen in any case...

Do you all remember following the outrage of the lead taintaed childrens toys from China, China put the CEO's of the Toy's manufacturing plants to death!

Maybe the USA should demand ultimate accountability as China most surely would in this instance!

This is one area where China is way ahead of the US... -Accountability!

Do you all remember following the outrage of the lead taintaed childrens toys from China, China put the CEO's of the Toy's manufacturing plants to death!

Maybe the USA should demand ultimate accountability as China most surely would in this instance!

This is one area where China is way ahead of the US... -Accountability!

So China is ahead of us in accountability huh. Well try suing someone in China for anything. Good luck.

And the person they put to death was the head of their equivalent of our FDA who was proven in court to have taken bribes and knowingly allowed tainted products in multiple industries.
How you compare that to a blowout proventer (hardware) failure is beyond comprehension.
As Buselmo pointed out, mistakes happen in the oil industry and at least his country is intelligent enough to know their oil industry fuels their economy and doesn't eat their own.
Why don't we just put BP out of business so all the good paying jobs in the US who work for them will go away, and oh, while we're at it why don't we just get rid of the bad US oil companies so we can buy more foreign oil and pay $14.00 a gallon. Hate to tell you the gulf is international waters and just cause we don't drill doesn't mean other won't continue to. Be careful what you ask for. We ruined our nuclear industry in a over-reaction to an accident. While the rest of the world builds nuke power plants we have regulated our own out of existence.

So China is ahead of us in accountability huh. Well try suing someone in China for anything. Good luck.

And the person they put to death was the head of their equivalent of our FDA who was proven in court to have taken bribes and knowingly allowed tainted products in multiple industries.
How you compare that to a blowout proventer (hardware) failure is beyond comprehension.
As Buselmo pointed out, mistakes happen in the oil industry and at least his country is intelligent enough to know their oil industry fuels their economy and doesn't eat their own.
Why don't we just put BP out of business so all the good paying jobs in the US who work for them will go away, and oh, while we're at it why don't we just get rid of the bad US oil companies so we can buy more foreign oil and pay $14.00 a gallon. Hate to tell you the gulf is international waters and just cause we don't drill doesn't mean other won't continue to. Be careful what you ask for. We ruined our nuclear industry in a over-reaction to an accident. While the rest of the world builds nuke power plants we have regulated our own out of existence.

Yes, China is ahead of us when it comes to ultimate accountability as demonstrated by your confirmation above. Clearly I am not making any references to law suites or other juditial processes like that.

Demanding high level accountability from corporations, especially international ones doing business here is just good business and good policy.

Also, you would be a fool to believe that the bureaucrats at the Dept. of the interior are not taking kick-backs... really? Actually, I've read that it has been established that they were in fact taking kick-backs.

To your point of a hardware failure somehow not being a direct result of negligence on the part of BP, I would say BP quality control efforts are clearly shown complaisant.

In my opinion, BP should be bankrupted as an example to others in their industry. Personally, I would have them in front of a firing squad :)

Last edited:
Yes, China is ahead of us when it comes to ultimate accountability as demonstrated by your confirmation above. Clearly I am not making any references to law suites or other juditial processes like that.

Demanding high level accountability from corporations, especially international ones doing business here is just good business and good policy.

Also, you would be a fool to believe that the bureaucrats at the Dept. of the interior are not taking kick-backs... really? Actually, I've read that it has been established that they were in fact taking kick-backs.

To your point of a hardware failure somehow not being a direct result of negligence on the part of BP, I would say BP quality control efforts are clearly shown complaisant.

In my opinion, BP should be bankrupted as an example to others in their industry. Personally, I would have them in front of a firing squad :)

Well, we as consumers can boycott their stations. This does send a small message and give us a little power. Now I know a lot of their supporters are going to say that a lot of the stations arent owned by BP but by invidiuals just trying to make a living, but I would suggest that they switch brands to another company and get the BP off their signs. I personally never bought gas their anyhow unless I had to. Their prices always seem to be about 10-20 cents a gallon more than other stations. Why people would gas up there is beyond me.

When the Toyota prius brakes malfunction thing happened a couple of months back... did you have the same sentiments for toyota? they should go bankrupt and have them in front of a firing squad?

I know you were probably joking about the firing squad thing, and you want accountability. BP has taken a huge hit and trust me, what they're going through right now... they'd immediately agree to having it stop by shooting whoever is responsible between the eyes.

BP wants to make money... the sooner and cleaner they fix this mess, the more money they'll make. if they were handling this issue as you THOUGHT they were and had the intentions you thought they had, they'd be lossing a shit ton of money.

When the Toyota prius brakes malfunction thing happened a couple of months back... did you have the same sentiments for toyota? they should go bankrupt and have them in front of a firing squad?

I know you were probably joking about the firing squad thing, and you want accountability. BP has taken a huge hit and trust me, what they're going through right now... they'd immediately agree to having it stop by shooting whoever is responsible between the eyes.

BP wants to make money... the sooner and cleaner they fix this mess, the more money they'll make. if they were handling this issue as you THOUGHT they were and had the intentions you thought they had, they'd be lossing a shit ton of money.

The Toyota brakes are an intermittent failure worst case, most likely a result of bad interior design rather than braking system failure. -Think floor mats... I say this as a electro-mechanical engineer who has personally worked for years designing critical safety systems such as hydraulics, steering, anti-locking breaks, fire deterrent and many other product & manufacturing safety systems in the automotive, consumer products, appliance, and aerospace industries.

But to put this into perspective, at Toyota, heads are rolling, for anyone having anything to do with these recalls. No way the damages caused by Toyota are on par with what has happened in the gulf as a result of BP's negligence.

Do you realize that one tablespoon of petroleum is enough to poison 5000 gallons of drinking water?

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws