over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Local anabolic effect of insulin?

MyNameIsJeff

Kilo Klub Member
It is well known that repeatedly injecting insulin into the same fat tissue can cause lipohypertrophy. in other words, there is a local effect of insulin on the injected tissue.

IJEM-17-773-g001.jpg

Thus it seems reasonable to assume that a similar effect could be achieved when injecting insulin intramuscularly? Of course one would have to take into account the more rapid absorption (up to 2 times as fast) and higher risk of accidentally injecting into blood vessels.

Does anybody have experience with intramuscular insulin injections and noticed any local effects?

DISCLAIMER: Do not inject insulin intramuscularly unless supervised by a doctor or other qualified health care provider. Doing so carries a high risk of potentially fatal hypoglycemia and is not recommended.

I'll bump this up, its a highly debated and very interesting topic.

I don't think so , I've always injected my Novolin-R IM into my delts and have definitely not seen any significant improvement in site growth.

NOTE: I inject IM because I want the faster onset and clearance times. I've also found it to be far more predictable than shooting Sub-Q

The study quoted below provides some indication of how much faster insulin will hit IM vs SubQ.

When resting, insulin is released (338/232)-1= 52% faster when injected intramuscularly rather than subcutaneously.

When physically active, insulin is released (289/113)-1= 150% (!) faster when injected intramuscularly rather than subcutaneously.

So if you inject regular insulin in your thigh before workouts and then start to train legs, the insulin is gonna hit you like a truck.
With subQ injection, regular insulin peaks around 2 hours post injection when being physically active. When injecting IM instead, blood levels will peak roughly after 45 minutes. Essentially, you are turning regular insulin into a rapid acting one.

Using the perpendicular injection technique lean diabetic patients may often inject insulin intramuscularly (IM). Guided by ultrasound measurements of the subcutaneous (SC) thickness of the thigh, the aim of the present study was to re‐evaluate the absorption kinetics of unmodified insulin from IM and SC injection sites and to evaluate the consequences of IM injection of unmodified insulin for blood glucose control in Type 1 diabetic patients. T50% values (time until 50 % of the injected insulin is absorbed from the injection site) of SC injected, radioactively labelled, human unmodified insulin (125I‐Actrapid) were 338 ± 13 (± SE) min, 289 ± 27 min, and 287 ± 27 min during rest, light physical activity, and strenuous exercise, respectively. Intramuscularly injected unmodified insulin was absorbed faster, T50% 232 ± 20 min, 113 ± 13 min, and 112 ± 5 min during the same levels of physical activity in the same order. When unmodified insulin (Actrapid) was given IM 30 min before breakfast, lunch, and dinner together with intermediate‐acting insulin (Protaphane) SC at 2200 h, a more physiological profile of plasma free insulin and a more stable blood glucose profile was obtained than with SC administration into the thigh. The coefficient of variation of blood glucose concentration during the study (3 days each route) was lower with IM than with SC injection of unmodified insulin (33 ± 4 vs 43 ± 3 %, p ± 0.01). No difference in frequency of hypoglycaemic attacks was found and patients claimed that IM injection was no more painful than SC injection. These data suggest that IM injection of soluble insulin into the thigh is beneficial.
https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1111/j.1464-5491.1990.tb01401.x

why on earth would insulin cause any local hypertrophy? just logically that sounds impossible.
i have always shot slin in delts and calves. delts and calves have always been my best body parts so i dont believe slin has anything to do with it
-F2S

It is well known that repeatedly injecting insulin into the same fat tissue can cause lipohypertrophy. in other words, there is a local effect of insulin on the injected tissue.

IJEM-17-773-g001.jpg

Thus it seems reasonable to assume that a similar effect could be achieved when injecting insulin intramuscularly? Of course one would have to take into account the more rapid absorption (up to 2 times as fast) and higher risk of accidentally injecting into blood vessels.

Does anybody have experience with intramuscular insulin injections and noticed any local effects?

DISCLAIMER: Do not inject insulin intramuscularly unless supervised by a doctor or other qualified health care provider. Doing so carries a high risk of potentially fatal hypoglycemia and is not recommended.

I like your “out of the box” thinking on this! That’s really clever!!!! I did find fat loss in general was slower stacking insulin with HGH, as compared to insulin alone. But this idea is intriguing! Localized androgens in base form plus mct oil are said to enhance site growth. A good mix would be test base, tren base, mct as the carrier, and insulin.

Always shot slin subq in my abs. Never had a problem getting lean.

The two pictures you posted are rediculous if you're trying to take comparison pictures.

Op im not trying to be a dick but im confussed about your question. Lipohypertrophy basically means the extra accumulation of fat. So when insulin is injected subq it can cause fat accumulation in that area. But your asking if you inject insulin I.M if it would somehow cause muscle hypertrophy instead of lipohypertrophy? Or am i missing something?

Op im not trying to be a dick but im confussed about your question. Lipohypertrophy basically means the extra accumulation of fat. So when insulin is injected subq it can cause fat accumulation in that area. But your asking if you inject insulin I.M if it would somehow cause muscle hypertrophy instead of lipohypertrophy? Or am i missing something?

He is thinking that the insulin will shuttle nutrients and spur on growth in whatever kind of tissue it is injected into, local effect. I suppose it is possible, but I think that the magnitude of the effect is so small that it would be imperceptible even in the long run. Heck, even injecting steroids doesn't cause more growth in the muscle it is done in. It is all systemic effect, all over the body. To have a local effect the hormone needs to have a really fast action. Insulin certainly has a faster action than steroids though.

Last edited:
100% Legit.

Fiance is a type 1 since she was 6. She always put her pump in the same place to hide it. Until she got stage lean she always had a lil "bump" from where her insulin was pumped into her.

Rotate sites for sure.

100% Legit.

Fiance is a type 1 since she was 6. She always put her pump in the same place to hide it. Until she got stage lean she always had a lil "bump" from where her insulin was pumped into her.

Rotate sites for sure.

tren, you hinted that it did, but i'm curous, once she got stage lean, did that area with the pump finally fully lean out?

Yes, 100% gone. You'd never know. I never noticed until she pointed it out and compared it to her other side and then i could tell.

It wasn't like holy shit look at that, but a noticeable difference if you were looking for it.

My room mate is diabetic. He has a small, battery-powered pump designed to deliver insulin into the user’s body 24 hours a day according to a preset program. It automatically shoots the right amount of insulin in him when he needs it. I find that fascinating.

My room mate is diabetic. He has a small, battery-powered pump designed to deliver insulin into the user’s body 24 hours a day according to a preset program. It automatically shoots the right amount of insulin in him when he needs it. I find that fascinating.

Better hope some sophisticated hacker doesn’t hack his settings. That was in a movie i saw. Haha 😆

Yes, 100% gone. You'd never know. I never noticed until she pointed it out and compared it to her other side and then i could tell.

It wasn't like holy shit look at that, but a noticeable difference if you were looking for it.

Maybe it was just swelling and irritation? How long did it take to go away?

Better hope some sophisticated hacker doesn’t hack his settings. That was in a movie i saw. Haha ��

LOL. Yeah that is the stuff of nightmare for me too, with my defibrillator. When I go to the doctor to have it checked out they are able to speed my heart rate up wirelessly with it. They put into the computer what heart rate they want and bam! They always put it up high, makes me feel like shit. A hacker could mess me up bad!

I have been injecting Humulin R into my vastus lateralis at 2h pre, 0h pre, and 0h post workout (3 shots of 10IU each). Works just like Novorapid subQ, maybe a tad bit slower.
Nice thing about the vastus lateralis is you got plenty of space to inject, I'm moving up and down to make sure any potential local effect is well distributed along the muscle. Of course it would take months to see any kind of effect, and I don't have a reference (due to injecting both legs), but hey why not give it a shot.

if using novorapid only 4x/week subq - abs is there any problem like that?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdx236
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131