over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Liver Enzymes & Synthergine

JDog

Registered
Results from recent blood work has my liver enzymes elevated in comparison to the norm "reference range". This has been a common theme in my results for the past couple years and has prevented me from such things as "affordable" life insurance etc. Now my question is at what point should I be concerned? My Doctor pretty much sucks and gets all freaked out by my results and wants to order all kinds of exams (I think he wants to probe me..lol). He does little to explain the different levels so I am always a bit frustrated and confused. Anyone knowledgeable on such topics? Will Synthergine help normalize my levels. Can other lifestyle factors influence levels other than gear such as stress, intense workouts, caffeine/ephedrine, supplements, diet etc? The blood was drawn nearly 12 weeks after discontinuing cycle and I do not drink or use any other type of drugs.

Additional Details

The following levels were all beyond the norm

BUN 27
Potassium 5.2
CO2 37
AST/GOT 38
ALT/SGPT 128
*This was the only one way out of wack Ref Range is 20-65
I have read that tissue damage such as would be
experienced with intense workouts could throw off these
levels. Theoretically would it be best to discontinue workouts
7-10 days prior to blood work

Thoughts, experience, reccomendations?

This info is from acid_doctor over at Got Fina. This bro seems to really know his sh*t!

See if your doc or lab have any of that same blood sample left in the lab (many times they will) and have them run a CPK and GGT. The CPK should be very high indicating what a stud you are in the weight room and that you tear the shit out of your muscles training them. Here's the MOST IMPORTANT POINT: the GGT should be NORMAL. If your GGT is normal, then your liver is normal and the AST, ALT values were artificially raised due to resistance training. At that point blow it off and don't waste anymore money chasing it. My guess is that unless you are taking large amounts of an oral steroid and have been for months, your liver is actually fine. Injectables have very little IF ANY effect on your liver.

xcel

My MD....

got all freaked out too. Mine were not nearly as high as yours but still above normal. He eaven wanted to do a Hep C test.

Good Info

xcel. Thanks for that. I have never taken large doses of oral compounds for extended periods. I have always been very careful to remain "off" for as long as I am "on". I always eat clean and never abuse any other substances which is why it had me a bit stumped. I will be sure to order those tests on remaining samples (if available) or request in advance next time around. Thanks Dude!

Agreed - workouts scrwe with the tests. Also a high protein diet affects the liver test giving you a false high reading.

Liver aids do help, unless you have a damaged liver or use lots of alcohol and/or rec drugs, but as you said, in your case that's not an issue, so liver aids should bring down your results for the test if you are concerned what the doc will say.

Not really concerned with Doc or what he thinks. It kind of annoyed me that his initial thoughts were alcohol or drugs and did not consider or even mention any of the other potential variables that I mentioned. When I posed similar questions to him he just kind of chuckled with this "Superior Intelect" tone and seemd a bit miffed that I dare question his medical expertise.

My primary concern is that I am not destroying my liver and also getting my levels down so as to aquire some afordable life insurance. Thanks guys!

JDog said:
My primary concern is that I am not destroying my liver and also getting my levels down so as to aquire some afordable life insurance.
Here's what I'd do if I were in your shoes. Take 1 bottle of synthergine @ 2ml ED, 1 bottle Tyler's Liver Detox and ALA (this is more of an antioxidant but won't hurt anything!). All of this is about one-month's worth - should work!

xcel

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner