over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Long term HuperzineA sides?

Thebigone

Kilo Klub Member
I don't really like how this says hupA is possibly safe if used for short periods yet gives no info on what sides long term use can cause:

Huperzine A is POSSIBLY SAFE when taken by mouth for a short period of time (less than 3 months). It can cause some side effects including nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, sweating, blurred vision, slurred speech, restlessness, loss of appetite, contraction and twitching of muscle fibers, cramping, increased saliva and urine, inability to control urination, high blood pressure, and slowed heart rate.

WebMD -- Error 404

I don't really like how this says hupA is possibly safe if used for short periods yet gives no info on what sides long term use can cause:

Huperzine A is POSSIBLY SAFE when taken by mouth for a short period of time (less than 3 months). It can cause some side effects including nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, sweating, blurred vision, slurred speech, restlessness, loss of appetite, contraction and twitching of muscle fibers, cramping, increased saliva and urine, inability to control urination, high blood pressure, and slowed heart rate.

WebMD -- Error 404

Those side effects sound like the same side effects listed on the side of any random medication...

Personally I've taken it and havent noticed any side effects what so ever

I think your first mistake was going to WebMD of all places. The site where you can put in all of your symptoms and it tells you a common cold is more likely HIV.

Lol thanks. I wasn't concerned with the sides listed, I just found it odd how they said 3months or less is safe without any explanation what is wrong with longer than 3mo

I find a lot of medical studies on huperzine A use for memory in Alzheimer's patients, but I can't find anything long term. I don't see anything negative about it though. I think in general everything is safest cycled off and on.

I find a lot of medical studies on huperzine A use for memory in Alzheimer's patients, but I can't find anything long term. I don't see anything negative about it though. I think in general everything is safest cycled off and on.

What else have you used other than melatonin as a somatostin inhib? I was thinking horny goat weed but not sure on dose.

What else have you used other than melatonin as a somatostin inhib? I was thinking horny goat weed but not sure on dose.

If you google somatostatin inhibition by RussianStar, he lists around 20 different drugs. I only remember huperzine A, horny goat weed, nicotine, and melatonin.

Huperzine A is often used for memory purposes, however, it is not purely an acetylcholine-booster, it also 'blocks' the NMDA-receptor, which would effectively reduce some forms of memory, particularly organized thinking in some cases, and spatial memory such as 'where you put your keys'.

Huperzine A would effectively block the testosterone-boosting effects of DAA and other similar compounds.

The NMDA receptor ion channel: a site for binding of Huperzine A. - PubMed - NCBI
The role and molecular mechanism of D-aspartic acid in the release and synthesis of LH and testosterone in humans and rats

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws