over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

*Living a VIRTUOUS LIFE!

I love LIFE, I love all of YOU, and I love THIS THREAD!!:D:love::headbang::welcome:

Many wars have been fought over differing views of morality and virtue!

I find it interesting that we all seem to have our own definition of immoral. For me if it doesn't hurt others or do damage to what God would want for us it is not immoral.

When you say hurt yourself what does that mean?

Doing very high levels of aas and giving yourself a heart attack I can see.

But what about pushing yourself so hard in a triathlon that you need IV fluids when you finish. Or pushing even harder so you have to be physically removed from the course.

What about Payton Manning going against Drs advice and trying to pursue football.

Or what about army ranger candidates who go sleep deprived for days which many now believe causes them permanent damage even if they never make it to become a Ranger and never sees combat. Or pushing their injuries so far they develop arthritis in their knee or ankle joints and yet never even pass the Ranger test.

They have caused themselves irreversible damage for no forsee-able good.
is that immoral.

When I say hurt myself, I mean causing my organs excess strain from being on drugs, forcing my body to carry more weight then it was meant to, and messing with my lipids, liver enzymes, etc.

The examples you brought up are similar, it is hurting the body in the pursuit of a certain goal. By my own definition, they are on the low end of immoral (to me) because I personally believe in the whole 'body is a temple' way of thinking.... I feel we are supposed to take care of our bodies as best we can, it is what houses our soul. As you can see by me using AAS, I am going against my own beliefs of what we are supposed to do... that is my ego running the show. This could really turn into a wild discussion about the purpose of life and stuff, and I don't really want to get into all that, but I believe that the ultimate goal for a human should be to transcend the ego and live as wholesome a life as possible... and that in no way would include injecting hormones made in some UG lab for years on end in an effort to carry way more mass than your body was ever meant to. That is a desire of the ego, which I believe is the cause of any self destructive behavior. Using drugs is self destructive to the body, IMO, even if you do it as safely as possible, you are still causing more harm to it than if you did not use any drugs at all.
Just my opinion, we all have different genes and have different life experiences that lead to wildly different perspectives of life and the world, so these are things that really can't be argued in my opinion, much like religious debate leads nowhere because people are stuck to their own personal beliefs based on those perspectives they have developed.

I'm just loving this thread! The views expressed seem to be more mature and advanced as it develops. According to my junior college level psychology text, there are levels of morality. The lower levels describe a person oriented towards self promotion, while the upper levels are more altruistic.

I would like to share this. This definition of spirtuality was relayed to me by a man I respect very much.

Spirituality: The nature and quality of one's relationship with God, oneself, and others. God can be self-defined as universal good or whatever you think makes you feel guilty when you know you'er wrong.

With this definition in mind, we can see that we do not own self, but rather have a relationship with self. It helps me to understand it by thinking: what I am thinking of doing with or to myself, would I do this with or to my child?

Personally, I believe my relationship with myself is lacking in many areas. Luckily I believe God is forgiving as humans are fallible. (this is also a rationalization and justification).

It helps me to understand it by thinking: what I am thinking of doing with or to myself, would I do this with or to my child?

That is a really good way of looking at things. I think sometimes we break our own code of ethics when it comes to our own behavior if we feel that behavior only affects us personally. Afterall, its our body and its our right to treat it like we desire. Many of us on here that are parents have expressed that we would never want our own children to ever use AAS like we have, but its ok if we do it.

I've grown to like you Ross/BNS but I find irony in the fact you mention blinded by EGO?? Your screen name and posting side by sides of you and Arnie are only 2 of many examples that come to mind.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131