over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Longer Contest Preps and AAS

XstarchildX

Banned
Hey, all! A quick rundown of my history: I competed for many years as a natural, and won my last class and the overall as a lightweight way back in 2011. I got on TRT in 2015 and eventually ran a few blasts. I am planning to step back on stage, this time in the Classic division spring/early summer of 2019. I've never competed as an enhanced athlete, and prefer the slow approach to contest prep with refeeds and diet breaks (1-2 weeks @ maintenance to keep things moving). I dieted for 24 weeks last contest season using this approach.

My question is, how do you guys do it if AAS are in the mix? Are you blasting to the gills for the entire 6+ months? Or do you keep things moderate at the start of prep and then perhaps add compounds as the end of prep nears? I'd like to get a good grip on how I'm going to go about this and have a sound plan in place. I will be working with a pretty well known coach around the 10 - 12 week out mark to make sure I nail everything at the end.

I'd like to hear what everyone else does around here. Thanks in advance :).

You’re hiring a coach ... I’d listen to him. No sarcasm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How old are you and I'm sure you are aware of this but the older one gets the longer it takes to get into contest shape.
So logically a longer cycle would be required a moderate longer as oppose to shorter heavier.

How old are you and I'm sure you are aware of this but the older one gets the longer it takes to get into contest shape.
So logically a longer cycle would be required a moderate longer as oppose to shorter heavier.

not with DNP :eek:

Probably a good idea to talk to some folks you know that are enhanced and compete near you. Maybe some will chime in here rather than the snarky responses here. A couple things come to mind. Mike Quinn has a couple articles out thre how he use to do it in the 90s. He went off for long periods and then did the prep in 2 stages. The first stage was ith "wetter" compounds like long estered Test, Deca and EQ. Then e would change to drier stuff like Primobolan, TEst Prop, Winstrol. The the last few weeks he would add hardeners Halotestin adn Anavar. I'm not a competative BBEr so my advice is not warranted but what I would do at first is search fr what has been published and experiment. I wa a fighter so I never cut to the point of a BBing dry 5%. I would cut from 210 to 185 at abuot 7-8%, not BBing condition and I did it on minimal stuff over 12 weeks and the doses were so low foks around here wouldlaugh hard.. really hard.

Bottom line is ask around and experiment. Sorry to say but the fastest way might actually be to find a good coach. Trouble is which ones are good. The other draw back is that you are not learning your body the same way as you would if doing it yourself. Since you are an eperienced competitor in the natural ranks you hae a huge jump on a lot of other folks. Since you are on TRT you can probably aford to pause a few weeks during your prep. You might also find that you don't have to rpep as long once the drugs are in. They do help partition nutrients so it is easier to cut for a lot of folks especially those that are naturlly lean or start out relatively lean.

Anyhow just my 2 cents.

You’re hiring a coach ... I’d listen to him. No sarcasm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You're absolutely right. I'm working with him a little bit here in the offseason, so I'll shoot him an email. I was just curious what everyone else has done.

I'm 34 as of earlier this month. My body tends to flatten out and get lean rather quickly, even in my mid 30's :D. I've had to shovel so much food this offseason, it's both a blessing and a curse haha.

not with DNP :eek:
Good point. If I took DNP the past few weeks here, I'd die lol (it's been 110+ for almost a month straight now).

Probably a good idea to talk to some folks you know that are enhanced and compete near you. Maybe some will chime in here rather than the snarky responses here. A couple things come to mind. Mike Quinn has a couple articles out thre how he use to do it in the 90s. He went off for long periods and then did the prep in 2 stages. The first stage was ith "wetter" compounds like long estered Test, Deca and EQ. Then e would change to drier stuff like Primobolan, TEst Prop, Winstrol. The the last few weeks he would add hardeners Halotestin adn Anavar. I'm not a competative BBEr so my advice is not warranted but what I would do at first is search fr what has been published and experiment. I wa a fighter so I never cut to the point of a BBing dry 5%. I would cut from 210 to 185 at abuot 7-8%, not BBing condition and I did it on minimal stuff over 12 weeks and the doses were so low foks around here wouldlaugh hard.. really hard.

Bottom line is ask around and experiment. Sorry to say but the fastest way might actually be to find a good coach. Trouble is which ones are good. The other draw back is that you are not learning your body the same way as you would if doing it yourself. Since you are an eperienced competitor in the natural ranks you hae a huge jump on a lot of other folks. Since you are on TRT you can probably aford to pause a few weeks during your prep. You might also find that you don't have to rpep as long once the drugs are in. They do help partition nutrients so it is easier to cut for a lot of folks especially those that are naturlly lean or start out relatively lean.

Anyhow just my 2 cents.
Thanks for the in depth response. I truly appreciate it :).

I don't trust most gym guys around here, as far as sharing my "enhanced status." I know of a few people out here that are top national competitors, but they're all prep coaches too. I do have a coach for offseason, but was going to start my prep early and get dialed from roughly the 22 or so week out mark. I know I can handle getting fairly lean in about 10 weeks, then bring my coach back on at the 12 week out mark. It would be a huge difference financially, so the goal is to start early on my own.

Thanks for the input!

This has been my longest prep season ever. 10 months now. I did a show in March, did nationals 1.5 weeks ago, will be competing nationally again in 4.5 weeks.
I started the 1st one at 16 weeks out, doing a typical prep. Maintenance levels in the beginning, manipulating about halfway, more strength and various compounds the last 4 weeks. Stopped everything for about 3 weeks, then started back in with another 16 week cycle, mimicing the first. Taking a week break after nationals, roling right back into 5 remaining weeks. But Ive changed a couple things slightly because I need to bring a slightly different look. Plus, I felt benefit from changing it up.
Mostly though, Ive been extremely on point with my food. Very precise. I eat organic as muxh as possible, qualiry sourced proteins, lots of greens. Taking vitamins, being very health consxietious as much as possible, considering. Have had bloodwork done twice now during this process, and as always, health is very good

Last edited:
I never do below 16 week preps and have to know what you are doing off season too.

Be progressive with doses imo. Start low and up as you get closer to show/hit plateuas.
-F2S

This has been my longest prep season ever. 10 months now. I did a show in March, did nationals 1.5 weeks ago, will be competing nationally again in 4.5 weeks.
I started the 1st one at 16 weeks out, doing a typical prep. Maintenance levels in the beginning, manipulating about halfway, more strength and various compounds the last 4 weeks. Stopped everything for about 3 weeks, then started back in with another 16 week cycle, mimicing the first. Taking a week break after nationals, roling right back into 5 remaining weeks. But Ive changed a couple things slightly because I need to bring a slightly different look. Plus, I felt benefit from changing it up.
Mostly though, Ive been extremely on point with my food. Very precise. I eat organic as muxh as possible, qualiry sourced proteins, lots of greens. Taking vitamins, being very health consxietious as much as possible, considering. Have had bloodwork done twice now during this process, and as always, health is very good
My hat's off to you. You must be pretty wiped at this point from that amount of prep alone. Kudos for kicking arse :).

Thanks for the insight. I figured breaks would be warranted along the way.

I never do below 16 week preps and have to know what you are doing off season too.
This last blast started at 600mg test E/50mg of tren A 3x's a week and 20mg dbol preworkout. We ramped test up to 750 and tren to 75mg respectively. Then we dropped out the tren because I was just done with it at that point lol and upped test to 900mg. Ran test only for about 4 weeks, and we're ending with 50mg of drol on training days. Total blast here is 14 weeks. Made some pretty good improvements. We'll be dropping down to 250mg a week and trying to maintain via diet and training until I start prep in November. Adding 3iu of GH once I get bac water. Going to be a nice long break going into prep.

Be progressive with doses imo. Start low and up as you get closer to show/hit plateuas.
-F2S
That's kind of what I was picturing. I figured I could get away with a mild deficit running 250mg of test and a bit of GH. I'm not a mass monster by any means. Roughly 212-213 morning weight at 5'9.

Think of how many dudes that compete in Usa then nationals 16 weeks apart. Maybe they come off 2-4 weeks. I highly even doubt that. They’ll tell you they do, but they don’t.

Think of how many dudes that compete in Usa then nationals 16 weeks apart. Maybe they come off 2-4 weeks. I highly even doubt that. They’ll tell you they do, but they don’t.
Oh yeah, many of them come down to "cruise" levels (which could mean anywhere from a true TRT to 500-600+mgs), but that really doesn't do jack for recovery. I'm glad I'll have a good few months to stay at a low dose prior to starting prep. Should be interesting :D

What I'm planning on doing
32 weeks out up my test from TRT (125mg/wk) to 200 and add 200 EQ , raise HGH from 2iu/ED to 4iu/ED pre workout with 10iu Humulin-R (insulin is 2 week on , 2 weeks off)
Probably around 6-8 weeks into this I'll add 100mg to the test and EQ , probably increase calories a bit.

At 16 week out I'll drop the insulin split HGH to two dose add 100mg Masteron per week.

12 weeks out increase test to 400mg/wk add another 100mg/wk Masteron

8 weeks out add 100mg/Masteron drop EQ

6 weeks out add in 300mg Tren

2 weeks out drop HGH (cause I hold water from it) add in 1/2mg Arimadex EOD through the show

32 weeks out up my test from TRT (125mg/wk) to 200 and add 200 EQ , raise HGH from 2iu/ED to 4iu/ED pre workout with 10iu Humulin-R (insulin is 2 week on , 2 weeks off)
Probably around 6-8 weeks into this I'll add 100mg to the test and EQ , probably increase calories a bit.

At 16 week out I'll drop the insulin split HGH to two dose add 100mg Masteron per week.

2 weeks out drop HGH (cause I hold water from it) add in 1/2mg Arimadex EOD through the show
My man! Thank you for sharing. I'm a visual learner, so I like seeing things on paper like this. I like how you actually increase the calories, as I'm a big proponent of periodic diet breaks during a longer deficit.

No orals at the end there?

Thanks again for sharing :headbang:

My man! Thank you for sharing. I'm a visual learner, so I like seeing things on paper like this. I like how you actually increase the calories, as I'm a big proponent of periodic diet breaks during a longer deficit.

No orals at the end there?

Thanks again for sharing :headbang:

I have bad issues with stomach ulcers so I try not to use any orals anymore because they tend to piss off my stomach pretty quick.

We did this same protocol with my two training partners this last year for their show this summer. Th drug doses we're slightly different but same idea. The final week before the show they were still at 2500-2600 calories.

(There pics are in the members photo forum underthe "guess body fat")

I have bad issues with stomach ulcers so I try not to use any orals anymore because they tend to piss off my stomach pretty quick.

We did this same protocol with my two training partners this last year for their show this summer. Th drug doses we're slightly different but same idea. The final week before the show they were still at 2500-2600 calories.

(There pics are in the members photo forum underthe "guess body fat")
Yeah, I had gastritis for many years and thankfully it rarely flares up now. Ulcers have been healed, but orals tend to get to me after a while.

That's some pretty impressive stuff, man. Being able to keep calories high helps in so many regards. That's why your guys are still vascular and full. Nice work!

GS, You said a 100 mg Mast....Do you mean every other day?

GS, You said a 100 mg Mast....Do you mean every other day?
I read it a few times, and I think he meant he's starting off with 100mg, then adding another 100mg total, and finally another 100mg for 300mg/wk total. I could be wrong though, but that was my understanding :)

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131