over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Long Time Lurker, facing dilemma

DEPDestroyer

Newbies
Been lurking here for a long time, not much of a forum poster but I think I need the advice of people with more experience, just made this account to ask this.

I've been bodybuilding for approximately 12-15 years, mostly natural. I've done a few cycles here and there but my issue is that I battled severe acne since I was about 12 and as you may imagine, going on anything throws it out of control.

I'm not whining about a few cysts, last time I was on sustanon/eq I actually had to go on disability for close to a year because i had open "sacs" of blood all over my torso/butt/legs and I was in pain 24/7, obviously training went down the shitter.

As a natural bodybuilder I'm just not satisfied. I'm a trainer and this is what I love, I really always had my heart set on competing at the NPC level.

Sure, there's accutane, but that stuff is far more harsh than any (injectable) steroid and it's just too much to constantly put my body through.

Long-story short.... should I just give up on my dream? As a natural I'm realistically looking at fitness modeling etc., which is just not my cup of tea. I'm basically wondering if anyone with truly severe acne has found a way around this issue. If not, I may as well just face reality. I have a few buddies pushing me to just get on HGH and maybe dabble with minor-doses of SEO but that just seems totally pointless.

low dose Accutane may be your only solution.. lot's of bodybuilders use it if im not mistaken..heck im using it right now

Your acne sounds far worse than any I have ever dealt with and that probably most of us have ever had to deal with either. However, Accutane at 20mg ED for 6-7 months really does wonders. Some need a second course of it later on, but at 20mg, you would think it is far less harmful than the normal dosages doctors used to prescribe.

Stay off oral AAS and manage your e2 if you decide to go back on.

Your acne sounds far worse than any I have ever dealt with and that probably most of us have ever had to deal with either. However, Accutane at 20mg ED for 6-7 months really does wonders. Some need a second course of it later on, but at 20mg, you would think it is far less harmful than the normal dosages doctors used to prescribe.

Stay off oral AAS and manage your e2 if you decide to go back on.

this yeah, my dermatologist had me on 60mg ED but my bloods were never out of range.. of course everyone is different... but still, you should be fine.

your acne sounds miserable like leprosy bro, definitely get some accutane

I'm curious what your diet is like and has been?

Do you have blood work to show us so we can get a sense of what's going on inside your body to potentially be causing the severe acne.

Have you researched massive juice cleansing to detox your body. Colonics too ?

Another plus one for low dose accutane. I was blasted with accutane when I was younger at 80mg per day and it was seriously harsh. A buddy of mine has permanent issues.

However, I've found as little as 10mg ED or EOD does wonders for keeping acne at bay when you need to take the edge off.

Is it true when starting Accutane your acne becomes worse before it becomes better ?

Is it true when starting Accutane your acne becomes worse before it becomes better ?

Yes, mildly worse for 2-3 weeks...it seems like your pores are excreting all the sebum they can at a higher rate. Then, things even out and your skin becomes very clear...and dry. Use a non-comedigenic (non-clogging) moisturizer like cetaphil so your face/nose/lips aren't chapped.

DEPDestroyer, the acne that you described makes anything I've ever experienced sound like child's play. I assume that your diet and hygiene are good. I have no experience with accutane, but here's a couple things that have helped me. Of course, they may not be enough for you, but if nothing else then maybe someone can benefit from it.

1) I recently saw a recommendation on Intense Muscle to try using Head & Shoulders "Classic Clean" dandruff shampoo as a body wash. He said the trick is to lather up and let it sit for about 5 minutes before rinsing it off. I've been using it for about 2 weeks and it seems to be helping somewhat. Also, I didn't let it sit for the first week or so, but I think that actually does make it more effective.

2) For me, more estrogen = more body acne. I've only had my estrogen actually checked once, but it's obvious that my acne is worse when I use more test without an AI to control estrogen.

I had terrible acne before I was even cycling. Went on a 6 month cycle of accutane 20mg ed and when the 6 months was up I was completely clear and hasn't been a problem since. Sure I get the occasional breakout for a week or so but after that it's gone. Since that 6 month cycle of accutane I've done a test+dbol cycle and didn't have ant acne at all. Using a proper ai all the time helps me stay clear.

fitnesskatz

very interesting,,,sorry for your troubles i truely am,,1 i too am wondering bout your diet,,,2 im wondering bout the quality of your M.D. remember didnt all doctors graduate in top of there class,,,and i myself never had it that bad but when younger bad enough on my back and shoulders and instead of meds my doctor did the selsun blue and head and shoulders combo for body wash and shampoo,,had me to do many things such as different sheets,,,shit that had nothing to do with meds,,,

1) I recently saw a recommendation on Intense Muscle to try using Head & Shoulders "Classic Clean" dandruff shampoo as a body wash. He said the trick is to lather up and let it sit for about 5 minutes before rinsing it off. I've been using it for about 2 weeks and it seems to be helping somewhat. Also, I didn't let it sit for the first week or so, but I think that actually does make it more effective.

2) For me, more estrogen = more body acne. I've only had my estrogen actually checked once, but it's obvious that my acne is worse when I use more test without an AI to control estrogen.

Head & Shoulders works for me too, even on the face. However, I find it only helps with those tiny white head type zits. The cystic stuff requires some estrogen manipulation and/or accutane for me.

I know people swear by Nizoral as a face/bodywash as well, but again I think that will only help certain types of acne.

Maybe get some blood work done and see what you're starting with as well. What you're describing is pretty serious and I don't thnk the answer is aimlessly taking more drugs.

Also, If you're thinking about Fitness modeling etc., you really don't need to be running big cycles anyway. Give some thought to the relationship between your gear use and goals.

Finally, if you know in advance that you'll be miserable taking the drugs, how important is competing - in bodybuilding - in the NPC? What level would you be competing at? are we taking local shows or National qualifiers.

All these things are relevant and I only ask rhetorically to get you thinking about it. Personally, I would not hazzard my health just to go win some local show.. I would definely not take the risk if I know there is no chance of winning. If that's the case, get in there as close to natural as possible and just compete...

If you do have the smacks to actually go win these shows and if the clock is ticking, that's another story completely.

Just my 02

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly