over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Long term low dose Deca for joints

Capin

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
What's you guys opinions on Deca say 2 to 300mg per wk to help with joint pain?
Is it safe to run say indefinitely "blast & cruise"
So never really coming off?

to harsh on vascular system bro.

to harsh on vascular system bro.

I remember alpha saying long term deca use could eventually lead to heart problems later on. He did mention npp being a better alternative if I remember correctly.

I'm loving NPP right now and I'm on what would be considered a lower dose at about 300mg a week. It's my first time trying it. But I have never used Deca either.

I'm assuming the big issue is elevated RBC/HCT count over prolonged use..... But I see this happening period as their both nandrolones.

But all my small aches and pains are virtually gone, and I'm only in week 3.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Its also very harsh on the endocrine system. 200-300 mg a week for a long period will shut you down HARD, you may never recover your ability to reproduce.

Just coming off (4weeks without) low dose .. All i can say is ouch......

Just coming off 12 wks NPP 500mg wk with 1000mg sustanin & some dbol great strength gains but very painful joints.
I have used Deca off and on since 1980 as high as 1000mg wk. Nowadays I keep it around 600
I am aware of the vascular risks but dang its the only thing that makes joints feel better?

Anything that Nandrolone does for joints. GH does better.

As far as the vascular system goes, that is nothing proven in practice. In all due respect to Lex, he is referring to a study that everyone one talks about. While the particular facts of that study are true, that was not a comprehensive study, and it didn't explain why this happened.

Taking Testosterone with Nandrolone may ameliorate this problem such as the other side effects. That study was a simple study performed only with Nandrolone. And we don't know enough from it yet to draw any conclusions.

I'm sure that I'm not as good of a bodybuilder as Lex, but this is the type of critical theory that I can share with you.

Anything that Nandrolone does for joints. GH does better.

As far as the vascular system goes, that is nothing proven in practice. In all due respect to Lex, he is referring to a study that everyone one talks about. While the particular facts of that study are true, that was not a comprehensive study, and it didn't explain why this happened.

Taking Testosterone with Nandrolone may ameliorate this problem such as the other side effects. That study was a simple study performed only with Nandrolone. And we don't know enough from it yet to draw any conclusions.

I'm sure that I'm not as good of a bodybuilder as Lex, but this is the type of critical theory that I can share with you.

Agreed! (apart from the GH thing, can't afford that so I wouldn't know) This one - 1 - study om nandrolone saying it was 11 times more damaging to cells then test and suddenly deca, that has been considered one of the safest AAS for decades, suddenly becomes the devil itself. All AAS can be damaging to our cells, maybe all the other AAS are 20-30 times more damaging then test leaving deca still a milder AAS? I think we need more studies to draw any conclusions yet. I guess each person must make their own decision.

I have been using deca probably the last 10 years 75% of the time some of the time for a year without a break and have so far enjoyed the hell out of it. Helps my joints and generally gives me a almost better feeling then test. Also nice boost in libido. I have only used 100-150mg a week though as I only wanted it as an aid but have used 200mg/week for 5 months too.

Last edited:
about how long do you start to feel joint relief at 100mg/week of deca?
have you tried running npp instead? if so, at what dose ?

how much test do you run?

you run proviron along with these as well ?

knee pain has really put me out of playing basketball again.. but would go back to playing if i could get some cushion and spring back.

about how long do you start to feel joint relief at 100mg/week of deca?
have you tried running npp instead? if so, at what dose ?

how much test do you run?

you run proviron along with these as well ?

knee pain has really put me out of playing basketball again.. but would go back to playing if i could get some cushion and spring back.

Not sure if this was for me but I'll give you my input:

The joint relief starts after 1 week. NPP is very difficult to get hold of here so I don't use that. Also, the times I have used it it gave me less relief at the same dose so I found it less efficient at what I wanted from it then deca which gives more water obviously. My goal was to keep the dose as low as possible.

I run 125mg test trt. Never use AE, AI or proviron as I never use much test and if I do up the test it's only for a short time. I like to keep it simple and believe the less I put in my body of different compounds the better.

hyaluronic acid
inject works for joints, like lube

Knee Osteoarthritis & Hyaluronic Acid Joint Injections

IA works but also has systemic effects IM

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

lots of animal info too as used in race horses.

curcumin helps with soft tissue stuff in joints.

curcumin is what I prefer as helps with inflammation and pain form lifting. but hya does def help as a "lube" so to speak..

Arguments can be made either for or against nandrolone in terms of longevity. I've been on either deca or NPP year round for the better part of 20 years. Life is too short to obsess over things. Everything in moderation is key to longevity. Unfortunately for myself, moderation is not and never has been reality. I'll die when I die. These days I only use 50mg NPP EOD.

Nandrolone decanoate reduces the premature mortality of cardiomyopathic hamsters.
Davis WM, et al. Res Commun Chem Pathol Pharmacol. 1993.
Show full citation
Abstract
Male hamsters of an inbred strain carrying a genetic trait for cardiomyopathy were dosed by sc injection weekly with an anabolic-androgenic steroid, nandrolone decanoate, beginning when 3 months old. Two groups (N = 17) received doses of 2 and 4 mg per animal, while a vehicle control group received an equal volume of sesame oil. Rather than a hypothesized shortening of longevity, the steroid treatment significantly prolonged survival of the hamsters, which ordinarily die of congestive heart failure. At the median time to death for controls (355 days of age, 257 days of treatment), the steroid groups had mortality of only 2/17 and 4/17 (vs. 9/17, p < 0.01).

Last edited:
Lots of great input! Thanks guys I'm cruisein now gonna do 50mg eod Deca thru my cruise and next blast.
If Deca is truly a hazard to our cardiovascular systems maybe by keeping the dosage low it will minimize the risks?

you are thinking about it wrong bud.

test and trt dose are the only aas you should really be thinking about long term if health is any type of a concern.

add accessories to it and it will feel like a g of traditional aas.

I work with a lot of older guys n guys who been doing this for life they all basically do the same stuff.

I could be wrong Im thinking its best to just use deca on a cycle , whether it be 200 mgs or 400, stacked with some test.

Im not saying a low dose with trt isnt beneficial bc it may be. From what I understand the deca effects are mild for the joints and while they do help, when one gets off deca , joints go back to normal

(same with eq, primo and var, since these are some that supposed to increase collagen synthesis or something like that, right?)

some guy in my guy cliams black trat cherry juice helps increase collagen a good bit,. fact is just eat clean and healthy and thatll naturally take care of it)

been trying dmso on joints day five or six now

Elvia posted awhile back some studies that showed that deca does not increase collagen synthesis. There were rats dissected and it showed weakened connective tissue. Now, rats don't have a direct correlation with humans as our dna is different, but it's a good reference nontheless. Hgh is the only proven hormone to increase collagen synthesis.

Last edited:
How in the Lords name do u guys keep ur hematocrit levels in a normal range while on deca/test? Ive had more probs since reducing my trt from 200 per week to 100 per week!!! And my clinic got me deca and said it will help my joints but i have only taken a small bit due to hematocrit issues from test alone, that if i add deca for joint relief im not sure i can control my crit.....

Sent from my IpP using tapatrash

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner