over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Long Head of Triceps

The two rope deal is the way to go. Smart.

It allows your arm to be at, or past midline of your torso which allows total contraction of the the muscle đź‘Ť
This is extremely easy to prove. Now, with no weight, just just extend your arm straight up over your head and try to contract your triceps. Now, prod your triceps and it will not be contracted. Now, while contracting your triceps, keep you hand on your triceps while moving your arm / triceps down and past midline to your toro and you I’ll feel a fully contracted triceps muscle(s).

I am on board with both these exercises. Good ones đź‘Ť
Since we’re talking about effective long head work https://www.instagram.com/reel/CcgCClOgs8v/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
The second exercise with the dumbell here is a good one or you could use an EZ curl bar also (partial pullover/skull crusher hybrid extension). First few times I did them, I got major muscle soreness, welcomed muscle soreness, on well-trained arms. You can go pretty heavy on them too.

What do people think about DB' for the PJR pullover/skulls? I feel them a bit more. You can't use as much weight but once you stall out, move to a single DB or ez bar. I think they are called DB skull crushers but they are to be dropped back offf the bench behind the head like a rippetoe tricep extension, and looking At the movement, its pretty similar to what Paul is doing but with 2 dbs.

I like the PJR pullover but feel like I can use more weight if I sit up right and extend it overhead (the head is out of the way, body is locked in).

What do people think about DB' for the PJR pullover/skulls? I feel them a bit more. You can't use as much weight but once you stall out, move to a single DB or ez bar. I think they are called DB skull crushers but they are to be dropped back offf the bench behind the head like a rippetoe tricep extension, and looking At the movement, its pretty similar to what Paul is doing but with 2 dbs.

I like the PJR pullover but feel like I can use more weight if I sit up right and extend it overhead (the head is out of the way, body is locked in).

(y)

Gironda style.

Attachments

• tricepts.jpg
    tricepts.jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 13
Gironda style.
Nice, here is how I've been doing them at 8:45, not using the bands though but the motion with dumbbells.

Not huge into Athlean x he overcomplicates things imo but has a good grasp of anatomy. Probably would be better with cables but not feasible at my gym to drag a bench over to the cable pulleys. Basically a rippetoe skull but with db.

Gironda style.
Looks like this guy is doing what you pictured?

Seems like he isn't dropping the DBS back as far as he could, but close. Don't like the ball he's doing it on but maybe if he did that sideways on a bench like the pjr pullover they could get a better stretch than flat on a bench.

i was about to respond without realizing this was an old post. but to add some information to the post, dips with your hands on a bench behind you kills my triceps and i feel it especially in my long head. of coarse add some weight in your lap or wear a weighted vest to turn up the intensity.
It’s because your arms are behind your torso. Great exercise once you develop the flexibility in your shoulders.

Worst years of our lives? Sorry to hear about all your problems. Change your algorithm if your life is so shitty. Because whatever you're doing now sure as hell ain't working. Go back to your thread if all you have to do is cry and spread negative bullshit.
I gotta agree with you. I’ve had 2 awesome years back to back and I’m continuing that streak. I know what he’s referring to (I think) but I’ve always said certain things are out of your control, but your reaction and emotions are totally yours.

Life is all about positioning. You better know how to read tea leaves or learn real quick. Most people have a self defeating mindset, I don’t and for shit sure neither do you. You and I disagree on what may be coming, who’s at fault and how long it lasts, but we know how to capitalize while everyone else is shitting the bed.

Prepare for the worst but kick ass while your doing it. Ain’t nobody going to save you but YOU. Rant over

I do them on an incline this way. I scoot WAY up on the incline pad so the top of my back is off the top of the pad. That way I can roll back my upper arm and get a really good stretch.
2nd exercise in vid https://www.instagram.com/reel/CVnYyFBAyB6/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

I gotta agree with you. I’ve had 2 awesome years back to back and I’m continuing that streak. I know what he’s referring to (I think) but I’ve always said certain things are out of your control, but your reaction and emotions are totally yours.

Life is all about positioning. You better know how to read tea leaves or learn real quick. Most people have a self defeating mindset, I don’t and for shit sure neither do you. You and I disagree on what may be coming, who’s at fault and how long it lasts, but we know how to capitalize while everyone else is shitting the bed.

Prepare for the worst but kick ass while your doing it. Ain’t nobody going to save you but YOU. Rant over
I've been to South America (Ecuador). That was bad. That was poverty. Kids like skeletons begging for food. Families living in the streets. Nobody that has the ability to be responding to an internet bodybuilding forum has it truly "bad". They have a computer, internet access, money for a gym/spa membership, the products here, the food and supps. If that's the worst you've seen in your life, well you're living in a world of gold leaf and two-ply quilted toilet tissue. You're soft like a marshmallow!

Those people, yes, they have a world of hurt coming. They're going to feel what misery is truly like and it ain't about having to complain about $2.99/lb chicken. It's about needing to rob someone so your family doesn't die. Or cutting a throat to avoid getting robbed.

And you're right. We're both tenacious. I haven't lost anything until I'm dead in the ground. If you want, you can take pity on whatever creature comes along and tries to take what I love or what I have. Until then, if I have it and you need it, ask and it's yours.

Great video. I assume your standing then so your high enough on the incline? I've sat on a 30lb dumbbell before to do that exercise with a single DB, going to try with 2.
Sort of standing. I’m pretty tall so my butt ends up about a third of the way up the back pad. A Dumbell would work to sit on. The benefit of using individual dumbells is you’re able to train the tricep in the scapular plane

Nice, here is how I've been doing them at 8:45, not using the bands though but the motion with dumbbells.

Not huge into Athlean x he overcomplicates things imo but has a good grasp of anatomy. Probably would be better with cables but not feasible at my gym to drag a bench over to the cable pulleys. Basically a rippetoe skull but with db.

I wish he would take his shirt off.

If someone is bumping a thread where the original posters aren’t even active members anymore, then yes, it’s pointless to do so. If it’s a new member bumping threads to hit 50 posts to reach the sponsor forum; also, dumb. But there is absolutely nothing wrong with bumping topics that are relevant. We don’t need 43 “how much protein do I need?” threads clogging up the forum. Pimpman, if this bothers you so much then forums, bodybuilding, and gear isn’t for you. You can’t handle any of it.
Oh you just became a member a few years ago and you tell me this isn't my thing ha ha

Screenshot_20211027-154521.jpg

Any chance you could post a link to a YouTube of a movement or two you think hit the long head? From your post your saying French press, overhead press are not good exercises for the long head?
I can check on YouTube, but the message I was trying to convey is that the long head is put in an elongated position and isometric contraction WITHOUT positive and negative contraction components with overhead presses. Standing bar-machine pullovers while slightly flexed at the waist, cross bench pullovers with minimal elbow movement, etc are going to cause both positive and negative contraction of the long head of the triceps.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws