Thor

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Traffic stop turns into steroid bust

Updated: Wednesday, 14 Nov 2012, 10:45 AM EST
Published : Tuesday, 13 Nov 2012, 10:45 PM EST

Bob Wilson

WEST HARTFORD, Conn. (WTNH) -- A traffic stop turned into a drug bust in West Hartford, and the drug of choice is steroids.

Police say it's the biggest steroid bust the city has even seen.

"Both guys are very nervous, and they are exhibiting all kinds of signs that don't quite add up for driving around in a car that is unregistered," said Lt. Stephen Estes, West Hartford PD.

Police say it was some heads up work by one of their street officers who gets credit for the largest steroid busts in West Hartford.

It happened on South Main St., near I-84. An officer stopped two men in an unregistered car, David McGowan and Nicholas Serafini, and they were acting very strange.

One admits that maybe there are some drugs in the car, but maybe not because they might not be his," said Lt. Estes, "so we go back and forth and then the other guy admits, yeah, I have some heroin."

Police say after they found the heroin, that's when they called for the K9 unit and when the dog started sniffing, it went crazy, and that is when they knew they had more than just heroin in the car.

"And low and behold we start searching more places and come up with a ton of steroids, hundreds of pills, and five vials of liquid steroid that according to the pharmacists, he can't even get," said Lt. Estes. "This is the kind of stuff that only comes from a physician."

Police say they have charged McGowan and Sarafini with possession and manufacturing with intent to sell. The bust is so big that it may not stop with just the two arrests.

"Way more than personal consumption, so these two were moving steroids to go somewhere else," said Lt. Estes.

"Any idea where they were going," asked News 8's Bob Wilson.

"That we don't know, but we have their cell phones and there was some interesting stuff on their cell phones, so this investigation is still ongoing," said Lt. Estes. .......Can you say DUMBASSES !

Last edited:
All these guys had to do was not admit anything and say they dont consent to any searches. Even if the cops had probable cause to search the car their lawyers might have been able to get it thrown out with a loophole.

All these guys had to do was not admit anything and say they dont consent to any searches. Even if the cops had probable cause to search the car their lawyers might have been able to get it thrown out with a loophole.

The car wasn't registered, thats more than enough to impound and inventory the vehicle. Please do not give legal/law enforcement advice.

Hilarious though how such a small bust is turned into such a huge thing...

oh wow huge bust those five vials must be 10,000cc vials:rolleyes:

how the hell the dog can smell vials or the pills.maybe the pills by confusing it with something else but the vials i dought it

oh wow huge bust those five vials must be 10,000cc vials:rolleyes:

how the hell the dog can smell vials or the pills.maybe the pills by confusing it with something else but the vials i dought it

Exactly. Police dogs are not trained to recognize and sniff out steroids. What a bunch of bs by the cops who did this arrest.

They were morons for transporting anything illegal in an unregistered car. Like stated above, once the car comes back unregistered it gets impounded, and all property inside it becomes seized.

Friggin dopeheads...most times when people get busted for juice another drug leads police to the gear

Hundreds of pills? 5 vials? Much more than personal use? Tons? Wtf? Where was this? Mayberry? Hazzard County?

Why would anyone drive in a unregistered car especially transporting illegal items. Dee dee dee!

Biggest bust in the town's history? I agree with ScottyD. Where was this? Mayberry? Street value there is about 90 bucks... wow... nice haul guys. It cost more than that just to search the car.

Good thing they got those steroids off the street before someone gained 2-3 pounds of bodyweight. LOL

Last edited:
They coulda been comin to my gym to try to peddle off a couple pills...you never know. Those dealers man, 100 pills are enough for 100 people right?

YES

they were such DUMBASSES !!!!!.. It is a somewhat smallish town in a small state, (CT)....but its just that there has never been a roid bust here ,at least not that I know of, Not a lot of BBing in this area, more down in New Haven county where Evan C lives, although years ago Zack Nathan got popped in a local town but not sure which one, he had a gym and was dealing to his members, he was supposedly the biggest roid dealer Ever on the east Coast,although I believe he had a great lawyer and got off easy , hes in commercial real estate now and lives in a mansion.

This is what really bothers me, I am SO tired of seeing rec drugs mixed with AAS...

It's natural selection. It would have been sad if these guys didn't get caught sooner or later. If you want to be bad, then you gotta be smart.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131